Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 571

Thread: General 2012/2013 Offseason Thread

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,587
    Mark Feinsand‏ @FeinsandNYDN

    League source: Cody Ross has reached agreement with Diamondbacks on a three-year deal.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,646
    Can this be real? The Indians offered Nick Swisher a 4 year deal worth 52 million and he's still considering it? Mind boggling!

    https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/...44569244057601
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    9,384
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Can this be real? The Indians offered Nick Swisher a 4 year deal worth 52 million and he's still considering it? Mind boggling!

    https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/...44569244057601

    4 years, 13 mil per year when BJ Upton got 5 years 15 per year? Darn right I'd put that in the "consider it" stage.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,587
    Cody Ross' deal is reportedly 3 years / $26M which includes a fourth year option w/ $1M buyout. Arizona's now expected to push for a Kubel trade and Jon Heyman is saying there are a few teams interested.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    4 years, 13 mil per year when BJ Upton got 5 years 15 per year? Darn right I'd put that in the "consider it" stage.
    It's sad that someone else gets paid too much Swisher is suddenly worth 4 years. Neither should be given more than 3. I remember when 4 and 5 year deals were reserved to the elite.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    9,384
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    It's sad that someone else gets paid too much Swisher is suddenly worth 4 years. Neither should be given more than 3. I remember when 4 and 5 year deals were reserved to the elite.
    Well, so do I, but such is the nature of the market today. If Swisher drops the ball here and ends up taking a lesser offer, it's his own fault.

  7. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Mark Feinsand‏ @FeinsandNYDN

    League source: Cody Ross has reached agreement with Diamondbacks on a three-year deal.
    D-Backs love them some OFers

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Can this be real? The Indians offered Nick Swisher a 4 year deal worth 52 million and he's still considering it? Mind boggling!

    https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/...44569244057601
    I'd gobble him up at that price.

    Dodgers paid Ethier 85 million over 5 years, and Swish is the better player.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,587
    ESPN in Boston saying the Sox are very close to acquring Joel Hanrahan from the Pirates. He's supposedly going to be Boston's primary closer. I believe Hanrahan is in his final year of arbitration after making approximately $4M last season.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,587
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    D-Backs love them some OFers
    Texas is said to still want Upton, but if I'm AZ, I want quite a haul. The Rangers lost alot of proven power with Hamilton & Napoli leaving, and have very little power from the left side anymore. Maybe they work a deal for Kubel while moving lesser prospects than it would cost to get Upton.

    EDIT: Or maybe the D'Backs simply go with a LF platoon...

    Ross vs LHP .295 / 1.010 OPS
    Ross vs RHP .256 / .729 OPS

    Kubel vs LHP .234 / .736 OPS
    Kubel vs RHP .264 / .888 OPS

    ...and maybe move someone like Parra for bullpen help or something.
    Last edited by Ben Grimm; 12-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,315
    Maybe Swisher doesn't want to spend 4 years of his life in Cleveland. Cleveland isn't going to further his wife's acting career.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,189
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Cody Ross' deal is reportedly 3 years / $26M which includes a fourth year option w/ $1M buyout. Arizona's now expected to push for a Kubel trade and Jon Heyman is saying there are a few teams interested.
    Not sure i really grt this move...kubel played pretty well last year, and dont see him as the issue...they got more out of him than they expected

  13. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Texas is said to still want Upton, but if I'm AZ, I want quite a haul. The Rangers lost alot of proven power with Hamilton & Napoli leaving, and have very little power from the left side anymore. Maybe they work a deal for Kubel while moving lesser prospects than it would cost to get Upton.

    EDIT: Or maybe the D'Backs simply go with a LF platoon...

    Ross vs LHP .295 / 1.010 OPS
    Ross vs RHP .256 / .729 OPS

    Kubel vs LHP .234 / .736 OPS
    Kubel vs RHP .264 / .888 OPS

    ...and maybe move someone like Parra for bullpen help or something.
    That's an expensive platoon.
    Kubel @ $7.5 million + Ross at $8.7 million (26/3) = $16.2 million

    I see you used splits from 2012. Due to the small number of at bats in a partial season, it's better to use career or 3-year splits.

    Ross vs L in his career is 40% better than a league average hitter (141 wRC+) and 8% worse than average vs righties (92 wRC+)
    Kubel vs R in his career is 20% better than a league average hitter (120 wRC+) and 15% worse than average vs lefties (85 wRC+)

    From that view point a platoon would make sense. But I can't imagine that they're paying Ross $8 million to play about 30% of the time.

    In my opinion, Parra is the best player. I'd play him in LF and dump both of these guys. That'd free up a lot of money.

  14. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Texas is said to still want Upton, but if I'm AZ, I want quite a haul. The Rangers lost alot of proven power with Hamilton & Napoli leaving, and have very little power from the left side anymore. Maybe they work a deal for Kubel while moving lesser prospects than it would cost to get Upton.

    EDIT: Or maybe the D'Backs simply go with a LF platoon...

    Ross vs LHP .295 / 1.010 OPS
    Ross vs RHP .256 / .729 OPS

    Kubel vs LHP .234 / .736 OPS
    Kubel vs RHP .264 / .888 OPS

    ...and maybe move someone like Parra for bullpen help or something.
    I really hope the jason kubel is not the answer to the question who replaces hamilton and napoli

    even if texas gets upton AND kubel that team is still a lot weaker than the 2012 team which missed the playoffs ( I don't call that one game face off "playoffs")
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

  15. #240

  16. #241
    Woo hoo!!!!

    Raul,
    Thanks for an unreal week in the post season. Have fun in Seattle.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far NE Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,587
    Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN

    BREAKING: Nick Swisher has agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal with the Indians. Vesting $14M option for a 5th year could make it $70M.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

  18. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN

    BREAKING: Nick Swisher has agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal with the Indians. Vesting $14M option for a 5th year could make it $70M.
    Can't believe that's all he got.

    Great deal for the Indians

  19. #244
    At least he won't have to worry about performing in the postseason.......

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,315
    Nick Swisher to Cleveland. Gross.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, USA
    Posts
    3,959
    Swish doesn't hit in the playoffs but this is the Indians so it won't matter.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,235
    The Yankees seem to lose pieces every year and never seem to replace them.

  23. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    The Yankees seem to lose pieces every year and never seem to replace them.
    And yet they are still good every year. How? How I ask you?

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Tampa Florida.
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    And yet they are still good every year. How? How I ask you?
    That's what i keep asking myself.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,447
    Blog Entries
    4
    With all due respect to the Indians, I think the Yankees were smart to let go of Nick and his I'm-a-Yankee grin.
    Put it in the books.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •