Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 IP Success Thread

2013 IP Success Thread

It's 2013, y'all.

Post your in-person autograph successes here.
    http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1377/oak2jf0.jpg
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

First IP success of the year:

Jose Behar-1/1 on his 2012 Jamestown Hammers card
    Last edited by J.P; 01-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Rubi Silva-1/1 on his 2012 Daytona Cubs card

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Jose Contreras on an 03 Fleer Heritage and 04 Topps.

Dayan Viciedo- 11 & 12 Topps

Alex Castellanos- 11 Bowman Prospects
    David Espinosa- 02 UD 40 Man

Alexei Ramirez- 09, 10, 12 Topps
    Alex Ochoa-97 UD Collector's Choice and 01 UD Victory

Frank Del Valle- on his 2012 Daytona Cubs card.

Attended the Pawtucket Red Sox (Red Sox AAA) annual "Hot Stove" party yesterday.

The team, as always, does a great job with the event...free hot dogs, soda, and snacks, opportunity to buy tickets and merchandise, Q&A with players and management. The event was very busy this year, but the team's staff did a great job of keeping it organized and keeping everyone moving.

There were four players and a coach there signing - Hitting coach Dave Joppie, top prospects Jackie Bradley Jr and Allen Webster, and Justin Henry and Dan Butler, who should be on the Pawsox this year.

I got autographs of all but Butler (I didn't have a card of him), but the two from Henry bled (my fault...glossy cards I forgot to powder).

The autos of the other three look great, though:

Jackie Bradley Jr. (SCAN1) (SCAN2)

Allen Webster (SCAN1) (SCAN2)

Dave Joppie (SCAN)
    Visit my new card scan site at Baseball Card Scans.

View my autograph collection at Mike D's TTM Page.

At the 25th (and final) annual Joe DiMaggio Foundation's Legends Game, all on cards:

Bruce Aven
    "Oil Can" Boyd
    Bert Campaneris x2
    Warren Cromartie
    Tommy Davis
    Orestes Destrade
    Chris Hammond
    Willie Horton
    Bill Lee
    Phil Linz
    Elliott Maddox
    Rudy May
    Rusty Meacham
    "Blue Moon" Odom
    Fritz Peterson
    Dennis Rasmussen
    Art Shamsky
    Anthony Telford
    Al Weis
    Steve Whitaker

-Didn't do as well as in years past, a lot of the regulars didnt show up, the gates opened later than usual, some of the players were late, they switched the clubhouse they usually use to get dressed and by the time we realized we were on the "wrong" side, the "right" side was packed, and I couldnt stay to graph after the game and in the parking lot. Sad this was the last year though.

Yunesky Maya- on a 2011 Bowman and 2011 Gipsy Queen.
    Adeiny Hechavarria on a 2010 Topps Pro Debut

Manny Machado- on his 10 Bowman Draft (He signed it right on top of the silver indented facsimile sig that comes with the card, so the actual signature is not very readable )
    Jorge Soler- on his 12 Bowman Chrome Prospects
    Noel Arguelles- on his 10 Bowman Chrome Prospects.

Double post.
    Last edited by J.P; 02-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Nice going J.P. As for the Machado, even if it's not as viewable as possible, it can't be worse than some of those Vladdy Guerrero "offical" autos back in the 90s. My dog writes better with a crayon in his mouth.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Nice going J.P. As for the Machado, even if it's not as viewable as possible, it can't be worse than some of those Vladdy Guerrero "offical" autos back in the 90s. My dog writes better with a crayon in his mouth.

At a couple of stops in the Marlins caravan this morning, all on cards:

Placido Polanco x3
    Donovan Solano
    Adeiny Hechavarria x2
    Justin Ruggiano
    Jacob Turner x2
    Steve Cishek
    Jack McKeon

I also "won" an 8x10 canvas of Marlins Park on Opening Day just for spinning the roulette, I almost landed on "Winner", and the girl was like: "You just missed the tshirt", I was like: "are you kidding me?!. I got it signed by Ruggiano, McKeon, Hatcher, Cishek, and Turner, and plan to add more sigs to it.

