Thread: here we go again..

here we go again..

The A’s have shut down their ace pitcher Sonny Gray for the next three weeks as he deals with a moderate lat strain that takes him out of the running to make Oakland’s Opening Day start on April 3, manager Bob Melvin said Thursday.

the trips to the IR begin...

Quote Originally Posted by mlazar View Post
    The A’s have shut down their ace pitcher Sonny Gray for the next three weeks as he deals with a moderate lat strain that takes him out of the running to make Oakland’s Opening Day start on April 3, manager Bob Melvin said Thursday.

the trips to the IR begin...
    He's done. Hate to say it, but there are too many innings on that arm. Should have moved him at the deadline last year.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Quote Originally Posted by Zito75 View Post
    He's done. Hate to say it, but there are too many innings on that arm. Should have moved him at the deadline last year.
    My optimism for 2016 was based on expected All Star performances by Sonny Grey + Billy Burns. Wow was I ever wrong. Still I hope Sonny finds the way.

Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    My optimism for 2016 was based on expected All Star performances by Sonny Grey + Billy Burns. Wow was I ever wrong. Still I hope Sonny finds the way.
    Billy Burns. Whatever happened to that guy anyway?
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

please delete this post.
    Last edited by anna; 05-14-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    please delete this post.
    Billy Burns was too "slap happy" at the plate...swinging at ball 4, etc. and pitchers finally figured him out. He was traded to KC for Brett Eibner.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...site_menu_link

Billy Burns was too "slap happy" swinging at ball 4 too much, etc. and MLB pitchers figured him out. He was traded to KC for Brett Eibner.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...site_menu_link