Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1903 Season Thread

Team stats and usage
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

This sim puts us at the all star break. please check out the allstqar thread and vote for your allstars. As we did last year, I will be actually simming an allstar game. As leaders of their divisions, Ed and Jack will be setting the lineups and naming the final roster spots once the voting ands.
    I will have voting open til Sunday at midnight eastern.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

This has really been a disappointing first half for the Tigers. I'm second in the American League in runs scored and have allowed the fewest runs. My run differential is +82 while the teams ahead of me are +60 and +31. I keep thinking I'm going to turn things around but instead I just keep slipping further behind. I keep waiting to run off a couple of 9-1 or 8-2 sims and it just isn't happening. I may need to look into changing things up as we head into the second half.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Don't feel bad Dan. The first season my run differential was 160, yet I finished third behind the Rams (-23) and the Bums (+105). So it can certainly happen.

The Tigers Harry Howell came within an eyelash of a no hitter against my Express on June 30th. Jimmy Sheckard beat out an infield hit in the first inning, and that's the only hit the Express were able to muster.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

At long last I have every team page updated on our league website. Check it out gentlemen.

http://rmadachik.wix.com/p2pkl

Very nice Rich! Looks great.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

just a reminder -voting for allstars ends on sunday at midnight. Please take some time to put together a ballot before then.

Tennessee came out strong posting an 8-2 sim to move into a tie for 2nd in the AL. Detroit sits a game back of the wildcard despite having a league best run differential of 101 runs.

Seattle and Kalamazoo both went 6-4 to keep things unchanged in the AL - Kalamazoo is 1 game up and Seattle is 12 games ahead of 3rd place Cleveland

Team stats and usage

Detroit posted an 8-2 sim to finally make some noise in the AL putting them 4 games behind the Inmates, and 3 games ahead of Tennessee and Jamestown while the Bums sit 4 games back.

In the NL, Seattle continued to roll with a 7-3 sim moving back into 1st - a game up on Kalamazoo.

Team stats and Usage

Way to go Dragons! I saw the Kumquats as heavy favorites coming in, but I'm starting to believe my boys can pull it off now.

Rich, here's something that may sound like a dumb request. I really can't remember the names of most of our owners, or more correctly- attach them to their teams.

Is it possible to attach the owners' names somewhere for easy reference? For example, in the league standings which are posted after each sim, could it make sense to put the owners' names beside their respective teams?

I find this to be very frustrating. Perhaps it's not a problem for most of you guys because you've been involved in the other league together.

So- is there a simple fix for this?

Thanks.

I created a team and owner thread with each team name and owner name.

Mark - Could you please sticky that thread for me?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRon View Post
    Rich, here's something that may sound like a dumb request. I really can't remember the names of most of our owners, or more correctly- attach them to their teams.

Is it possible to attach the owners' names somewhere for easy reference? For example, in the league standings which are posted after each sim, could it make sense to put the owners' names beside their respective teams?

I find this to be very frustrating. Perhaps it's not a problem for most of you guys because you've been involved in the other league together.

So- is there a simple fix for this?

Thanks.
    That's why I put my team names in the tag after my signature.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Well well well . . . things got really interesting over in the AL. Jamestown went 9-1 and both Detroit and Lighthouse Point went 7-3, while the Inmates posted a 4-6 sim. That left the Inmates only one game up on Detroit, while the Express sit 2 games out of first, and the Bums are now only 5 games out of first.

Meanwhile, over in the NL, Seattle and Kalamazoo were the only teams to post winning sims (Both going 7-3)

Usage and team stats

We are at August 10th now. September 1st is the trading dadline (2 more sims left till then)

Quote Originally Posted by rmadachik View Post
    I created a team and owner thread with each team name and owner name.

Mark - Could you please sticky that thread for me?
    Thanks for doing that, Rich.

A couple events happened recently that I wanted to announce.

First - New Orleans Barons Tommy Leach hit for the cycle against the Bums

Second - Dragons OF Sam Crawford hit 2 triples in 2 consecutive days.

Congrats to both players

The Kumquats are placing Casey Patten on the trading block. He is signed for $2.00M through the 1905 season. What are we looking for in return? Value in 1904 and beyond.

Jack
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Tigers are looking to deal for an OF/DH type player before the trade deadline.
    Dan
    CKL - Maloy Boys
    P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Nice to see an Express player picked as Batter of the Month. Jimmy deserves it; he (along with Harry Wolverton) has been pretty much carrying the offensive load for the Express, so thanks for picking him.

I have worked out a trade with the Pioneers.

The Pioneers get:
    Wid Conroy
    Doc Scanlan
    Sharks 1904 1st round pick

Sharks get
    1907 1st round pick
    1904 2nd round pick
    Highball Wilson
    Harry Aubrey

jaybird_1981 will confirm
    The Dark Knight is the best movie I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Quote Originally Posted by Wade8813 View Post
    I have worked out a trade with the Pioneers.

The Pioneers get:
    Wid Conroy
    Doc Scanlan
    Sharks 1904 1st round pick

Sharks get
    1907 1st round pick
    1904 2nd round pick
    Highball Wilson
    Harry Aubrey

jaybird_1981 will confirm
    The Pioneers confirm.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast