Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016-17 San Francisco Giants off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Aubrey Huff thinks protesters need to get a job: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...s-get-job.html

These rants of his will lose him a lot of fans, esp. Giants fans. What bothered me the most was him bragging about his money, big house and Hot Wife.
    Lots of pro athletes seems to think that the general public is very jealous of them. And\Aubrey was going there on twitter. While he didnt go the full Schilling, he did alienate a lot of people.
    He has the same right to express himself as the protesters do. If he is critical of them, that is his right. He didn't break any laws, as some of the protesters did.
    This week's Giant

#8in games played as a Giant with 1501 , Jim Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hart View Post
    He has the same right to express himself as the protesters do. If he is critical of them, that is his right. He didn't break any laws, as some of the protesters did.
    You are absolutely correct, and no one is saying he doesn't have the right to say it. But as with all things, actions have consequences.
    ďWell, I like to say Iím completely focused, right? I mean, the gameís on the line. Itís not like Iím thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer ó it tastes frigginí awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Blog Entries
    So over at ESPN they had an Insider article about trades they like to see. One of the proposed trades was Andrew McCutchen going to the Giants for Tyler Beede, Christian Arroyo, and Andrew Suarez. I'm not aware of the Giants ever showing any interesting in McCutchen.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

That would be a tempting deal Wags. Like you, I hadn't heard of any interest in Cutch, but obviously he'd be a great fit.

With that said, I just think Sabes and Evans want to see if Parker or Williamson can take hold of the job. Until they show they can't, I think they'll stand pat.

BTW, I loved Parker going yard tonight. Puig didn't even move as the ball rocketed over his head.
    ďWell, I like to say Iím completely focused, right? I mean, the gameís on the line. Itís not like Iím thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer ó it tastes frigginí awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Blog Entries
    I'm not high on Parker, KH. His AAA numbers are rather pedestrian, far inferior to what Nate Schierholtz did at AAA. And we all know how Nate turned out. And Parker is already 28 years old.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    I'm not high on Parker, KH. His AAA numbers are rather pedestrian, far inferior to what Nate Schierholtz did at AAA. And we all know how Nate turned out. And Parker is already 28 years old.
    i'm not saying Parker is going to be great or anything, just that he seems to have gotten a bit better this spring.

Honestly I think LF will be a blackhole all season

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123