Do you like where the Red Sox are headed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dominik
    • Oct 2008

Do you like where the Red Sox are headed?

they will have a good Team next year but they have given out two Long term contracts to an injury prone 30 year old and a still in his prime but overweight guy (which means his decline could come earlier). they are shelling out the big bucks Yankee style now, has their Approach changed since epstein left?

obviously they won a WS in 2013 and might win another one in 15 or 16 which is better than 90% of all other Teams can hope for but I still don't know whether that way is the way to go. it reminds me a Little bit of the phillies after their 08 WS who also gave a lot of Long term contracts and are still paying the Price for it now.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.
  • Therwil Flyer
    #firedavedombrowski
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by dominik View Post
    they will have a good Team next year but they have given out two Long term contracts to an injury prone 30 year old and a still in his prime but overweight guy (which means his decline could come earlier). they are shelling out the big bucks Yankee style now, has their Approach changed since epstein left?

obviously they won a WS in 2013 and might win another one in 15 or 16 which is better than 90% of all other Teams can hope for but I still don't know whether that way is the way to go. it reminds me a Little bit of the phillies after their 08 WS who also gave a lot of Long term contracts and are still paying the Price for it now.
    Liking where they are headed or not headed depends on having a remote idea of where they are headed. I for one have no clue! Let's wait and see how this offseason is shaking out and then judge....
    Watching Derek Jeter make 40 defensive plays and then watching Adam Everett make 40 defensive plays at the same position is sort of like watching video of Barbara Bush dancing at the White House, and then watching Demi Moore dancing in Striptease. (Bill James)

Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power. If he can continue to hit .260 or so, he'll be useful, and he probably has a future as a backup infielder. (Keith Law)

Comment

• Dude Paskert
      The Grand Poobah of Sweat
      • Mar 2012

I was hoping they would take a little time to rebuild and not sign questionable FAs.
      I'm guessing they have a pretty decent master plan, but don't like what I've seen so far.
      "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• Dude Paskert
        The Grand Poobah of Sweat
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
        I was hoping they would take a little time to rebuild and not sign questionable FAs.
        I'm guessing they have a pretty decent master plan, but don't like what I've seen so far.
        I like things more now...still not that excited about Panda and Hanley. Maybe Ramirez can get more games in if he's not playing SS?
        "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• TonyK
          • Aug 2005

Additions: Ramirez, Sandoval, Porcello, and Miley
          Subtractions: Cespedes

I like it so far.
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

• TonyK
            • Aug 2005