Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1787

Thread: V-Neck Pullover Jersey & Sansabelt Pant Picture Thread!

Kings

Yuma, Arizona's Kofa Kings high school baseball team with incredible v-neck pullover jerseys! Tell me they're not the best dressed team in Arizona right now.

Mets

If David Wright is going to be "the face" of anything, he should at least look presentable and that means the use of a pullover jersey, even if it's made by crappy Majestic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kings

Earlier, I believe I made an endorsement of Adidas on becoming MLB's official uniform supplier as it just appears that Majestic is intent on destroying the game and change is necessary to save it at the big league level. While Adidas has made and continues to make some fine college baseball uniforms with pullover jerseys, Adidas is also responsible for the continued appearance of uniforms that pay homage to the tequila sunrise Astros and the Richard Launius 1982-86 White Sox. I am not a fan of those uniforms at all and there's just too many of them. Throw back those "throwbacks" please. Plus, Launius himself doesn't even receive any compensation for these teams using his design. I like what I've seen from Rawlings. From St. John's, Kent St., which I am concerned is the best jersey I've ever seen and of course the standard among college baseball, Stanford, Rawlings continues to do great things and I would like to see them take over from Majestic and become MLB's official uniform supplier. Pullover jerseys need to be the standard and Rawlings makes some good ones. They still have a presence in MLB with fielding gloves and bats and of course, the official ball and they have a history making MLB uniforms previously. They even do great high school uniforms like the Kofa Kings of Yuma, Arizona! That's how you pay homage to well dressed team, the Stanford Cardinal!
    BhaepCDCIAEcjt2.jpg
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 03-01-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Cardinals

Cool Papa Bell could only dream about wearing St. Louis Cardinals athletic wear, pullover jersey and sansabelt pants, the Ultimate Baseball Look, during the Golden Age of the Baseball Uniform! If people want to see more stolen bases, demand that teams don athletic wear again!

BhrAZQeIMAAAlL9.jpg

Mets

1987 New York Mets road pullover jersey. Unbelievably, the Mets wore that road jersey for just one season. Bring that look back, NOW!!!

_KGrHqZ_iYE_uKnoUPFBQJnjgjJ6_60_3.jpeg
    Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 03-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Pirates

Seton Hall Pirates "retro" pullover jerseys. I'm the biggest proponent of proper uniforms and pullover jerseys in the world and I rarely post anything I personally don't find appealing, but these jerseys just bore me. Meh. Very uninspired.

Astros

Seattle Mariners marketing guy Gregg Greene getting ready for the May 24 "Turn Back the Clock" game against the Astros! Say what you will but the Golden Age of the Baseball Uniform may not have been pretty at times, but it was fun! Pullover jerseys forever!

Mariners/Astros

Houston Astros at Seattle Mariners. No indication whether or not sansabelt pants will be worn.
    https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/442016892555784192

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Houston Astros at Seattle Mariners. No indication whether or not sansabelt pants will be worn.
    https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/442016892555784192
    I'm on the edge of my seat.
    *** Submit your personal HOF as your ballot for the Single Ballot BBF Hall of Fame! ***

Athletics

Bert Campaneris flings his bat wearing the Oakland Athletics' Ultimate Baseball Look during the 1972 ALCS! The Golden Age of the Baseball Uniform was an exciting time full of non-robots. I mentioned this the other day about the Astros/Mariners at Creamer's forum, that the only comment that could be comsidered critical I could find was my own. The people love pullover jerseys because they're fun and they simply look better than anything else. Deal with it.

Bert Campaneris flings his bat wearing the Oakland Athletics' Ultimate Baseball Look™ during the 1972 ALCS! The Golden Age of the Baseball Uniform™ was an exciting time full of non-robots. I mentioned this the other day about the Astros/Mariners at Creamer's forum, that the only comment that could be comsidered critical I could find was my own. The people love pullover jerseys because they're fun and they simply look better than anything else. Deal with it.
    As opposed to all the robots we've got playing today?

2020 super baseball2.gif
    *** Submit your personal HOF as your ballot for the Single Ballot BBF Hall of Fame! ***

Mets, Tigers, Cardinals, Yankees, Reds

Remember the time when spring training games were played by teams wearing great looking BP jerseys? Demand to the suits that you want to see that again! Mitchell and Ness with some great looking BP pullover jerseys! Mesh, so much better than anything called "cool base".

image.jpeg

White Sox

Mitchell and Ness 1974 Ron Santo Chicago White Sox BP v-neck pullover jersey! As noted earlier, the White Sox were the first team in the majors to wear batting practice jerseys!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdlinger View Post
    As opposed to all the robots we've got playing today?

2020 super baseball2.gif
    Ha! That is such a neat little baseball game.

Mariners

I saw this on ebay, Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle Mariners 1981-84 road v-neck pullover jersey. Oh, what might have been. They also have similar jerseys for Felix, Ichiro, Jay Buhner and even Robinson Cano.

0.jpeg

Pirates

Dock Ellis would have been 69 today. He was a member of the first baseball team to wear a proper uniform, real athletic wear.

Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 03-11-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Astros/Braves

Jimmy Wynn and Hank Aaron in the Astrodome. Very strange, according to the "Dressed to the Nines" site, it looks like the Astros' uniforms from 1972-74 had zipper front jerseys and sansabelt pants.

Jimmy Wynn and Hank Aaron in the Astrodome. Very strange, according to the "Dressed to the Nines" site, it looks like the Astros' uniforms from 1972-74 had zipper front jerseys and sansabelt pants.
    Zippers and buttons on pants OK, buttons on shirt not OK, what about zipper on shirt? Athletic wear or not? Does the system break down and collapse in upon itself at this point?

Mets/Braves

Darryl Strawberry and Dale Murphy share a birthday and achievements wearing pullover jerseys!

Pitch Clock Now! Pitch Clock Now! Pitch Clock Now!

Pirates

1989 Pittsburgh Pirates sports brat hat pin depicted in the greatest Pittsburgh Pirates uniform! Pullover jersey with sansabelt pants with that striped waistband! That is the way a baseball uniform looks like!

613765400_tp.jpg

Big Blues

Concept by Kevin Graber of the Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts. It resembles the Ultimate Baseball Look! Always refreshing to see the dynamic combo of a pullover jersey and sansabelt baseball pants! A lot of potential there. Let's hope this concept becomes a reality and sees the light of day. Afterall, it's about the kids and growing the game!

Hokies

New "Orioles" throwback pullover jersey for the Virginia Tech Hokies baseball team. Looking at this convinces me that Rawlings > Nike.

Cardinal

Former big league pitcher Paul Quantrill's son Cal pitches at Stanford, wearing the legendary v-neck pullover jersey of the Cardinal!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom dreamer View Post
    dock ellis would have been 69 today. He was a member of the first baseball team to wear a proper uniform, real athletic wear.

Lysergic acid diethylamide...
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    Lysergic acid diethylamide...
    Surprisingly, an apparent performance-enhancing drug.

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast