Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: General 2012/2013 Offseason Thread

Mark Feinsand‏ @FeinsandNYDN

League source: Cody Ross has reached agreement with Diamondbacks on a three-year deal.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Can this be real? The Indians offered Nick Swisher a 4 year deal worth 52 million and he's still considering it? Mind boggling!

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/...44569244057601
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Can this be real? The Indians offered Nick Swisher a 4 year deal worth 52 million and he's still considering it? Mind boggling!

4 years, 13 mil per year when BJ Upton got 5 years 15 per year? Darn right I'd put that in the "consider it" stage.

Cody Ross' deal is reportedly 3 years / $26M which includes a fourth year option w/ $1M buyout. Arizona's now expected to push for a Kubel trade and Jon Heyman is saying there are a few teams interested.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    4 years, 13 mil per year when BJ Upton got 5 years 15 per year? Darn right I'd put that in the "consider it" stage.
    It's sad that someone else gets paid too much Swisher is suddenly worth 4 years. Neither should be given more than 3. I remember when 4 and 5 year deals were reserved to the elite.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

It's sad that someone else gets paid too much Swisher is suddenly worth 4 years. Neither should be given more than 3. I remember when 4 and 5 year deals were reserved to the elite.
    Well, so do I, but such is the nature of the market today. If Swisher drops the ball here and ends up taking a lesser offer, it's his own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Mark Feinsand‏ @FeinsandNYDN

League source: Cody Ross has reached agreement with Diamondbacks on a three-year deal.
    D-Backs love them some OFers

I'd gobble him up at that price.

Dodgers paid Ethier 85 million over 5 years, and Swish is the better player.

ESPN in Boston saying the Sox are very close to acquring Joel Hanrahan from the Pirates. He's supposedly going to be Boston's primary closer. I believe Hanrahan is in his final year of arbitration after making approximately $4M last season.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    D-Backs love them some OFers
    Texas is said to still want Upton, but if I'm AZ, I want quite a haul. The Rangers lost alot of proven power with Hamilton & Napoli leaving, and have very little power from the left side anymore. Maybe they work a deal for Kubel while moving lesser prospects than it would cost to get Upton.

EDIT: Or maybe the D'Backs simply go with a LF platoon...

Ross vs LHP .295 / 1.010 OPS
    Ross vs RHP .256 / .729 OPS

Kubel vs LHP .234 / .736 OPS
    Kubel vs RHP .264 / .888 OPS

...and maybe move someone like Parra for bullpen help or something.
    Last edited by Ben Grimm; 12-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Maybe Swisher doesn't want to spend 4 years of his life in Cleveland. Cleveland isn't going to further his wife's acting career.

Blog Entries
    Cody Ross' deal is reportedly 3 years / $26M which includes a fourth year option w/ $1M buyout. Arizona's now expected to push for a Kubel trade and Jon Heyman is saying there are a few teams interested.
    Not sure i really grt this move...kubel played pretty well last year, and dont see him as the issue...they got more out of him than they expected

Texas is said to still want Upton, but if I'm AZ, I want quite a haul. The Rangers lost alot of proven power with Hamilton & Napoli leaving, and have very little power from the left side anymore. Maybe they work a deal for Kubel while moving lesser prospects than it would cost to get Upton.

That's an expensive platoon.
    Kubel @ $7.5 million + Ross at $8.7 million (26/3) = $16.2 million

I see you used splits from 2012. Due to the small number of at bats in a partial season, it's better to use career or 3-year splits.

Ross vs L in his career is 40% better than a league average hitter (141 wRC+) and 8% worse than average vs righties (92 wRC+)
    Kubel vs R in his career is 20% better than a league average hitter (120 wRC+) and 15% worse than average vs lefties (85 wRC+)

From that view point a platoon would make sense. But I can't imagine that they're paying Ross $8 million to play about 30% of the time.

In my opinion, Parra is the best player. I'd play him in LF and dump both of these guys. That'd free up a lot of money.

I really hope the jason kubel is not the answer to the question who replaces hamilton and napoli

even if texas gets upton AND kubel that team is still a lot weaker than the 2012 team which missed the playoffs ( I don't call that one game face off "playoffs")
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Woo hoo!!!!

Raul,
    Thanks for an unreal week in the post season. Have fun in Seattle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN

BREAKING: Nick Swisher has agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal with the Indians. Vesting $14M option for a 5th year could make it $70M.

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN

BREAKING: Nick Swisher has agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal with the Indians. Vesting $14M option for a 5th year could make it $70M.
    Can't believe that's all he got.

Great deal for the Indians

At least he won't have to worry about performing in the postseason.......

Nick Swisher to Cleveland. Gross.

Swish doesn't hit in the playoffs but this is the Indians so it won't matter.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

The Yankees seem to lose pieces every year and never seem to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    The Yankees seem to lose pieces every year and never seem to replace them.
    And yet they are still good every year. How? How I ask you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    And yet they are still good every year. How? How I ask you?
    That's what i keep asking myself.

Blog Entries
    With all due respect to the Indians, I think the Yankees were smart to let go of Nick and his I'm-a-Yankee grin.
    Put it in the books.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast