Thread: Pirates Getting New Logo in 2014

Pirates Getting New Logo in 2014

"I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Yeah, I haven't been called on any of the focus groups (yet) but it'll be interesting to see what eventually becomes the final logo. It's too bad the red-bandanna bucco will be associated with 15 of the 20 year losing streak. I'd like to think it'll go out a winner this year. If I had to guess, I would think they may go with a "pirates of the carribiean" type logo with just minor tweaks to the jersey. I hope they don't change the hat (unless they go back to the pillbox style of the 70's) But I figure they may have a larger makeover to cash in on merchandise sales.
    LETS GO BUCS!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
    I hope they don't change the hat (unless they go back to the pillbox style of the 70's) But I figure they may have a larger makeover to cash in on merchandise sales.
    Ohhh, didn't think of that. I like that hat. Its unique. What say you?
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

It is unique. The Bucs were the only team to use the pillbox hat for more than 1 season. I enjoy seeing the Bucs in that hat. I think the only reason they did away with them in the mid-80's was because the team started to resemble a "3-ring circus' at that time.
    LETS GO BUCS!!