View Poll Results: Who will win more games in 2013 (regular season)?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • LA Dodgers

10 50.00%
  • SF Giants

10 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for Fun: Who will win more games in 2013 - Giants or Dodgers

Blog Entries

Just for Fun: Who will win more games in 2013 - Giants or Dodgers

I don't want another flame war to erupt. I'm just curious to see the general consensus of this site.
    RIP Bill Burgess - a gentleman and a scholar - Baseball-Fever will never be the same without you.

Do you really think this won't turn into a flame war? When i saw the title i swore Roy Started this but the Dodgers will win more games IMHO

Good on ya, GiambiJuice! Here we go!

GO DODGERS!!!
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean

"The last guy who ran as badly as Bill Buckner was Long John Silver." Mark Heisler, sportswriter

"I'm getting by on three pitches now - a curve, a change-up, and whatever you want to call that thing that used to be a fastball." Frank Tanana

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    Do you really think this won't turn into a flame war? When i saw the title i swore Roy Started this but the Dodgers will win more games IMHO
    You know, it's possible to just vote in the poll without commenting about how it will turn into a flame war....

In fact no one commented for 10 hours until yours.
    RIP Bill Burgess - a gentleman and a scholar - Baseball-Fever will never be the same without you.

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    You know, it's possible to just vote in the poll without commenting about how it will turn into a flame war....

In fact no one commented for 10 hours until yours.
    It will be a very interesting season in the NL West, just like many of the tight divisions (maybe all but the AL Central)! I just can't wait to watch it all unfold, for better or worse. There are not any teams that I dislike, just those that I like more! The same poll could be conducted on all those other tight races, and I am sure some will take offense to the opinions of others, as always. Good idea, we'll just see what will happen.

"The last guy who ran as badly as Bill Buckner was Long John Silver." Mark Heisler, sportswriter

"I'm getting by on three pitches now - a curve, a change-up, and whatever you want to call that thing that used to be a fastball." Frank Tanana

Both teams are stacked with pitching

Both teams are stacked with offense

Both teams are stacked with depth

Both teams are stacked with very high expectations

In my opinion it all comes down to which team stays healthy.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

The Giants are not very good

Quote Originally Posted by BondsOverBabe View Post
    Many believed that last year, then...

They're not very good. Two World Series titles in three years is actually great.

When healthy and on the ball, a staff that's in the argument for the best in baseball and a good offense full of young players who can only get better. Yeah, not good at all.

That being said, I think Don Mattingly is too good a manager to not have the Dodgers in serious contention this year. I go with them, barely, because they have room to improve.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior JEDI

Quote Originally Posted by BondsOverBabe View Post
    Would it make a difference if you subtracted posey and inserted mauer?

As unpleasant as it may have been for me personally, Clayton Kershaw's 8th inning home run in today's opener shows why I love NL baseball and hate the DH.
    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010 and 2012

Fire Bam Bam! Hire The Thrill!!

Blog Entries
    We're about 10% through the season now...

Giants 9-7, 3rd place NL West - on pace for 91 wins
    Dodgers 7-8, 4th place NL West - on pace for 76 wins

matt kemp needs to stop sucking if the dodgers want to have a chance. especially with their second best pitcher being out they need an all star performance of kemp and not him hitting like he is adam dunn without power.

I know it is early in the season but 18Ks (on pace for 200+) with just 10 hits (4 xBH-no homer) and 3 BB in 60 PAs is really terrible. Is he still hurt?
    Last edited by dominik; 04-19-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    matt kemp needs to stop sucking if the dodgers want to have a chance. especially with their second best pitcher being out they need an all star performance of kemp and not him hitting like he is adam dunn without power.

