Thread: MLB.tv questions?

MLB.tv questions?

Hi, everyone,

Was hoping someone here with an mlb.tv subscription will help me out. I'm looking at subscribing for this year (and buying Mlb.tv Premium to get the free At Bat app).

1. Does Mlb.tv show pregame and postgame shows as well?

2. If I subscribe for the 2013 season, do I get all spring training games as well? How about postseason? I'm guessing no on postseason without also buying Postseason.tv or whatever it was called. Right?
    Please check out my collection of vintage baseball recordings:

http://www.oldtimesports.net/users/AWilliams

They have hot stove which previews every matchup for the day. I don't have the premium but I know they had spring training games on.

It's deff worth subscribing to,
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

MLB.tv only does radio pregame and postgame. There are very rare instances where you will get any sort of TV pregame (ie. stream starts at 8:00, game doesn't start until 8:20, special pregame ceremonies are usually shown) and you'll never get postgame; they cut to 'Thank you for watching' as soon as the first commercial break hits. You will see postgame interviews if they do not go to commercial first.

You are correct about Postseason.tv (you still will have some games blacked out), and I believe CWS1173 is correct about spring training.

If you or anyone else has any questions about MLB.tv, please ask away; I have a lot of answers, and if I feel I can give it I will.

Thanks for the info! I already ditched cable in favor of Apple TV/blu-ray player, so basically my decision is whether to upgrade to MLB.tv Premium or just stay with baseball on the radio and iPad via both Gameday Audio and At Bat 12. I believe I will upgrade to MLB.tv as it includes both the audio broadcasts and the free At Bat app.

I am slightly disappointed about the lack of pre-game and post-game shows, though. Hot Stove sounds interesting.
    Please check out my collection of vintage baseball recordings:

http://www.oldtimesports.net/users/AWilliams

MLB.tv premium is well worth it. I have nothing personal against the radio feeds, but I only use them when I have to (i.e. when watching a game that's blacked out live and I'm too impatient to wait until the blackout window is lifted).

That being said: I wish they offered a chance to jump to a specific inning during an archived radio feed, like they do with video. And I HATE NEXDEF. It never works right. It's not even compatible with OS X 10.8.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

I've had it for a few years and can't imagine life without it at this point. I'd go for the full package right off the bat, you won't be sorry. I love the condensed games feature they have. Nobody has time for every game everyday. It's good stuff.
    smoker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    MLB.tv premium is well worth it. I have nothing personal against the radio feeds, but I only use them when I have to (i.e. when watching a game that's blacked out live and I'm too impatient to wait until the blackout window is lifted).

That being said: I wish they offered a chance to jump to a specific inning during an archived radio feed, like they do with video. And I HATE NEXDEF. It never works right. It's not even compatible with OS X 10.8.
    My best advice for you re: nexdef is to keep a shortcut to install nexdef on your desktop. If you ever run into a problem, just try reinstalling the plugin. Should solve most problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgweiss View Post
    My best advice for you re: nexdef is to keep a shortcut to install nexdef on your desktop. If you ever run into a problem, just try reinstalling the plugin. Should solve most problems.
    The problem is that NexDef is incompatible with the current version of Mac OS X (10.8) and MLB.TV hasn't released a version that will work.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    The problem is that NexDef is incompatible with the current version of Mac OS X (10.8) and MLB.TV hasn't released a version that will work.
    you are correct, and have a great point. I did not address the OS X 10.8 issue, merely the many complaints I hear over the course of a season about nexdef....when properly troubleshot, it actually does work.

While I'm not informed in giving this answer, I can speculate that an updated version should be out when the 2013 season opens; the crew does work hard through the offseason. Personally, I'm hoping for a chrome OS-compatible NexDef, though I can assume that a OS X 10.8 version will precede that. Again, I can't promise anything, but if there is an opportunity to complain (again) about the lack of compatibility, or any news regarding it, I'll be sure to try my best to represent you.

Since I usually watch MLB.TV games via my AppleTV device, the NexDef incompatibility with 10.8 is not a huge problem. What I miss is the ability to overlay the radio call on top of the video feed. I dearly wish the AppleTV would let us do this. That's what I miss most of all, not being able to use NexDef. Especially when there are weekend Fox games and I am trying my darnedest not to have to listen to Buck & McCarver.