Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Giants Prospects

While I'm far away from calling our farm good, I look more relaxed at it now.
    Over the last 5 years we produced significant talent, although our farm system seemed to be rated low. Over the last 5 years we produced significant talent. I'm looking forward to Ty Blach and I'm still not giving up Arroyo.

As for the outfielders: Yes, definitely not good. But let's see what Mac Williamsan can do with more at-bats.
    Greetings from Germany

Blog Entries
    The Giants have developed many of the key guys that helped win the three world Series for sure.

Buster Posey
    Madison Bumgarner
    Brandon Crawford
    Brandon Belt
    Joe Panik
    Matt Cain
    Tim Lincecum
    Sergio Romo
    Brian Wilson

That's a lot of talent right there. It just seems odd that not one of them is an outfielder. KH and I thought Gary Brown was the real deal, a gap hitting, base stealing, defensive wizard in CF that would lead off. He had that one huge season in the Cal League and never developed after that.

In the fangraphs article I thought it was odd that there was no mention of Jacob Heyward, Jason's younger brother. He was drafted in 2016 and had a great season in Rookie ball. Granted, he's only been a pro a few months, hit just .242 (but with a .403 OBP) in his final college season, and was only an 18th round pick, but the scouting reports I read say he has good tools. Likely, he'll start 2017 at Augusta.
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 11-04-2016 at 10:53 AM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    It just seems odd that not one of them is an outfielder. KH and I thought Gary Brown was the real deal, a gap hitting, base stealing, defensive wizard in CF that would lead off. He had that one huge season in the Cal League and never developed after that.
    Count me in. He had some power too. People were looking forward to 50+ stolen bases as fast as he was. That was some disappointment.

In the fangraphs article I thought it was odd that there was no mention of Jacob Heyward, Jason's younger brother. He was drafted in 2016 and had a great season in Rookie ball. Granted, he's only been a pro a few months, hit just .242 (but with a .403 OBP) in his final college season, and was only an 18th round pick, but the scouting reports I read say he was good tools. Likely, he'll start 2017 at Augusta.
    Interesting. I guess I should subsribe to MiLB.tv upcoming season, too. But they don't broadcats from Augusta as far as I know.
    Greetings from Germany

KH and I thought Gary Brown was the real deal, a gap hitting, base stealing, defensive wizard in CF that would lead off. He had that one huge season in the Cal League and never developed after that.
    Indeed we did think that. Last i looked Gary was playing in some Maryland independent league hitting .240.

It is interesting that the Giants farm system had developed their entire starting INF (including Duff-man) but no OF. I dont really believe there is anything signigicant to this fact, more of a fluke than anything.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Some early notes on the kids...

Arroyo is killing it in AAA. Hitting .467 wont be sustained obviously, but it bodes well.

And I like 2015 #1 pick Chris Shaw in Richmond. He's finally looking like he's getting it, and I bet he's in Sacramento in a couple of months

Also, meant to add that the long, sad case of Angel Villalona came to an end. Kid got released and is a FA. Can't find out if he's back in the Dominican, but I think that's likely
    Last edited by KHenry14; 04-15-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Blog Entries
    Christian Arroyo is still killing it hitting .479/.510/.750 in 12 games so far.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Another kid I'm watching is Same Coonrod who is in Richmond. While he is 0-1 so far on the year, he has a 0.86 WHIP 1 bb 18 k

Here's hoping he continues his progress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12