Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2013 IP Success Thread

And one more
    Monday August 12, 2013
    Philadelphia phillies at Atlanta Braves
    Turner Field
    Outside before the game:
    Don Sutton (2/2) 8X10's for some 50/50's. I have messaged you if I gotcha.
    Batting Practice:
    Evan Gattis- (1/1) Game Used ROMLB. Available for trade
    Jimmy Rollins ( 1/1) 8X11- Looks sick
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?
    fbid=482464485182685&set=a.413571165405351.1073741 828.413516218744179&type=1&theater
    Rollins seems to like signing for Sam inside, but he has told us he will not sign outside. "only between the lines"
    Carlos Ruiz (2/2)- 2012 tOPPS, 2009 TOPPS
    Charlie Manuel ( 2/0)- 2009 Heritage Team and individual card. got 4 signed for a friend and he gave two back to Sam as a thanks you.

Wednesday August 14, 2013
    Phillies at Atlanta Braves
    Turner field

SHUT OUT!!! First time in two seasons of serious chasing and three years of casual chasing before that
    lots of rain, left before first pitch, almost got cliff Lee, but Nooooooo........
    Now interested in Bobbleheads and Autographs. Sam's Twitter is The_MLBeast
    Ken

ANd the last Marlins series before this one:
    Friday Aug 9, 2013
    Batting Practice
    Jake Marisnick (1/1) 8X11 with...
    Christian Yelich ( 1/1, 1/1, 1/1) Yelich signed the one with Marisnick for Sam then one for me,he signed again later in a different spot for Sam on another 8X11
    Nate Eovaldi (1/1, 1/1) 2012 Topps Update, 8X11
    Ed Lucas (1/1) 2011 Gwinnett Braves card
    Henderson Alvarez (1/1)- 2013 Topps
    AJ Ramos (1/1) 2013 Bowman
    Ryan Webb- (1/1) 2012 Topps
    Chad Qualls (2/2) 2009, 2012 Topps
    Tom Koehler (1/1) 2013 Heritage
    Mike Dunn (2/2) 2009 Gwinnett Braves X2
    Placido Polanco (1/1) 2010 Topps

Game was about to start and Fernandez walked over to Sam and started tosign but soeone stopped him as it was really close to first pitch and he would get fined. He said he was really sorry and made a truly sad face. I acyually believed him especially after what happened on Sunday

Sunday August 11, 2013
    Florida Marlins v Atlanta Braves
    Turner Field

Outside pre game Braves side:
    Fredi Gonzalez (1/1) 2011 opening Day Game day program from Fredi's first game as the Braves Manager, we dont get many of these but its a nice one.
    Luis Avilan (1/1)- Team Ball
    Alex Wood ( 1/1)- Team Ball
    David Carpenter (1/1) -'12 Topps
    Don Sutton ( 1/1, 1/1)- Card, 8X10

Inside Braves Alumni Sunday-
    Sid Bream (1/1) 2012 Sid Slid Bobblehead- (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

CJ Nitkowski (1/0) give away sticker, He was not on the schedule I saw so I didn't have his cards
    Tony Brizzolara (1/0) give away sticker I did nothave a card for him

Batting practice Marlins side:
    Jose Fernadez (1/1)- 8x11 He likes to sign if there is not a lot of people around. I think He felt bad for missing Sam on Friday (update to be posted later) so he came right over and signed after his throw session
    Jacob Turner (1/1) 8X11 again after throw session

Braves Side-
    Julio Tehran ( 3/3) 2012 Topps Braves Set, 2011 Gwinnett Braves set, 2010 G Braves, all signed J. Teheran
    Also seen signing but we didnt need;
    Anthony varvaro
    David carpenter
    Luis Avilan

It was crazy hot and one of our books got wet so we bailed before first pitch. Might have missed something else...
    Ken

Sunday Sept. 1, 2013
    Miami Marlins at Braves
    Turner Field

Pregame
    Atlanta Braves side:
    Team Ball

Elliot Johnson
    Joey Terdosovich

We were waiting for Don Sutton to finish a few 50/50's and the rains came. Damn. No Sutton, No batting practice so no Andre Dawson. Oh well.

While waiting for the rain to end and the game to start Sam got Kris Medlen on the Braves team ball he is building. Medlen was doing a throw session between the rain drops.

Koy Hill signed a topps card on the Marlins side ('10 Topps)

Then in the 2nd inning they showed Former Heavyweight Champion Evander Holyfield on the big screen in the crowd. Sam went on a mission, found him, got a picture with and had him sweet spot a ball. Said he was Awesome and in a great mood. I had met him before and he was not in a great way so I was glad to hear that Sam liked meeting him.

Post Game outside
    They was a post game concert with Big and Rich and Sam went to the players lot as the game was a short one. He got:
    Craig Kimbrel (1/1, 1/1) 8X11 with 2012 All Stars Chipper Jones, Michael Bourn and Wade Miley, only needs Miley on it now and the other picture is of him pitching off the mound.
    Jose Constanza (1/1) Team ball.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Samsdad View Post
    Friday August 30, 2013
    Marlins at Atlanta Braves

Braves:
    Jordan Schaffer (1/2)- Gwinnett series fom 2010
    Chris Johnson on a team ball we are building
    Evan Gattis would not sign, he probably knew he was getting sent down

Marlins: Things started off great when we saw Andre 'the Hawk " Dawson was here. We have always heardhe comes up one series a year as he is a consultant fo the Marlins. But we never saw him before. We got a sweet spot a piece and I was very excited which I don't get very often.
    Team Ball:
    Donovan Solano
    Dan Jennings
    Jake Marisneck
    Jeff Mathis
    Jacob Turner

Christian Yelich (1/1)- ROMLB GU sweet spot. looks ok

Placido Polanco ( 2/4)- '12 Heritage and '11 Topps
    Giancarlo Stanton (1/1)- Side paneled a GU ROMLB that we tossed to him over the dugout. Oh well.Trade available
    Justin Ruggiano (1/1)- 8x11 wth BJ Upton from Tampa Bay. Good Luck to us to getting that done
    Mike Dunn (2/2) 2010 Gwinnett Cards
    Jacob Turner (1/1) 2012 Topps
    I have seen Hawk in a few occasions, he just flat out ignores us, he doesn't wave, doesn't even look up, keeps walking like if you are talking to a concrete wall. I was finally able to get him at this year's fan fest, when he was at a signing booth for about half an hour, I put two cards on my clipboard, and he only signed one. Yet, from what you are saying, he was a very pleasant signer on the road??? Go figure.
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Quote Originally Posted by J.P View Post
    I have seen Hawk in a few occasions, he just flat out ignores us, he doesn't wave, doesn't even look up, keeps walking like if you are talking to a concrete wall. I was finally able to get him at this year's fan fest, when he was at a signing booth for about half an hour, I put two cards on my clipboard, and he only signed one. Yet, from what you are saying, he was a very pleasant signer on the road??? Go figure.
    He was great, I was very surprised. It was Sam that called him over on Friday and he is a kid so that helps, but Saturday two older guys called him over for a picture and he obliged. Then signed and joked around with a kid that is about 8. He only came over once each day and when called he signaled each time that he would come over in a bit. Each time he came when there was a break in bp. So it was appropriate. We enjoyed meeting him and it has been one of the year's highlights.
    Ken

Monday Sept 2, 2013
    NY Mets at Atlanta Braves
    Turner Field

Rain pregame again. No Sutton, oh well.

Inside, rain stopped, no one there, no batting practice. Braves pitchers are throwing over he goes.

Kris Medlen (1/1)- 8X11 calls Sam out in a funny manner saying, 'Man,you sUre like to graph" . We have a close mutual friend so it was all in jest.
    Anthony Varvaro- (1/1) - 2012 Gwinnett Braves Card really nice signature with every letter looking clean. He scribbled someone else's team ball. It is a nice graph.
    Scott Downs (4/4)- Banged out every card we had. '12 Topps, '10 UD, '10 Topps and '13 Topps. First time getting him. He was nice

On our 2nd Team ball of the year:
    Alex Wood
    Luis Avilan
    Kameron Loe

Mets side:
    Dillon Gee- '12 Topps

Zach Wheeler told people he wasn't signing while talking to a friend along the sideline ( as he is from the area and had friends here).
    He also told them that Matt Harvey was not on this trip.

Went home after first pitch, but went back to post game as the weather was nice:
    Only got one but...
    Craig kimbrel (1/1)- Gwinnett Braves 2013 Bobblehead. nice sig on the hat brim. He is one of the nicest sogners on the team

Saw signing but missed or had nothing for :
    Andrellton Simmons
    Kameron Loe

This turns out to be our last game of the homestand as we did not go tonight and tomorrow's game is at 12:10.

Really great homestand for Sam
    Ken

Monday Sept 23 2013
    Milwaukee Brewers at Braves
    Turner Field

All inside:

Norichika Aoki (1/2) 2012 Topps Rookie
    Aramis Ramierez (1/7) 2009 Topps
    Jonathan Lucroy (1/2) 2012 Topps
    Carlos Gomez (5/5) 2009 UD 1st edition, 2009 2010 2011 2012 Topps
    Juan Francisco ( 3/3) 2010 International League set, 2010 Topps Rookie, 2012 Topps. This was a nice surprise as he never signed for us as a Brave
    Dale Murphy (2/4) '87 Donruss. '90 Donruss
    Fredi Gonzalez (1/1) 2012 Topps Team Card

All in all a good day especially with the Gomez, but we really wanted Segura.

Wedensday Sept 25, 2013
    Milwaukee Brewers at Atlanta
    Turner Field

Rain all day led us to figure batting practice wouldn't happen but Jason Heyward had tweeted last night that he would sign during bp today so Sam really wanted to get there in time. I got stuck a work and our friend in crime couldn't go, so Sam hoofed it over by foot and got there late. But it was ok as the Braves did not have bp and Jason Heyward didn't sign.

