Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: breaking news - players linked to miami clinic giving ped

The bloody sock is way overratted.
    I'm sure in the history of the game other players have performed stitched up, taped up, on a bad leg or legs and other injuries..
    The fact that we saw some red stuff added some drama to the deal.
    It was the injury that was his problem. Imagine had he pitched with that injury and there was no blood..................
    He did perform well considering the injury, the blood made the story bigger and better, more impressive........to some.
    Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 02-09-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Dried blood would have turned brownish after the 6th inning. It wouldn't stay red that long.
    Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Dried blood would have turned brownish after the 6th inning. It wouldn't stay red that long.
    Thats a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    I'd correct that to only the careless will fail a test. These players named with this clinic were pretty careful.
    Hmmm. They're hands were caught in the cookie jar, so to speak. Just wait till a Cabrera, Kemp, Hamilton or Pujols caliber type gets caught - all hell will break loose.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Is this a reply to my post #2000.
    If it is, I didn't say the bleeding stopped, probably there the whole game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    Hmmm. They're hands were caught in the cookie jar, so to speak. Just wait till a Cabrera, Kemp, Hamilton or Pujols caliber type gets caught - all hell will break loose.
    Whats worse? Knowing everything or being ignorant of whats going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    Yeah, that would be huge. However, if Jeter is ever named, baseball would be completely devastated.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Yeah, that would be huge. However, if Jeter is ever named, baseball would be completely devastated.
    I don't think there's much hyperbole there. Regardless of overall perception, Jeter is the one guy MLB has promoted as a superstar the last decade and a half plus who hasn't come off as jerky, has won, has put up good numbers and doesn't appear to have been using. Many still think only power hitters use, so guys like Pujols are more likely to be suspected by some. If Jeter has used, it would be the biggest blow to the trust of the non-diehard fan.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin JEDI

However, if Jeter is ever named, baseball would be completely devastated.
    And, if your family was smart, they'd take away your belts and shoelaces.

ShoelessJoe3 -- No, my post wasn't in response to yours. It was totally random. If you're right and the bloody sock was being replenished with fresh blood throughout the whole game, then I'm dead wrong. My bad.

No way Jeter ever used. The press has been all over him, and someone would've jumped on that story immediately. But if he did, that would be as much of a blow to baseball as the Black Sox.
    Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    I don't know if you meant to imply this, but it sounds like the unworst position would be knowing something and an open field to speculate about everything else.
    Indeed the first step toward finding out is to acknowledge you do not satisfactorily know already; so that no blight can so surely arrest all intellectual growth as the blight of cocksureness.--CS Peirce

As a fan, ignorance was bliss. Now we get so much information, whether true, false or simply rumored that we speculate players differently than we did only 20 years ago. I loved it when I "believed" all players made basically the same money and simply played the game because they loved it. It's so much different now.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
    Is this a reply to my post #2000.
    If it is, I didn't say the bleeding stopped, probably there the whole game.
    Then the spot would have gotten bigger

No way Jeter ever used. The press has been all over him, and someone would've jumped on that story immediately. But if he did, that would be as much of a blow to baseball as the Black Sox.
    For once I actually agree with Pete Rose! We both beg to differ... If a colossal superstar is caught, and baseball institutes a lifetime ban for future users after a single instance of use (just like gambling on the game earns you), complete with enormous signs in every clubhouse indicating as such, your statement would be valid.

Not even Jeter is as big as the Black Sox. Not even close.
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Bill James is both.

ShoelessJoe3 -- No, my post wasn't in response to yours. It was totally random. If you're right and the bloody sock was being replenished with fresh blood throughout the whole game, then I'm dead wrong. My bad.

OK, just wondering since it followed my post.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Then the spot would have gotten bigger
    OK, got it..

There is only one way to look at this situation and some other similar situations, since the spotlight with PED use has been on the game so much in recent years.
    You would have to be dumb to be associated with some labs suspect suppliers, any individuals who is even suspected of supplying or knews a supplier. Your going to lose in the public eye, even with no proof.

There is only one way to look at this situation and some other similar situations, since the spotlight with PED use has been on the game so much in recent years.
    You would have to be dumb to be associated with some labs suspect suppliers, any individuals who is even suspected of supplying or knews a supplier. Your going to lose in the public eye, even with no proof.
    As long as the risk is less than the reward, nothing surprises me.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    As a fan, ignorance was bliss. Now we get so much information, whether true, false or simply rumored that we speculate players differently than we did only 20 years ago. I loved it when I "believed" all players made basically the same money and simply played the game because they loved it. It's so much different now.
    Ah yes, the joys of being a naive kid

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    Bill James is both.
    I like some of Bill's work over the years but do have a problem.
    His comments in Slate Magazine a few years ago.That Babe Ruth got caught using a corked bat and he probably continued to used corked bats for much of his career. Never happened
    I know it's false and Bill knows it's BS, that could be why a few attempts to have Bill get back to me have failed. Bill has no case. Still waiting Bill.

Maybe he thinks......I'm Bill James, if I make a statement you must acccept it a s fact.

Don't question Bill or get on his bad side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like some of Bill's work over the years but do have a problem.
    His comments in Slate Magazine a few years ago.That Babe Ruth got caught using a corked bat and he probably continued to used corked bats for much of his career. Never happened
    I know it's false and Bill knows it's BS, that could be why a few attempts to have Bill get back to me have failed. Bill has no case. Still waiting Bill.

Maybe he thinks......I'm Bill James, if I make a statement you must acccept it a s fact.

Don't question Bill or get on his bad side.
    That is true. I was speaking more to the PED situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    That is true. I was speaking more to the PED situation.
    OK, now I get the message.

Blog Entries
    The bloody sock is way overratted.
    I'm sure in the history of the game other players have performed stitched up, taped up, on a bad leg or legs and other injuries..
    The fact that we saw some red stuff added some drama to the deal.
    It was the injury that was his problem. Imagine had he pitched with that injury and there was no blood..................
    He did perform well considering the injury, the blood made the story bigger and better, more impressive........to some.
    Do you think that Schilling could have pitched at all without medication?

"Whither Derek Jeter" @ http://stevegallanter.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Gallanter View Post
    Do you think that Schilling could have pitched at all without medication?

"Whither Derek Jeter" @ http://stevegallanter.wordpress.com
    Can't answer that. Do you know what the medication used was.
    Am I correct, I think you may believe the medication may have been a pain killer, something on the banned list in baseball.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast