Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Mariners - Back To The Future

Blog Entries
    The Seattle Mariners' 1981-1986 home uniforms were great. The Seattle Mariners 1985 & 1986 road uniforms were great too! Class personified.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 12-20-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    The fans want the old logo, colors and uniforms back.
    Bull. Mariners fans love the current unis. Not one single M's fan I've talked to agrees with you.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    The fact that the Seattle Mariners' brilliant 1981-1986 uniforms makes certain people hot and bothered convinces me it's very important that the Mariners switch back to their old uniforms and logo permanently! The opposing views are priceless. Non-Mariners fans are jealous of what could and should be, just as I predicted!

Blog Entries

Seattle Mariners Logo

Please replace the current NATO-looking compass rose logo with the logo and wordmark we all know and love...

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 10-10-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Alvin Davis in the classic Seattle Mariners 1981-1986 cap and Seattle Mariners 1981-1986 BP jersey on his 1987 Topps card! An example of what once was and what could be again! Unique brand identity for the Seattle Mariners!

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 12-19-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    The Seattle Mariners looked great from 1981-1986, especially 1985 & 1986!
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 10-16-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    The script that Mariners fans want to see again.

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 10-10-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Timing

I said elsewhere that the Warriors are going to wear jerseys with sleeves. Okay, I'm not sure about that, no other team's doing it. Another thing no other team is doing in baseball is outfitting their team in athletic wear. The Mariners can and should do just that. Bring their 1981-1986 uniforms out of retirement! The timing is perfect to do just that! After the Felix press conference, it would be great to hear and see that the Mariners are setting trends and blazing trails by wearing their best uniforms in team history, which in turn would be the best in the game.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 06-17-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Let's say the Mariners announced tomorrow that they're changing their uniforms and without saying so, the new uniforms would be the uniforms they wore from 1981-1986. The average Mariner fan wouldn't know they're from the '80s, they would see them as new, unique and different and much better suited in the HD era. Let's not kid ourselves, these uniforms haven't been worn apart from a game in 2011, for 27 years., so not many people would identify them with the Argyros era. Compared with the Mariners current uniforms which are dull, generic, dark, tired and convey a false aura of being "traditional" with the awful piping down the front of the jersey and side of the pants, they would be seen as fresh and new. Quite frankly, apart from signing Felix to a new contract, bringing back their 1981-1986 uniforms is the best move the Mariners can make. It really needs to happen.

Blog Entries
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Seuss

It's time for the Mariners to stand out.

Blog Entries
    The best Seattle Mariners uniform. 1981-1986 is the greatest Seattle Mariners uniform. Wear them again.

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 10-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Seuss

It's time for the Mariners to stand out.
    Doesn't that contradict what you said about the Warriors in post 48?
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Blog Entries
    The Mariners current look, 1993-present is so boring and generic. I want to see Felix and co. wearing their greatest uniforms that were worn from 1981-1986 ASAP, but especially when he starts reaching career milestones. Gaylord Perry wore the Mariners greatest jersey and cap when he won his 300th game in 1982. I would like to see Felix have the same privilege when he does something special. It was a shame he wore such an awful uniform when he pitched his perfect game. Mariners, let's make the change, NOW!

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 12-19-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    There are conflicting reports circulating right now, one of them is that Ebbets Field Flannels is consulting the Mariners about possible new uniforms for 2014, and instead of unretiring the best uniforms in team history (1981-1986), a new creme colored uniform would be introduced. That would be awful, I honestly hate the thought of the Mariners wearing creme colored uniforms, I might actually think of disowning them. Creme is just disgusting. The last thing the Mariners need to do and knowing Ebbets Field Flannels, is to trot out on Opening Day 2014 wearing uniforms that look like they're from 1934,1944 or 1954. No way, no how. They don't need to be the S.F. Giants North. I didn't even know Ebbets Field Flannels was still in business. Seriously, if they wear creme colored uniforms, I might just give up baseball, not just the Mariners. The last thing I want to see is Felix wearing a baggy, dull, button-front, cream colored jersey with the terrible piping down the front along with loose, long pajama pants. If that happens, forget it, it's over.
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 03-07-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    For some reason, I've been questioned about being someone else, last week I googled Mariners logos and came across a thread from another forum. A username that for some reason has been linked to myself in the v-neck pullover jersey forum appeared. That thread is from 2009, but there are two distinct, different philosophies between myself and this other individual whose name has been brought up here.

Trying hard, much?
    No one can make you
    Do what they want to
    You know you're stronger
    Than the lies
    That they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by mrakbaseball View Post
    This will always be SkyDome, no offense to the departed Mr. Rogers.
    Really, this is basically Riverfront Stadium with a retractable roof and a hotel.
    Let's be honest, SkyDome opened in '89 with an already outdated PSCSLD seating configuration, fake grass and no connection to its surroundings. It's basically Riverfront with a retractable roof and a hotel.
    Coincidence?...perhaps...but nearly identical posts by two "different" Mariners fans would naturally raise an eyebrow, no?
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Big deal, I could have easily said Busch or Three Rivers instead of Riverfront. It's not an uncommon sentiment. You proved nothing and there is no "gotcha" moment.

Steve Henderson in 1984, wearing the greatest Seattle Mariners jersey!
    I don't want creme colored uniforms. I don't mind getting teal out of the equation, but get navy out of the equation as well. If the Mariners are indeed going to change their uniforms in 2014, the solution would be to unretire the 1981-1986 uniforms, logo and colors. Not a difficult choice.

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 12-19-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Cream-colored unis would be a nice addition the Mariners. The Giants, Phillies, Braves and Cardinals Creams look great.
    - Walt Whitman

I don't want creme colored uniforms.
    It's what the majority wants that counts. Show me a poll that supports your contention that the majority of Mariner fans want elastic belts.
    - Walt Whitman

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast