Thread: Yankees / Red Sox Trivia

Yankees / Red Sox Trivia

In light of Youkilis signing with the Yankees, here are some home run trivia questions for players that played for both teams:

1. Of the players who played for the Red Sox and the Yankees and no other franchises, who is the only player to homer for both teams? Elston Howard
    2. Who is the only player to hit 70+ career homeruns for the Red Sox and the Yankees? Mike Stanley
    3. Besides the answer to #2, who is the only other player to hit 50+ career homeruns for both the Red Sox and the Yankees? Johnny Damon
    4. Who are the only 3 players to hit 25+ homeruns in a season for the Red Sox and the Yankees? Babe Ruth, Don Baylor, Jack Clark
    5. Who are the only 4 players who have hit 150+ career homeruns with the Red Sox and Yankees combined? Babe Ruth, Elston Howard, George Scott, Jackie Jensen [COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 12-13-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    In light of Youkilis signing with the Yankees, here are some home run trivia questions for players that played for both teams:

1. Of the players who played for the Red Sox and the Yankees and no other franchises, who is the only player to homer for both teams?
    2. Who is the only player to hit 70+ career homeruns for the Red Sox and the Yankees?
    3. Besides the answer to #2, who is the only other player to hit 50+ career homeruns for both the Red Sox and the Yankees?
    4. Who are the only 2 players to hit 25+ homeruns in a season for the Red Sox and the Yankees?
    5. Who are the only 4 players with 150+ career homeruns who have homered for both the Red Sox and the Yankees?
    One of the answers for #4 and #5 is of course Babe Ruth.

Mike Stanley could be the answer to #2.

Johnny Damon for #3.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    One of the answers for #4 and #5 is of course Babe Ruth.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Mike Stanley could be the answer to #2.

Johnny Damon for #3.
    Both are correct

How about Rickey Henderson as one of the answers for #5. I'm pretty sure he played a season in Boston and had to hit at least one HR, no?
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Blog Entries
    Duffy Lewis for #1
    Don Baylor for 4 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    How about Rickey Henderson as one of the answers for #5. I'm pretty sure he played a season in Boston and had to hit at least one HR, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by PVNICK View Post
    Duffy Lewis for #1
    Don Baylor for 4 and 5
    sorry, I messed up question number 5, it has been reworded. Baylor is correct for #4, but there is also a third person. Looks like I need a little better research.

Duffy Lewis played for Washington, too, so doesn't qualify for #1
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 12-12-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Elston Howard hit 161 for the Yankees and 6 for the Red Sox.

4# Jack Clark

Blog Entries
    5- Bob Watson and I think but may be wrong about George Scott playing briefly for the Yankees before retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Elston Howard hit 161 for the Yankees and 6 for the Red Sox.
    Correct for #1 and #5

Quote Originally Posted by Reds5 View Post
    4# Jack Clark
    Correct, I thought this would be the difficult one since he only played 1 year with the Yankees and 2 with the Sox

Quote Originally Posted by PVNICK View Post
    5- Bob Watson and I think but may be wrong about George Scott playing briefly for the Yankees before retiring.
    Watson only played 3 years with the Yankees and 1 with the Redsox, and didn't hit enough homeruns for any of these lists. George Scott is correct for #5. Hit 1 homerun in 16 games for the Yankees in his last year

One more to go on #5
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 12-12-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Jackie Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by Macker View Post
    Jackie Jensen
    That's it.