Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So what exactly are the Mets doing, and what is being accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by PVNICK View Post
    I believe it's called getting suckers to buy jerseys under the guise of a "noble" cause. Same with the pink stuff, etc.
    I think it's an insult to the men and women who have to wear camouflage as part of their service. A bunch of cosseted millionaire athletes playing dress up like soldiers is the last thing fans need to see.

That said, the Mets commitment to veterans is one of the (few) great things ownership of this team does. But now they're trying to "sell" it, and frankly, it's all rather hideous.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    I think it's an insult to the men and women who have to wear camouflage as part of their service. A bunch of cosseted millionaire athletes playing dress up like soldiers is the last thing fans need to see.

That said, the Mets commitment to veterans is one of the (few) great things ownership of this team does. But now they're trying to "sell" it, and frankly, it's all rather hideous.
    Agreed. I think it is meant to honor them but it is too much. I like what the Padres do every Sunday but they do have one of the largest military bases a few miles from there ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by PVNICK View Post
    I believe it's called getting suckers to buy jerseys under the guise of a "noble" cause. Same with the pink stuff, etc.
    Reminds me of how, when the fans browbeat them into finally putting in a Hall Of Fame, they had the exit flow directly into the Team Store.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234