Thread: Steve Demeter and Milt Bolling, former Tigers players, pass away

Steve Demeter and Milt Bolling, former Tigers players, pass away

Demeter:

For a portion of Steve Demeter's life, he was only known as "the other guy."

He was the other guy who played third base in the Detroit Tigers' minor-league system.

He was the other guy in a famous trade that happened before the start of the 1960 season.

He was the other guy with potential for a great major-league career.

But Demeter was not just any other guy.

"He didn't talk about it much, but Steve was better at most things than almost everybody else," said George Coury, Demeter's longtime friend.

Demeter, a 1952 Homer-Center graduate, died Sunday morning after experiencing recent heart problems. He was 78 years old.
    Read more:

http://www.indianagazette.com/a_news...2d9f00cd3.html

__

Bolling:

MOBILE, Alabama - Hank Aaron Stadium, the home of the Mobile BayBears, is linked to the rest of the Port City by Bolling Brothers Boulevard. Earlier today, one of the namesakes of that street died.

Milt Bolling, who went from Mobile to spend seven seasons playing baseball in the American League, died this morning at age 82 at Providence Hospital, his brother, Frank Bolling, said.
    Read more:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._milt_bol.html
    Check out my stuff for sale on eBay! Currently selling New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, San Francisco Giants, Tampa Bay Rays and Washington Nationals card lots! Player lots of Tony Gwynn, Felix Hernandez, Nolan Ryan and Giancarlo Stanton! Plus a guide on how to get autographs ... for free!

My website...
    My other website...
    My other, other website...

I am 69 years old and have lived in and around the Detroit area my whole life..................naturally following the Tigers during that whole time. Seeing all the posts on this Tiger forum of all those heroes of my youth dying off sure brings back lots of memories. I remember Matt Batts was one of my favorite players along with Frank Lary (The Yankee Killer) and of course Charley Maxwell, Ray Boone, Walt Dropo etc. My greatest memory was going to a double header (remember those) to see the Tigers and Yankees. Frank Lary won one game and Don Mossi the other and Charley Maxwell hit if I remember right 4 home runs that day.