Thread: Bill Glynn, former Indians first baseman, passes away

Bill Glynn, former Indians first baseman, passes away

An unfortunate number of former Indians have passed away within the past month.... Glynn was the Indians' primary first baseman in 1953.

Former minor-league Padre Bill Glynn has died. He was 87. Glynn played for the Pacific Coast League Padres in the 1950s. He also played in the majors for the Cleveland Indians. In 1954, Glynn hit three consecutive home runs in a game against Detroit. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Fort Rosecrans Cemetery.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...o-back-titles/
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Jersey cards of Edinson Volquez, Craig Kimbrel and David Ortiz! Bat card of Troy Tulowitzki! Autographs of Drake Britton, Kyle Lotzkar, Casey Weathers, Michael Burgess, Bryan Anderson, Trevor Bauer, Adam Lind, John Ely and Lorenzo de la Cruz! Plus a guide on how to get autographs...for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...

Bill Glynn also played briefly for the 1949 Philadelphia Phillies.

Sorry to hear of that. I had sent Billy a long letter last year asking him about his cousin Jack Glynn who was a career minor leaguer and whom I'm writing a story about. I got a reply almost a year later from his nurse saying his memory was not there anymore and physically not doing very well and could not answer any of my questions. May he rest in peace.
    See My Baseball Card Project: www.infinitecardset.blogspot.com

See My Vintage Sports Posters: www.cieradkowskidesign.blogspot.com