Pee Wee Reese
    Gil Hodges
    Duke Snider
    Carl Furillo
    Roy Campanella???
    Billy Cox??
    Ralph Branca??
    Don Newcombe???
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• Nerdlinger
      Slippery when wet
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
      Pee Wee Reese
      Gil Hodges
      Duke Snider
      Carl Furillo
      Roy Campanella???
      Billy Cox??
      Ralph Branca??
      Don Newcombe???
      You got 3, including one of the two 6-timers.

Pee Wee Reese (6: Dodgers 1941, '47, '49, '52-53, '56)
      Carl Furillo (5: Dodgers 1947, '49, '52-53, '56)
      Gil Hodges (5: Dodgers 1947, '49, '52-53, '56)

Branca and Snider were good guesses -- each of them played on WS-winning teams in 5 seasons, but did not actually play in the WS in one of those seasons.

6 to go.
      Last edited by Nerdlinger; 01-04-2013, 07:17 PM.
      *** Submit your personal HOF as your ballot for the Single Ballot BBF Hall of Fame! *** Also: Buck the Fraves!

Comment

• Herr28
        A Midsummer Knight
        • Jan 2012

Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford lost 5 each while winning all those others.
        "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
          2005 World Series Champs
          • Jun 2010

Jackie Robinson would have to be another.
          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
            2005 World Series Champs
            • Jun 2010

Terry Pendleton lost two with the Cardinals and at least two with the Braves possibly a third.

Comment

• Nerdlinger
              Slippery when wet
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
              Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford lost 5 each while winning all those others.
              That they did. Two more down.

Whitey Ford (5: Yankees 1955, '57, '60, '63-64)
              Mickey Mantle (5: Yankees 1955, '57, '60, '63-64)

Jackie Robinson would have to be another.
              Terry Pendleton lost two with the Cardinals and at least two with the Braves possibly a third.
              Yup.

Terry Pendleton (5: Cardinals 1985, '87; Braves '91-92, '96)
              Jackie Robinson (5: Dodgers 1947, '49, '52-53, '56)

Only two players to go. One has 5 seasons, the other 6.
              *** Submit your personal HOF as your ballot for the Single Ballot BBF Hall of Fame! *** Also: Buck the Fraves!

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                2005 World Series Champs
                • Jun 2010

Fred Merkle....lost with three different teams. I did look up NY Giants and thats how I came across his name.

Comment

• Nerdlinger
                  Slippery when wet
                  • Nov 2008

Fred Merkle....lost with three different teams. I did look up NY Giants and thats how I came across his name.
                  That is correct.

Fred Merkle (5: Giants 1911-13; Robins '16; Cubs '18)

Poor Merkle.

Only one left....

Comment

• Gee Walker
                    Tigers '35, '45, '68, '84
                    • Apr 2006

Elston Howard was around for those five Yankee losses, plus one more as a member of the 1967 Red Sox.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
                      2005 World Series Champs
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Gee Walker View Post
                      Elston Howard was around for those five Yankee losses, plus one more as a member of the 1967 Red Sox.
                      Yep he's gotta be the last one. I didn't even think of him. I was thinking of guys from the 1910's or 20's.

Comment

• Nerdlinger
                        Slippery when wet
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Gee Walker View Post
                        You got it. He's the last one.

Elston Howard (6: Yankees 1955, '57, '60, '63-64; Red Sox '67)

Thanks for playing!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X