At Marlins Fan Fest this past Saturday, all on cards, and most on my Marlins Park canvas too:

Mike Redmond
    Kyle Skipwoth
    Jeff Conine
    Greg Dobbs
    Zack Cox
    Andre Dawson
    Juan Pierre
    Marcell Ozuna
    Kyle Jensen
    Alfredo Silverio
    Jacob Turner
    Nathan Eovaldi
    Henderon Alvarez
    Brad Hand
    Tom Koehler
    AJ Ramos
    Ryan Webb
    Michael Dunn
    Edgar Olmos
    Rob Leary
    Donovan Solano
    Dan Jennings
    Joe Espada
    Jose Ceda

University of Miami alumni game, Saturday afternoon, all on cards:

Jon Jay
    Yonder Alonso
    Gus Gandarillas
    Dennis Raben
    Erick San Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by J.P View Post
    At Marlins Fan Fest this past Saturday, all on cards, and most on my Marlins Park canvas too:

Mike Redmond
    Kyle Skipwoth
    Jeff Conine
    Greg Dobbs
    Zack Cox
    Andre Dawson
    Juan Pierre
    Marcell Ozuna
    Kyle Jensen
    Alfredo Silverio
    Jacob Turner
    Nathan Eovaldi
    Henderon Alvarez
    Brad Hand
    Tom Koehler
    AJ Ramos
    Ryan Webb
    Michael Dunn
    Edgar Olmos
    Rob Leary
    Donovan Solano
    Dan Jennings
    Joe Espada
    Jose Ceda
    I went in as my friend's guest on their VIP season tickets holder event, which was supossed to have a special autographs session. But of course, being the Marlins, they managed to screw this up too. After free breakfast, they had a question/answer session with the entire coaching staff, afterwards they separated us into two groups for two different autograph sessions, but you could only attend one, (of course, Tino Martinez didn't go to my side ) , we had Redmond, Pierre, Hechavarria, Skipworth, Jennings, Espada, and Leary. Right after we get out, we start heading to the open to the public sessions, and realize that their first set of autographs sessions was almost over, who was signing there? Andre Dawson, Tony Perez, and Jeff Conine. So for the few season tickets holders that they have left, the "VIP" event, they sent two minor leaguers, two players on the active roster, the manager and two coaches, and for the general public they had two HOFers and Mr. Marlins- genius

Blog Entries
    Last night I attended the Mercer University First Pitch Classic in Macon. The special guest speaker was Dale Murphy (in previous years they've had Chipper Jones and John Smoltz). He is simply a nice guy. Prior to the dinner he had an autograph session. It was supposed to last one hour (like it did with Jones and Smoltz). However he was yakking it up so much that he went over by more than thirty minutes. His speech was fun too; telling stories about his early struggles, Bobby Cox and some of his team mates before taking a few questions from the crowd. The funniest moment was when a kid (about twelve or thirteen) asked if he thought he could still hit homeruns like he used to. He coyly said, "Yes." I was able to get a few words in by helping him remind the crowd him that Cox had come from the Yankees organization prior to being hired by Ted Turner to manage the Braves in '78 and that it was Joey Devine who gave up a grand slam in his first Major League appearance.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

At the MLB Alumni table @ Rays fan fest today.

All but one are 8 x 10 card blowups

Craig Anderson: Topps '63. Blue Sharpie with "Original Met" inscribed.
    Jim Archer: Topps '61. Blue Sharpie
    Greg Blosser: Pinnacle '94. Blue Sharpie
    Jose Cardenal: Topps '72. Black Sharpie
    Lance Carter: Topps Total '04. Blue rollerball
    Mike Devereaux: Donruss Triple Play '94. Blue Sharpie
    Mike DiFelice: Score '98. Black Sharpie
    Denny Doyle: Topps '76. Blue Sharpie
    Josh Fogg: Fleer Platinum Parallel '01. Blue Sharpie
    Rich Folkers: Coke Special Products '77. Black Sharpie
    Ken Frailing: Topps Rookie '74, Blue rollerball
    John Frascatore: Pacific Online '98. Black Sharpie; scripture reference
    Wayne Garrett: Topps Super Teams Refractor '00. Black Sharpie
    Toby Hall: Upper Deck Gold '06. Blue Sharpie
    Bill Hepler: Topps '63 design. Blue Sharpie
    Roberto Hernandez: Fleer Flair '93. Blue Sharpie
    Tom Hume: Topps/Coca-Cola '81 Blue Sharpie
    Eric Knott: Best '97. Blue Sharpie
    Darold Knowles: Topps '71. Black Sharpie
    Ron LeFlore: Topps '81. Blue rollerball
    Andy McGaffigan: Topps '85. Black Sharpie, scripture reference
    Omar Moreno: Donruss '82. Black Sharpie.
    Bill Nahorodny: Fleer 81. Blue Sharpie
    Tom Niedenfuer: Topps '87. Blue Sharpie
    Jim Perry: Topps '65. Blue sharpie. Inscribed "1970 Cy Young"
    Gary Peters: Topps '69. Blue Sharpie
    Travis Phelps: Fleer '02. Blue Sharpie
    Brian Reith: Reds action shot. Blue Sharpie
    Bryan Rekar: Topps Gold '02. Black Sharpie
    Jason Romano: Bowman;s Best '01. Blue Sharpie
    Richie Scheinblum: Topps Rookie '68. Black Sharpie
    Bob Stinson: Topps Rookie '72
    Brian Stokes: Topps '09. Blue Sharpie
    Anthony Telford: Fleer '92. Blue rollerball. Scripture reference
    Doug Waechter: Topps Gold '04. Blue Sharpie
    Mark Whiten: O-Pee-Chee Premier '92. Blue Sharpie
    Jimy Williams: Topps Rookie '66. Blue Sharpie

