Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: breaking news - players linked to miami clinic giving ped

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    Bill James is both.
    I like some of Bill's work over the years but do have a problem.
    His comments in Slate Magazine a few years ago.That Babe Ruth got caught using a corked bat and he probably continued to used corked bats for much of his career. Never happened
    I know it's false and Bill knows it's BS, that could be why a few attempts to have Bill get back to me have failed. Bill has no case. Still waiting Bill.

Maybe he thinks......I'm Bill James, if I make a statement you must acccept it a s fact.

Don't question Bill or get on his bad side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
    His comments in Slate Magazine a few years ago.That Babe Ruth got caught using a corked bat and he probably continued to used corked bats for much of his career. Never happened
    I know it's false and Bill knows it's BS, that could be why a few attempts to have Bill get back to me have failed. Bill has no case. Still waiting Bill.

Maybe he thinks......I'm Bill James, if I make a statement you must acccept it a s fact.

That is true. I was speaking more to the PED situation.
    "I go all out. And I'm going to bring that to the table every day, in good times and bad times." - Eric Byrnes

"...far too many people want to retroactively apply today's standards to yesterday's players, as if they played the game under the same assumptions and just heedlessly and obdurately plowed on in their own groove." - Los Bravos

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    That is true. I was speaking more to the PED situation.
    OK, now I get the message.

Blog Entries
    The bloody sock is way overratted.
    I'm sure in the history of the game other players have performed stitched up, taped up, on a bad leg or legs and other injuries..
    The fact that we saw some red stuff added some drama to the deal.
    It was the injury that was his problem. Imagine had he pitched with that injury and there was no blood..................
    He did perform well considering the injury, the blood made the story bigger and better, more impressive........to some.
    Do you think that Schilling could have pitched at all without medication?

"Whither Derek Jeter" @ http://stevegallanter.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Gallanter View Post
    Do you think that Schilling could have pitched at all without medication?

"Whither Derek Jeter" @ http://stevegallanter.wordpress.com
    Can't answer that. Do you know what the medication used was.
    Am I correct, I think you may believe the medication may have been a pain killer, something on the banned list in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    As long as the risk is less than the reward, nothing surprises me.
    Sure does look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Thanks for the chuckle, much appreciated this morning.
    What's the rumpus?

MLB is suggesting A-Rod bought Biogenesis documents, with the purpose of a) destroying evidence that he doped, and/or b) getting dirt on other players, to deflect attention from himself. A-Rod's agents, of course, are denying all this. Pretty heavy stuff.

Investigators for Major League Baseball have uncovered what they believe is evidence that a representative of Alex Rodriguez purchased medical records from a person connected to a South Florida anti-aging clinic that is suspected of providing performance-enhancing drugs to a number of major leaguers, according to two people briefed on the matter.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...9996--mlb.html

If that is true, there has to be a way for the Yankees to get rid of this anchor..... MLB wouldn't allow a player to behave like that and still be allowed to play right?

A Yankee fan can hope right?

But I thought A-Rod was deeply sorry about taking PEDs and that he was never, ever going to use them ever again because he didn't really "need" them anyway? I wonder why he lied? Hmmmmm.....

Blog Entries
    And this is why he is not well liked

A Yankee fan would have to be insane to like A-Rod over Jeter. Thank God he didn't move for this fraud.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Arod is a serial juicer (since high school), a serial liar, and now tries to destroy evidence

I see no one else who has been more disgraceful to baseball EVER
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
    3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Says the guy whos Avatar is Babe Ruth with a giant crown atop his head. Why would Bill James concoct something out of thin air? Does he have a vendatta against Ruth, or something? He clearly must be basing his claims on some sort of "evidence", even if that evidence is merely rumour. Since you are asserting that it "never happened", can you submit your evidence? Why are you so sure he didn't ever use a corked bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap78 View Post
    And this is why he is not well liked
    Just one of the many reasons.
    What's the rumpus?

This is the part i really like:

The sources said the associate used two South Florida businessmen to contact MLB officials and the players to see if they would be interested in bidding on the documents that included detailed information about the purchases of performance-enhancing drugs --- and possibly player signatures.

"They showed baseball what they had," said one source, who understood that there was a box full of documents. "I don't think there's much left down there now. Depending what's in the documents, this could be a significant building block in baseball's case against these players."
    These Biogenesis folks are really creative. After their PED business is exposed, they turn around and profit from it by offering to auction off the docs. If A-Rod got some docs pertaining to other players, maybe he can make some money by selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolensingle View Post
    MLB is suggesting A-Rod bought Biogenesis documents, with the purpose of a) destroying evidence that he doped, and/or b) getting dirt on other players, to deflect attention from himself. A-Rod's agents, of course, are denying all this. Pretty heavy stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...9996--mlb.html
    Of course he's denying it. That's what ball players do - deny everything, all the time. At least Jason Giambi made somewhat of an attempt to acknowledge & apologize for his use. Guys like A-Roid, Braun, Cruz, Cano, Colon, M. Cabrera, etc... There's no respect there from me anyway.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    Of course he's denying it. That's what ball players do - deny everything, all the time. At least Jason Giambi made somewhat of an attempt to acknowledge & apologize for his use. Guys like A-Roid, Braun, Cruz, Cano, Colon, M. Cabrera, etc... There's no respect there from me anyway.
    Cano? Last I checked he wasn't tied to this clinic. And besides that one article that he was going to be suspended for PED use( which never panned out), never any mention of him using.

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Cano? Last I checked he wasn't tied to this clinic. And besides that one article that he was going to be suspended for PED use( which never panned out), never any mention of him using.
    We'll see.

If I'm wrong, I'll deny it, then have my lawyer buy this thread so we can destroy it.
    Last edited by Zito75; 04-13-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast