C: Chris Iannetta, Jeff Reed
    1B: Todd Helton, Andres Galarraga
    2B: DJ LeMahieu, Eric Young
    3B: Nolan Arenado, Vinny Castilla
    SS: Troy Tulowitzki, Clint Barmes
    LF: Carlos Gonzalez, Matt Holliday
    CF: Ellis Burks, Dexter Fowler
    RF: Larry Walker
    SP: Ubaldo Jimenez, Aaron Cook, Jorge De La Rosa, Jhoulys Chacin, Pedro Astacio
    RP: Steve Reed, Brian Fuentes, Curt Leskanic, Rafael Betancourt, Adam Ottavino

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Rockies players were together in their Rockies prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be average with a decent bullpen. The lineup would be the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 100 wins should be possible.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

As someone who remembers the days of Let's Panic Leskanic all too well, I'd much rather have Huston Street or someone like that as the other guy in the bullpen. Leskanic was only decent for a reliever during his Colorado tenure in 1995, which says more about small sample sizes than about how comfortable anyone was with him on the mound...

Otherwise, I think this is a pretty darn good job of generating an all-time roster for the Rox! The pitching would, as always, be the weak spot, but we'd win a ton of 11-8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    C: Chris Iannetta, Jeff Reed
    1B: Todd Helton, Andres Galarraga
    2B: DJ LeMahieu, Eric Young
    3B: Nolan Arenado, Vinny Castilla
    SS: Troy Tulowitzki, Clint Barmes
    LF: Carlos Gonzalez, Matt Holliday
    CF: Ellis Burks, Dexter Fowler
    RF: Larry Walker
    SP: Ubaldo Jimenez, Aaron Cook, Jorge De La Rosa, Jhoulys Chacin, Pedro Astacio
    RP: Steve Reed, Brian Fuentes, Curt Leskanic, Rafael Betancourt, Adam Ottavino

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Rockies players were together in their Rockies prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be average with a decent bullpen. The lineup would be the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 100 wins should be possible.
    ^ not too bad. Iannetta and Reed as catchers sorta shows how weak the Rockies have been at that position. IMO, Jon Gray is going to be the real deal, and soon should replace Jhoulys Chacin. Our SP hasn't been that great but Kile and Hampton had decent years after leaving Coors Field.

"If I hear Bowie Kuhn say just once more he's doing something for the betterment of baseball, I'm going to throw-up.">Sparky Anderson
    MLB/Rockies/Yankees, Backer