• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulypal
    $300MM of Dumpster Diving
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    Hmm, didn't Harper leave the game after a collision at 2nd base early in the game? Now he's back in? Did I miss something?
    I was home for lunch to watch the game, and the genius Gary Cohen said about 15 times that Harper was out of the game. The thing that the genius Gary Cohen didn't realize is that Harper was forced out at 2nd and HAD to leave the field on the play where he collided with Young. I actually asked how does he know he is out of the game?

He kept saying Harper was out of the game based nothing. I guess the genius Gary Cohen forget the rule that when your forced out at 2nd base you have to walk off the field (or jog...your choice) that doesn't mean your out of the game.

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
      A Gametime Decision
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      I was home for lunch to watch the game, and the genius Gary Cohen said about 15 times that Harper was out of the game. The thing that the genius Gary Cohen didn't realize is that Harper was forced out at 2nd and HAD to leave the field on the play where he collided with Young. I actually asked how does he know he is out of the game?

He kept saying Harper was out of the game based nothing. I guess the genius Gary Cohen forget the rule that when your forced out at 2nd base you have to walk off the field (or jog...your choice) that doesn't mean your out of the game.
      Cohen probably assumed that since Harper suffered a head injury, that he would be taken out of the game as a precaution. That's what I assumed, and probably what should have happened.
      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
        A Gametime Decision
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
        Ugh...don't usually get New York TV, but just saw a commercial for WOR...

"New home of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the New York Mets!"

...I very much question the company we're keeping radio station-wise...
        Isn't Bill Maher a part-owner of the Mets? Politics (and baseball) makes strange bedfellows.
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• trepye
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
          I don't like it but the FAN went with the Yankees instead of the Mets.

I miss listening to the Mets on FM radio. There was much less static and interference than AM radio.
          Heard the yankee playbyplay on the WFAN... I threw up in my mouth. WFAN will and should pay dearly for this poor choice in judment.

Opening day... if Lagares can hit like that all season I would be ESTATIC; a sick glove like that than can hit is very entertaining. Parnell just point blank suxs, with or without the heater; despite velocity virtues he continually does not show the intellect needed for closing.
          :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
          Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

• mandrake
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by trepye View Post
            Heard the yankee playbyplay on the WFAN... I threw up in my mouth. WFAN will and should pay dearly for this poor choice in judment.

Opening day... if Lagares can hit like that all season I would be ESTATIC; a sick glove like that than can hit is very entertaining. Parnell just point blank suxs, with or without the heater; despite velocity virtues he continually does not show the intellect needed for closing.
            You must have hated yesterday's game ! All of those 'cheap home runs" in a bandbox like Citi Field !:ooo:

Comment

• Mr. Met
              • Sep 2005

Here we go.. Parnell on DL

Comment

• Cowtipper
                Retired
                • Dec 2006

The Mets signed Bobby Abreu.

Comment

• Strawman
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                  Here we go.. Parnell on DL
                  Farnsworth and Flores coming up ... Flores has to stay, and play.
                  Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• trepye
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                    You must have hated yesterday's game ! All of those 'cheap home runs" in a bandbox like Citi Field !:ooo:
                    Based on your inane sarcasm I guess you are ok with them losing the game in spite of this HR "heroics" observation, as it fell more deeply into your psyche than the games's final score.
                    :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

• mandrake
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by trepye View Post
                      Based on your inane sarcasm I guess you are ok with them losing the game in spite of this HR "heroics" observation, as it fell more deeply into your psyche than the games's final score.
                      If the fences were moved back to 480 ft, they may have won ! Are homers OK if only the Mets hit them? It's not inane sarcasm, you have gone on record as saying they should never have moved the fences in. Yet some of those shots on BOTH teams were going out just about anywhere.

Comment

• Paulypal
                        $300MM of Dumpster Diving
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                        Farnsworth and Flores coming up ... Flores has to stay, and play.
                        I am not sure how Tony Perez........uh I mean Flores didn't make the 25 man squad.

Comment

• Mr. Met
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                          I am not sure how Tony Perez........uh I mean Flores didn't make the 25 man squad.
                          I think the plan was for him to play a lot of shortstop at Las Vegas

Comment

• Strawman
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                            I think the plan was for him to play a lot of shortstop at Las Vegas
                            It was a short plan!

I maintain Flores will be a terrifically productive ML hitter.
                            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• rjsallstars
                              Let's Go Mets
                              • Aug 2008

I do not want to panic on April 1st but I would like the team to have its best 25 players on the big league roster. Would it be foolish to put Mejia and Montero in the bullpen and start Dice K? Bullpen would be much deeper IMO. I am all for trying to see if Flores could become comfortable at SS in the minors before bringing him up. Get him to be average defensively at SS and he will become a very valuable player.

Comment

• theAmazingMet
                                There IS a "we" in team
                                • May 2005

I love it! Game one and everybody is bickering already! Must be springtime on BBF! Lol
                                unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                                unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                                unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X