Thread: Giants trophy tour 2012 wrap-up

Giants trophy tour 2012 wrap-up

Should read 2012-2013 wrap-up. Nice article in the NY Post last week. Our group was fortunate enough to be invited and attend.-G

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...v4bQ8YZ4caRdXK
    Last edited by GIANTSGURU; 01-26-2013 at 03:53 AM.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSGURU View Post
    Should read 2012-2013 wrap-up. Nice article in the NY Post last week. Our group was fortunate enough to be invited and attend.-G

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...v4bQ8YZ4caRdXK
    My wife and I were there too. Took pictures, and talked to the owners. Will post them some time.....haven't been on the site for a while.
    Last edited by mandrake; 02-26-2013 at 03:58 PM.

The World Series Trophy comes back to Manhattan !

Here....

Last edited by mandrake; 02-26-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Here are some pictures from when the (nee) NEW YORK GIANTS baseball team brought their second World Series Trophy in 3 years back to Manhattan. Once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker. Some people had to wait over 5 hours to get a photo ! Former CEO/Owner Pete McGowan came over and actually thanked my wife and I for coming ! (Also, I think 'the big hurt' Frank Thomas was there, even though I equate him as a Chisox. If it was him, he is one huge dude to say the least.) Buster Posey did not come by while I was there; we were told he was at the Yogi Berra Museum that afternoon

It was mentioned frequently that day that the Giants had now won as many WS trophies the past 3 seasons as the Mets have won over the past 51 seasons.

right after this picture, 2 NYPD ran over from their car and took pictures with it. A female officer said she was a NYY fan but never saw the trophy; the other cop said he was a Met fan and will never see the trophy period.

They let me try a WS ring. It was actually a 2010 model since the GIANTS did not give the 2012 rings out yet.

This was before the WS trophy was set up for picture taking. My wife and I were allowed to hold it and raise it up, but we were caught by surprise and did not have the camera ready, so we had to settle for this:

wish we had turned a bit so the "NY's" on the jackets would have shown up. There were a lot of NY Giants jackets and hats mixed with SF.
    Last edited by mandrake; 02-27-2013 at 08:01 AM.