I know it is early in the season but 18Ks (on pace for 200+) with just 10 hits (4 xBH-no homer) and 3 BB in 60 PAs is really terrible. Is he still hurt?
    They should send Kemp down to the minors , bring up Yasiel Puig to left and move Carl Crawford to center.
    Great pitching always beat great hitting. Clutch hitting always beat great pitching.

lol I meant to say the Dodgers are not very good.

billingsley is also out for the season. Dodgers season seems to be pretty much over before may.

kemp is not hitting and their 2 and 3 starter are out. really a bad season so far.
    I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps, but the guy who walks and cant run, most of the time hes clogging up the bases for somebody who can run. Dusty Baker.

billingsley is also out for the season. Dodgers season seems to be pretty much over before may.

kemp is not hitting and their 2 and 3 starter are out. really a bad season so far.
    Dodgers team pitching is still ahead of the Giants and 11th in MLB overall. The pitching, even with the injuries is holding its own and Greinke will be back in a month. Dodgers are only 2.5 back of the Giants.

Kemp will break out at some point--hopefully sooner than later. The Dodgers main problem thus far has been their abysmal performance with RISP. Carl Crawford seems reborn and A-Gon has been the most consistent run producer.

As I said at the start, injuries will be a major player in this and so far the Dodgers have been bit hard, but it's still April...looong way to go.
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Who would have guessed that on June 18th the Giants and Dodgers would be the two cellar dwellers in the NL West? The Giants are in 4th place and the Dodger's in 5th.

However, the Giants are only 1.5 games out of 1st. The Dodgers are 7 game back, which is not insurmountable.

Things can get interesting.

The Dodgers' are still in the middle of the pack as far as runs allowed go, a little better than the Giants. The Giants have scored 61 more runs though. I think that perhaps the Dodgers can secure more Ws with Puig creating runs for them, and if Han-Ram can stay healthy (big "if" there so far), maybe add one of those OFers from the 'Topes (filihok wants Gwynn, Jr, I agree but would also like to see Angle or Chili Buss - who can't like a guy with a name like Chili Buss...), keep the offense healthy and hitting and they can easily make up those 7 games to get back into the West. But the staff has to continue to get the job done too.

Any word on possible trades for the Dodgers? Are they looking at anyone for the deadline? Are they gonna sell or buy? This new ownership group seems aggressive, maybe they buy at the deadline if they are still 7 back and try to make a solid run at the end. It would be interesting. As it stands now though, I think the Giants have a much better chance (obviously) of taking the division from the Snakes. The Rockies and Friars should be headed south in the standings again in the second half.

the dodgers are dead last in the west with a .426 record. they are not going to win anything. their pitching is still solid despite the injuries (although you have to consider DS which helps pitchers) but their hitting flat out sucks. yasiel Puig won't Change that no matter how good his season is.

I said it before the season: they might have some good names but apart from kemp (who is always injured nowadays) they do not have current star Players. A-gone can still hit for decent average but has no power anymore. hanley and crawford are also injured all the time. if they want to have any Chance they Need an MVP caliber season out of kemp and with his injuries they are likely not getting it.

A-gone can still hit for decent average but has no power anymore.
    HRs are overrated. He's on pace for 105 RBI. No Dodger first baseman has come close to 100 RBI since Eric Karros in 2000.
    - Walt Whitman

The Arizona Diamondbacks.
    "I go all out, and I'm going to bring that to the table everyday. In good times and in bad times." - Eric Byrnes
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    HRs are overrated. He's on pace for 105 RBI. No Dodger first baseman has come close to 100 RBI since Eric Karros in 2000.
    93 RBI isn't close to 100?

RBI aren't overrated???

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    93 RBI isn't close to 100?

RBI aren't overrated???
    Let's put it this way, A-Gon was criticized for his offense this season. The fact is he's on pace to drive in more runs than any Dodger first baseman has in 13 years.

I'm no stathead, so please enlighten on how RBI are overrated.
    - Walt Whitman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jnakamura View Post
    Let's put it this way, A-Gon was criticized for his offense this season. The fact is he's on pace to drive in more runs than any Dodger first baseman has in 13 years.

I'm no stathead, so please enlighten on how RBI are overrated.
    Google it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast