Thread: Dante Bichette Jr.

Dante Bichette Jr.

I can't read any in-depth scouting reports because I don't subscribe to anywhere they are located. But I've been hearing good things about him [in the limited information I've read].
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky5 View Post
    I can't read any in-depth scouting reports because I don't subscribe to anywhere they are located. But I've been hearing good things about him [in the limited information I've read].
    Is he a real prospect or was he only drafted because he has a famous dad?
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

He was excellent in 2011 (about 70% better than his league offensively) but struggled in 2012 (15% worse than his league). He was just 19 which made him one of the younger players in his league last year.
    He shows decent BB/K (8% BB/18% K's) numbers which is one of the most important metrics to look at when evaluating prospects.
    *http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...76&position=3B

He's not in Baseball America's top 10 list for the Yankees for 2013 after rating 6th last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Is he a real prospect or was he only drafted because he has a famous dad?
    Who happens to be Joe Girardi's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by solderjockey View Post
    Who happens to be Joe Girardi's best friend.
    Girardi named his kid Dante after Bichette. But junior looks like a real prospect, at least for now, not Preston Mattingly-esque.
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

One great season. One terrible season so far. Way too early to give up on him. He has improved defensively and looked like he was putting it together at the end of last year. We'll see.