Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freddie Freeman

And just for the sake of fairness, and what I said with Gregorius, it's possible Freeman could crater and not have his best season ever.
    48 wins to match last year's total

Freeman continues to perform at an MVP like level, a few more years like this, and he might have a HOF chance...

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/fredd...elite-slugger/

Well at the very least he's already one of the best Braves first baseman in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar of Flies View Post
    Freeman continues to perform at an MVP like level, a few more years like this, and he might have a HOF chance...

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/fredd...elite-slugger/
    In terms of a path to the Hall of Fame, Freeman is roughly on par with Anthony Rizzo, both of whom trail Albert Pujols (shoo-in), Miguel Cabrera (shoo-in), Joey Votto (back half of a Hall-worthy start) and Paul Goldschmidt (Hall-worthy start).

As for Braves history, I'm comfortable naming Freeman as the greatest first baseman in franchise history, passing the largely forgotten Fred Tenney this season.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    In terms of a path to the Hall of Fame, Freeman is roughly on par with Anthony Rizzo, both of whom trail Albert Pujols (shoo-in), Miguel Cabrera (shoo-in), Joey Votto (back half of a Hall-worthy start) and Paul Goldschmidt (Hall-worthy start).

As for Braves history, I'm comfortable naming Freeman as the greatest first baseman in franchise history, passing the largely forgotten Fred Tenney this season.
    See, I'm not comfortable doing that yet. I don't know why, but I'm not. I can understand why we'd discount Tenney's stats as they came from the turn of the century, but the guy spent 14 years with them. Maybe after this season.

Freddie Freeman's updated slash line: .378/.491/.811 228 wRC+

Some exceptional players have played first for the Braves but Freeman looks like he's going to spend a long time as The Guy for them, much like Chipper did. That's what will put him over.
    "It's like watching a Western. It's slow, so you can watch the chess moves. Nothing seems to happen, but when it goes down, it goes down big." - Howard Bryant

3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Updated to include today

.343/.457/.754

14 HR and an OPS of 1.211

2.3 rWAR
    Last edited by Los Bravos; 05-16-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    "It's like watching a Western. It's slow, so you can watch the chess moves. Nothing seems to happen, but when it goes down, it goes down big." - Howard Bryant

wRC+ since the beginning of 2016 (minimum 600 PA):

Trout 180
    Freeman 162
    Votto 157
    Donaldson 156
    Cruz 153
    Murphy 151
    Bryant 149
    Altuve 147
    Cabrera 145
    Goldschmidt 139

And he got seriously plunked tonight by some spud who can't throw the ball over the plate.

FF is F---ed. Out for ten weeks with a broken wrist. I’m not even a fan of him or the Braves, but I hate to see any player injured, and particularly one who was putting up awesome numbers. In the blink of an eye, a great season is no more.

Yeah, like anyone really cared. He plays for the Braves so he was only JUST starting to get noticed. He'll be back in August or September and coast.

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Yeah, like anyone really cared. He plays for the Braves so he was only JUST starting to get noticed. He'll be back in August or September and coast.
    Believe me, I've noticed him, he's been killing the Mets for years. But I agree, he's one of the least-known best players.
    Shalom, y'all!
    What's the rumpus?

Quote Originally Posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    Believe me, I've noticed him, he's been killing the Mets for years. But I agree, he's one of the least-known best players.
    I mean anyone outside of us. It seems like it's just easier to dismiss the Braves as a Mickey Mouse organization like they did in the late 70s and late 80s.

Blog Entries
    Jinxed!!!!
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

http://www.espn.com/blog/buster-olne...of-retaliation

This is quasi-relevant as I'm sure the retaliation was in part fueled by Freeman getting his wrist broken. It is stupid, yes, but come on. The Braves aren't going to be winning many games for the next two and a half months. It doesn't matter what they do. If they're lucky, maybe they'll be at 50 wins by the team Freeman comes back? Who knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12