• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filihok
    Team Veteran
    • Nov 2012

2013 ZiPS projections

Dan Szymborski’s ZiPS projections, which have typically appeared in the pages of Baseball Think Factory, will be released at FanGraphs this year. Below are the projections for the Chicago Cubs.

Cubs-Depth.png

Good things from Castro, Rizzo and top of the rotation. Gets a little thin after that.
  • Cap78
    Not a Loveable Loser
    • Oct 2010

that outfield may be the worst in baseball, and possibly the worst I have seen in a long time

Comment

• filihok
      Team Veteran
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
      that outfield may be the worst in baseball, and possibly the worst I have seen in a long time

Comment

• Cap78
        Not a Loveable Loser
        • Oct 2010

Not sure if astros can count...true they are an mlb team, but what they are doing is confusing to me...maybe they are rebuilding their minors like the cubs, but trying to spend as little as possible

Comment

• Ben Grimm
          Semi-lucid User
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
          Not sure if astros can count...true they are an mlb team, but what they are doing is confusing to me...maybe they are rebuilding their minors like the cubs, but trying to spend as little as possible
          This is most definitely it. After getting Luhnow from the Cardinals (St. Louis' former Vice President of Scouting and Player Development), they see the value in providing a deep system with which to work. Luhnow's drafts have helped the Cards' recent success as it seems every year a different player comes up thru the system and plays a major role. It'll take them a few years to compete, but they're heading in the right direction.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X