• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seattle1
    Mariners
    • Jun 2006

Old Mitt

Do you still have your old mitt from when you were a kid? I don't. I don't even remember what ever happened to it! The one I have now I got when I was in college.

• YardDog
    • May 2014

Mine sat unused and forgotten for years... until my son (first born) turned 3 or 4. He's 10 now and it's been a constant companion ever since.

There was definitely some sentiment as I put it back on my hand after all the years... it's a Rawlings Fernando Valenzuela model (says softball size). Oiled and re-laced it... an extension of my arm.

Comment

• Seattle1
      Mariners
      • Jun 2006

I can still totally visualize what my old mitt looked like, but I don't remember the brand name. Seems to me it was some kind of an obscure brand, not like Rawlings or Wilson or whatever.

Comment

• stkjock
        • Dec 2014

I still use the mitt I had since 8th grade

Comment

• Seattle1
          Mariners
          • Jun 2006

I found my old mitt recently, the brand name is Continental Leisure Sports. It's a nice glove. In had been sitting in a box in a garage for years so it is pretty stiff, but I bet it can be worked in again. Probably I'll give it to my son when her gets old enough.

Comment

• queue
            • Mar 2015

I still have and use my 1B mitt that I got when I was 14. It is currently 29 years old. 2-4 heavy oil baths each year has kept is in decent condition.

The leather where my palm touches is starting to rot though. There are holes where my middle and ring fingers touch on the inside, and I have re laced the pocket several times.

I don't think it will last too much longer now that my kid is throwing up over 70mph.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X