So Sam went and got..

Aoki ( 1/1) 2013 Topps
    Younesky Betancourt (1/5)2013 Topps Brewer card

And then: Jean Segura (1/1) 2013 All Star ball. A big score and our goal was met , but then the night got better. I was driving over to the stadium from work to get Sam and I was listening to the pregame which I rarely do. They mentioned that Billy Wagner was on his way over to the booth and I texted Sam to let him know that Wagner was there. Score!!!!!
    Billy Wagner (2/2): ROMLB Sweet spot 422 Saves Inscription, ROMLB Sweet spot no inscription. Billy has a book out and is doing some book signing here for a few days, but this was much easier. His signature is amazing.

So as we wind down the regular season, this was a nice series for a team that has lost most of its luster and some crappy weather. We plan on hitting 2 or 3 of the last four Phillies games coming up.
    Ken

Blog Entries
    Another season in the books. Well at least until the Dodgers finish off the Braves this week.

It was a poor season for A2 and me. Busy schedules and the long distance led us to only two games this year. TWO stinkin' games! At least one of them was Chipper's big day (v. D-Backs).

God willing though; next year my family and I will be moving to the ATL area and will be close enough to be at least semi-regulars.

I look forward to starting over in 2014.

P.S. - If the Braves make it to the World Series, a third visit to the Ted will be in order.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Thursday Oct 4, 2013
    LA Dodgers at Atlanta Braves
    NLDS Game 1

Sam got outside pregame and really got very little. He was aiming for Cal Ripken Jr and whatever else came his way. Dodgers mostly took the bus so there was nothing going on there as the bus drives too far in to graph.

He went to the Media side and waited for Cal....Up walks Tommy Lasorda. He commented on how polite Atlanta fans were after Sam asked "Mr Lasorda, would you please sign?" In California they shove balls in his face and yell Sign Sign he said. Always nice to hear that your son is being perceived as being polite.

Tommy Lasorda ( 1/1) ROMLB sweet spot

Inside: No Dodgers are signing, which is odd as they are usually very nice here. Perhaps it is first game of the playoffs jitters. Sam is with a bunch of people trying to get Puig. Not sure he is worth the effort as MAGIC JOHNSON is there too. Hellooo!!!

After doing a string of tv interviews, Magic goes int eh stands and signs away, two friends of Sam's get him on Sweet Spots and Sam is not moving. I finally ask him why isn't he trying for Magic, and he kinda shrugs and heads over to his section. Luckily the security guard that is in charge of the area likes Sam because Sam is polite and doesn't cause problems. The guard helps Sam get Magic's attention and he welcomes Sam over.
    Magic Johnson (1/1)- SI cover reprint with Matt Kemp. Guess who we are trying for today to finish this out.

We have a report from the Phillies we will post over the weekend, and if the season goes as last night goes I guess we will have our baseball top ten list next week.
    Ken

RedsFest haulage.

I had all of the "big names" on multiple items so I concentrated on some of the other players. The only person that I had on my list that I did not get to was Manny Parra. Here is the list.

Pedro Beato 1/1
    Todd Benzinger 1/1 (this was a clean up as I got him several years ago but he "side paneled" my ball. Got the sweet spot this time)
    Jeff Brantlley 1/1
    Marty Brennaman 1/1 (signed a multi signed 20 X 30 canvas print)
    Thom Brennaman 1/1
    Tom Browning 2/2 (signed a multi signed 8 X 10 canvas print from his perfect game...could have gotten him on 100 items if I had that many LOL)
    Nick Christiani 1/1
    Eric Davis 1/1 (signed his book Born to Play:The Eric Davis Story)
    Mariano Duncan 1/1 (signed a multi signed 12 X 16 photograph)
    Phillip Ervin 1/1
    George Foster 1/1
    Danny Graves 1/1 (got him leaving the building LOL)
    Danny Jackson 1/1 (signed a multi signed mini-helmet)
    Walt Jocketty 1/1
    Ryan LaMarre 1/1
    Eddie Milner 1/1 (signed a multi signed 20 X 30 canvas print)
    Ron Oester 1/1 (signed a multi signed 8 X 10 canvas print from Browning's perfect game)
    Curtis Partch 1/1
    Bryan Price 1/1
    Joe Price 2/2 (signed a multi signed 20 X 30 canvas print)
    Skip Schumaker 1/1
    Mario Soto (signed a multi signed 20 X 30 canvas print)

Scans of my (and my son's) Redsfest signatures are posted on my blog.

Tom Browning, Danny Graves, Dmitri Young, Chris Welsh, Eddie Milner, Ted Power, Nick Christiani, Curits Partch, Phil Ervin, Dan Driessen, Jack Billingham, Jay Bruce. Was able to get three more 1984 Topps signed, now up to 16 of 33 Reds cards (including Traded).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345