Thread: Mantle Card and uniform swatch set?

Birthplace of Abraham Lincoln, Larue Co., KY

Question Mantle Card and uniform swatch set?

Hey all, I'm hoping to get a little feedback on a recent pull of mine. I bought on of those boxes of cards where they pack up several different brands of packs of cards together with card/jersey swatch set. I've pulled a roger clemens in the past, but this time I got a Mickey Mantle card/swatch set! Question is, do you think I should get it authenticated/slabbed? I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do with it. E-Bay? Trade? I dunno... I've attempted to add a photo... hope its there. Any feedback appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enough already! Let's get Quiz and Frank White into the Hall Of Fame ASAP!!! Go ROYALS!!!

Holy crap! That's a big pic.... sorry! I'm not the most tech-savvy cat out there!
    Enough already! Let's get Quiz and Frank White into the Hall Of Fame ASAP!!! Go ROYALS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofkirby View Post
    I've pulled a roger clemens in the past, but this time I got a Mickey Mantle card/swatch set! Question is, do you think I should get it authenticated/slabbed? I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do with it. E-Bay? Trade? I dunno... I've attempted to add a photo... hope its there. Any feedback appreciated!
    No, it's not worth getting graded. Here's a similar one that sold for $26. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SPOR...item589bdec804

There are a couple more on ebay, and the sellers are asking $45-$50.

Definitely don't get it graded.

Who is Vintage Sports Cards btw? Never heard of them.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

i wouldnt get it graded either,but still a cool piece.

They're still hacking up jerseys and gluing 'em onto cards? How sad.

I have a Roberto Alomar like that too (can't quite remember off the top of my head if it's from the same company), I always question its authenticity.
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Definitely don't get it graded.

Who is Vintage Sports Cards btw? Never heard of them.
    I remember this set from a few years back, it was all Mantle with a few "vintage" cards scattered throughout hobby boxes. I bought a few packs, didn't get anything tremendous. In one of the packs was a 1977 Lou Brock.

Smaller company working outside current licenses, I believe.
    Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior JEDI

Thanks everyone... yeah, I'll just probably just hang onto it as a neat addition to my collection.