Not a bad haul...
    Last edited by SDL; 02-17-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: correction on card brand
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Wow...I wish that I had seen that McGaffigan and Hume were there. I would have driven the 12 hours to get them! Great haul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icee82 View Post
    Wow...I wish that I had seen that McGaffigan and Hume were there. I would have driven the 12 hours to get them! Great haul!!!
    Also there were two late additions...Dick Drago and Glenn Beckert. I didn't have any thing for them to sign

Orestes Destrade was a no-show due to a family emergency. Both Dr. Steve Korcheck and Brain Tollberg were also no-shows.
    Man, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    At the MLB Alumni table @ Rays fan fest today.

All but one are 8 x 10 card blowups

Craig Anderson: Topps '63. Blue Sharpie with "Original Met" inscribed.
    Jim Archer: Topps '61. Blue Sharpie
    Greg Blosser: Pinnacle '94. Blue Sharpie
    Jose Cardenal: Topps '72. Black Sharpie
    Lance Carter: Topps Total '04. Blue rollerball
    Mike Devereaux: Donruss Triple Play '94. Blue Sharpie
    Mike DiFelice: Score '98. Black Sharpie
    Denny Doyle: Topps '76. Blue Sharpie
    Josh Fogg: Fleer Platinum Parallel '01. Blue Sharpie
    Rich Folkers: Coke Special Products '77. Black Sharpie
    Ken Frailing: Topps Rookie '74, Blue rollerball
    John Frascatore: Pacific Online '98. Black Sharpie; scripture reference
    Wayne Garrett: Topps Super Teams Refractor '00. Black Sharpie
    Toby Hall: Upper Deck Gold '06. Blue Sharpie
    Bill Hepler: Topps '63 design. Blue Sharpie
    Roberto Hernandez: Fleer Flair '93. Blue Sharpie
    Tom Hume: Topps/Coca-Cola '81 Blue Sharpie
    Eric Knott: Best '97. Blue Sharpie
    Darold Knowles: Topps '71. Black Sharpie
    Ron LeFlore: Topps '81. Blue rollerball
    Andy McGaffigan: Topps '85. Black Sharpie, scripture reference
    Omar Moreno: Donruss '82. Black Sharpie.
    Bill Nahorodny: Fleer 81. Blue Sharpie
    Tom Niedenfuer: Topps '87. Blue Sharpie
    Jim Perry: Topps '65. Blue sharpie. Inscribed "1970 Cy Young"
    Gary Peters: Topps '69. Blue Sharpie
    Travis Phelps: Fleer '02. Blue Sharpie
    Brian Reith: Reds action shot. Blue Sharpie
    Bryan Rekar: Topps Gold '02. Black Sharpie
    Jason Romano: Bowman;s Best '01. Blue Sharpie
    Richie Scheinblum: Topps Rookie '68. Black Sharpie
    Bob Stinson: Topps Rookie '72
    Brian Stokes: Topps '09. Blue Sharpie
    Anthony Telford: Fleer '92. Blue rollerball. Scripture reference
    Doug Waechter: Topps Gold '04. Blue Sharpie
    Mark Whiten: O-Pee-Chee Premier '92. Blue Sharpie
    Jimy Williams: Topps Rookie '66. Blue Sharpie

Not a bad haul...
    Wow, not bad indeed. I wish the Marlins would take a page out of the Rays' book...........by the way, do they announce ahead of time who is going to be there?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast