X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • egri
    • Feb 2014

Who was you first TTM success?

I saw a similar thread over on a different site, and thought it would be a good idea here.

My first TTM success was from former Red Sox second baseman Bobby Doerr. I was in the fifth grade, and had gotten his address from another collector. I was so excited about writing to a real professional athlete that I completely forgot to include a SASE--I didn't even have an envelope! Fortunately, I had included my address in the letter, and Mr. Doerr supplied return postage. The TTM bug bit me there, and I've been collecting autographs ever since. Who was your first TTM success?
    Check out my new autograph blog

Signed 1953 Topps Project: 102/274 (37.23%) complete
  • EmergencyCatcher
    'Graphing Guru
    • May 2010

Sandy Alomar Jr. via the Indians back in 1992-- I was about 8 years old at the time. I tried him, Jim Abbott, and Mark McGwire c/o their respective teams. Alomar was the only one not to send back a pre-print. I still have it, the signed 1991 Donruss All-Star card.
    "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Good traders: bravesautographs, kearns643

Check out my autograph blog!

Comment

• 9&10
      • Dec 2008

Cory Snyder ~1988. I didn't really get into TTM until a decade later. I still don't send out a ton, though, mostly because I hand-write all of my letters and it takes a while. I figure if a player is willing to give me a hand-written signature, I should do him the courtesy of giving him a hand-written request.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X