Thread: 2013 ZiPS projections

2013 ZiPS projections

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-chicago-cubs/

Cubs-Depth.png

Good things from Castro, Rizzo and top of the rotation. Gets a little thin after that.

that outfield may be the worst in baseball, and possibly the worst I have seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    that outfield may be the worst in baseball, and possibly the worst I have seen in a long time
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-co...ros-Depth1.png

Not sure if astros can count...true they are an mlb team, but what they are doing is confusing to me...maybe they are rebuilding their minors like the cubs, but trying to spend as little as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    Not sure if astros can count...true they are an mlb team, but what they are doing is confusing to me...maybe they are rebuilding their minors like the cubs, but trying to spend as little as possible
    This is most definitely it. After getting Luhnow from the Cardinals (St. Louis' former Vice President of Scouting and Player Development), they see the value in providing a deep system with which to work. Luhnow's drafts have helped the Cards' recent success as it seems every year a different player comes up thru the system and plays a major role. It'll take them a few years to compete, but they're heading in the right direction.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers