Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dodgers all time 25 man roster

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Posts
    6,338

    Dodgers all time 25 man roster

    C: Roy Campanella, Mike Piazza
    1B: Gil Hodges. Steve Garvey
    2B: Jackie Robinson, Jim Gilliam
    3B: Ron Cey, Adrian Beltre
    SS: Pee Wee Reese, Maury Wills
    LF: Zack Wheat
    CF: Duke Snider, Willie Davis
    RF: Carl Furillo, Dixie Walker
    SP: Dazzy Vance, Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax, Clayton Kershaw, Don Sutton
    RP: Jim Brewer, Ron Perranoski, Kenley Jansen, Eric Gagne, Jay Howell


    How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Dodgers players were together in their Dodgers prime?

    The way I see it is the starting rotation would be by far the best in baseball. Bullpen would also be the best. The lineup is dominating. Great bench as well. All that said 125 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ by way of Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,985
    Delete Jay Howell from the pitchers and add left fielder Floyd Caves "Babe" Herman (.324 lifetime thru 13 seasons).
    you can take the Dodgers out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the DODGERS
    http://brooklyndodgermemories.freeforums.org/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by penncentralpete View Post
    Delete Jay Howell from the pitchers and add left fielder Floyd Caves "Babe" Herman (.324 lifetime thru 13 seasons).
    But a 9 man pitching staff?? How realistic is that?
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    442
    Burleigh Grimes who pitched for the Dodgers from 1918 to 1926 won 158 of his 270 games with the team. He was named to the HOF in 1964.

    Pete Reiser deserves an honorable mention.

    BTW, I like Sockeye's park dimensions. The emphasis on the home run has made the game a sort of home-run derby.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by SABR Steve View Post
    Burleigh Grimes who pitched for the Dodgers from 1918 to 1926 won 158 of his 270 games with the team. He was named to the HOF in 1964.

    Pete Reiser deserves an honorable mention.

    BTW, I like Sockeye's park dimensions. The emphasis on the home run has made the game a sort of home-run derby.
    One note on the park dimensions and wall heights. Everyone of which actually existed at a past or current ballpark.

    LF: 388 Feet in Griffith Stadium
    LCF: 455 Feet in Polo Grounds
    CF: 542 Feet in Hilltop Park
    RCF: 471 Feet in Hilltop Park
    RF: 400 Feet in Hilltop Park
    LF Wall: 37 Feet in Fenway
    CF Wall: 35 Feet in Baker Bowl
    RF Wall: 60 Feet in Baker Bowl

    I picked San Diego as the location due to the fact that the baseball tends to travel less distance on average of any location to host a MLB team.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    325
    Why are these descriptions the same for ALL the 25-man roster threads you've made across the teams' individual forums? For example, for every team you say that 'the lineup would be the best in baseball' and/or 'the pitching staff would be the best in baseball'. You can't have 30 bests.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by machinehead11 View Post
    Why are these descriptions the same for ALL the 25-man roster threads you've made across the teams' individual forums? For example, for every team you say that 'the lineup would be the best in baseball' and/or 'the pitching staff would be the best in baseball'. You can't have 30 bests.
    I'm saying that when compared to 2016 lineups and pitching staffs most all time teams lineups/pitching staffs would be the best. There are exceptions. See the Rays all time roster.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •