Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: First woman MLB player - when?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    So, you don't know either?
    Are we having a late night cat fight?
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Is it just a coincidence that International Women's Day is the only day with just 23 hours?

Is it just a coincidence that International Women's Day is the only day with just 23 hours?
    Women can get things done faster than men.

Korean Women Baseball, should we pay attention?

I've never heard of it. I'm much more interested in how the women's "pro" league is doing in Japan.

Korean Women Baseball, should we pay attention?
    Are you talking about a professional league? I did an Internet search and nothing came up.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

I personally see the future of baseball for women in Japan and their pro league. They've already offered Chelsea Baker 50k a year. The Japanese aren't near as hung up on the whole "girls are inferior" thing as most cultures. With American girls playing over there, I think it could actually grow into something. Baseball is HUGE over there.

I don't know how many people actually know this, but there are a women's and 16u girls Team USA. They practice out of the same complexes as the men's Team USA teams and travel all over the world. Japan is usually their largest competition (and more often than not beat us), because the girls are playing baseball from tball on vs our girls playing baseball and being forced into softball. Australia is also another country that has a very strong girl's baseball scene, and they're usually one of our stronger competitors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by clayadams View Post
    I personally see the future of baseball for women in Japan and their pro league. They've already offered Chelsea Baker 50k a year. The Japanese aren't near as hung up on the whole "girls are inferior" thing as most cultures. With American girls playing over there, I think it could actually grow into something. Baseball is HUGE over there.

I don't know how many people actually know this, but there are a women's and 16u girls Team USA. They practice out of the same complexes as the men's Team USA teams and travel all over the world. Japan is usually their largest competition (and more often than not beat us), because the girls are playing baseball from tball on vs our girls playing baseball and being forced into softball. Australia is also another country that has a very strong girl's baseball scene, and they're usually one of our stronger competitors as well.
    A few women have posted on here about their experiences playing on adult women baseball teams. I don't know what happened to them.

Out of 100,000 girls playing youth baseball only 1,259 survived to play for their HS baseball teams in 2012/2013. The point that girls and young women make is they would prefer playing baseball against other girls rather than switch to softball. I think the only way both girl's softball and girl's baseball could exist at the HS level is in larger school districts with huge numbers of girls trying out for spring sports.

I have noticed more girls playing at our local Little League than when my son last played LL ball twelve years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    Are you talking about a professional league? I did an Internet search and nothing came up.
    I think I saw some mention of a Korean pro league on twitter.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910