Thread: It's 12/12/12 12:12

It's 12/12/12 12:12

In Las Vegas!! Just thought I would throw that in for no real reason Have a great day all!!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
    In Las Vegas!! Just thought I would throw that in for no real reason Have a great day all!!
    I always look forward to such dates and times and then miss them when they happen. June 7, 1989 was one such date.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    I always look forward to such dates and times and then miss them when they happen. June 7, 1989 was one such date.
    I remember that day. The local news (I lived in Southern California at the time) had a story about a baby born at 1:23:45 AM on that date. So that was 01:23:45 6/7/89

Just realized, that baby is now a young adult! Time flies!

I had something somewhat along these lines.Memphis had the Mets`triple A farm club named the Memphis Blues.On 8-8-68,Yogi(wearing his #8),who was a coach with the Mets,was in town to sign autographs for us fans.It was probably around 6:30 not 8:00 though,oh well!

Even greater will be January 2nd, 3,456.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Even greater will be January 2nd, 3,456.
    I bet BBF will be hopping that day.
    Robin JEDI

Blog Entries
    I bet BBF will be hopping that day.
    lol

For the record, I was quite aware of this 12:12:12.12 on 12/12/12 well in advance. And, for the record, I too was still in Pacific Standard Time when it came and passed, having just departed from the San Francisco airport on a return flight to NYC. Normally, when I fly to another time zone, I change my wristwatch immediately upon take-off. This time, however, I waited twenty minutes until the time came and went, at which time I consciously switched to 3:13pm EST.

Put it in the books.

At the time this photo was taken it was just 3:33:33 until the official release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"...

(Photo taken July 20, 2007. Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
    X
    This is home now - Citi Field, capacity 41,800 - and every seat in this ballpark seemingly filled, some standees as well, anticipating a piece of history as delivered by Mike Pelfrey, the 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas. Into a windup, his first pitch in the history of Citi Field, a fastball for a called strike to Jody Gerut. Gerut off to a .214 start with no homers and one RBI. - Howie Rose calls the very first pitch thrown at Citi Field, April 13, 2009

Vegas was jumping on that day - weddings galore!!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
    Vegas was jumping on that day - weddings galore!!
    Well, it was the second wednesday of the month.
    Robin JEDI