Thread: Increase in Women's Baseball Tournaments

Increase in Women's Baseball Tournaments

One major advance was made this year - the first-ever Women's Pan Am Games.

One major advance will be made in 2020 in Tokyo, Japan - the first-ever Women's Summer Olympics.

But why is everything else so sluggish?

Where is the first-ever Women's Euros ? the first-ever Women's Central America and Caribbean Games ? the first-ever Women's Asia Championship ? the first-ever South America Women's Championship ? the first-ever Women's Oceania Championship ? the first-ever Women's Africa Championship ? the first-ever Women's - Haarlem Week ? the first-ever Women's World Port Tournament ?

Does anyone have final scores, ballpark and city, date, and attendance for the following games:

1997 Australian Women Tour to San Diego and Los Angeles ?

Thank you.

Does anyone know how I might obtain game scores, ballpark and city, date, and attendance if available for the first two Women's
    Baseball Tournaments ever played :

1997 Australian Women traveled to San Diego and Los Angeles to face the USA Women

1998 USA Women traveled to Melbourne to face the Australian Women

Philip Lowry

It's got to start at the bottom up. Girls have to stop being told the have to switch to softball. There must be more places available for girls to continue playing that want to. Baseball for All and GTB out of Florida are working towards this goal. It's growing, slowly, but like any wildfire, it starts with a spark.

I doubt this will happen. even the mens Amateur adult game is gravitating away from Baseball to Softball, as Softball has several logistical Advantages, mostly needing less space plus games are quicker.

I Play Baseball but I think at lower Levels Softball is a more enjoyable game because it is easier to find pitchers that can hit the Zone, the throws are shorter plus as mentioned the quicker games. Baseball is only fun if you are somewhat good at it. of course there are woman who have the ability to do it but as in the Boys game there are many more bad ones and probably more on the Girls side.

if you are good you Need to find enough good Players to Play with you and that is easier in Softball (a lot less travel for example). also the women who are good enough to Play solid Baseball likely would get a Chance to Play college Softball so they have Little incentive to do it.
    Last edited by dominik; 11-09-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Dom,
    You need to look more at the world stage too. Women's baseball is growing. MLB is VERY interested in bringing in girls into baseball, along with sponsors. (No I'm not talking about the big leagues, I'm talking about LL and building life long fans.) Why? Because baseball is dying. They've left out half the world population. I think you're going to see more of it in the future. I could be wrong, but considering the names of sponsors that are giving our org money to play baseball, I see a bright future for girls that don't want to play softball.

Quote Originally Posted by clayadams View Post
    Dom,
    You need to look more at the world stage too. Women's baseball is growing. MLB is VERY interested in bringing in girls into baseball, along with sponsors. (No I'm not talking about the big leagues, I'm talking about LL and building life long fans.) Why? Because baseball is dying. They've left out half the world population. I think you're going to see more of it in the future. I could be wrong, but considering the names of sponsors that are giving our org money to play baseball, I see a bright future for girls that don't want to play softball.
    Baseball certainly wants women to Play but while it is certainly growing in a small scale you still have to get away women from Softball. the only way women Baseball takes really off is when Softball dies.

Girls quite often Play Baseball in LL but most Switch when they hit puberty.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Dom,
    There's no doubt softball keeps baseball from growing with girls. However, girls don't "quite often" play in LL. They quite often play in tee ball, then switch to softball around 8. The problem is for the girls that don't want to play softball. I can't tell you how often we get the question, "When is she going to switch?" It seems so few people even know that Team USA has a 16u and Women's national team. This is what my daughter dreams of, not playing MLB with the men. I've honestly started seeing more of a desire for girls to play baseball. Everywhere we go we get bombarded by young girls, usually little and older sisters of the boys we play against, wanting to know more. It is growing, slowly. I don't expect softball to go anywhere anytime soon, but I do expect more girls will keep playing baseball. Just this past weekend there was an all women's baseball tournament at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, FL. Every year women in baseball grows a little more and a little more. For the love of our sport, we should all encourage it!

clayadams

Were any of the teams last week in the Women's Baseball Tournament in
    Dodgertown, in Vero Beach, Florida foreign ? If so, where can I get details
    of the tournament games - game score, ballpark, city, innings, attendance
    if available. Thank you.

I don't know anything about women at Vero Beach last week. I know Baseball For All had its second annual national all girls tournament in San Fransisco. There was a 10u, 13u, and 16u division.

Blog Entries
    Women's World Cup a week away.

Clay Adams,

On your Thu 11/12/2015 post, you discuss a week-long Women's
    Tournament at Dodgertown in Vero Beach during the last weekend,
    which would be Fri, Nov 6 through Sun, Nov 8.

In your 7/29/2016 post, you discuss the first annual 2015 and second
    annual 10U, 13U, and 16U Baseball for All tournaments were in San
    Francisco. No dates are given.

Can you please direct me to where I can receive for all of these
    Women's Tournament games: the game score, date, stadium,
    and city?

The dates would have been the weekend of Fri, Nov 6 through
    Sun, Nov 8 in Vero Beach; and unknown dates of the 2015 and
    2016 annual San Francisco tournaments.

Thank you.