Thread: Pirates Getting New Logo in 2014

Yeah, I haven't been called on any of the focus groups (yet) but it'll be interesting to see what eventually becomes the final logo. It's too bad the red-bandanna bucco will be associated with 15 of the 20 year losing streak. I'd like to think it'll go out a winner this year. If I had to guess, I would think they may go with a "pirates of the carribiean" type logo with just minor tweaks to the jersey. I hope they don't change the hat (unless they go back to the pillbox style of the 70's) But I figure they may have a larger makeover to cash in on merchandise sales.
    LETS GO BUCS!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
    I hope they don't change the hat (unless they go back to the pillbox style of the 70's) But I figure they may have a larger makeover to cash in on merchandise sales.
    Ohhh, didn't think of that. I like that hat. Its unique. What say you?

It is unique. The Bucs were the only team to use the pillbox hat for more than 1 season. I enjoy seeing the Bucs in that hat. I think the only reason they did away with them in the mid-80's was because the team started to resemble a "3-ring circus' at that time.
    LETS GO BUCS!!