Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harper is healthy

Quote Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
    The player Bryce Harper is good for baseball - absolutely. The person Bryce Harper is not. Not until he grows up, and learns the meaning of the word respect.
    Has he been bad lately? I had thought he had grown up a bit.
    "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

Maybe you feel that way because people focused on how he was underperforming and not how he was acting.
    Onward to SunTrust Park!

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    Maybe you feel that way because people focused on how he was underperforming and not how he was acting.
    Perhaps, or maybe it is because he is playing in DC and I don't get to see many of their games. Or maybe the beard has a calming effect.

I just hadn't really heard too much out of him outside the Papelbon fight, and even then I feel like that was much more Papelbon than Harper.
    "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

Quote Originally Posted by sturg1dj View Post
    Perhaps, or maybe it is because he is playing in DC and I don't get to see many of their games. Or maybe the beard has a calming effect.

I just hadn't really heard too much out of him outside the Papelbon fight, and even then I feel like that was much more Papelbon than Harper.
    If memory serves, that's how the fight was reported.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Jeff Sullivan at FG asks: Who do you pick to have a better year, Manny Machado or Bryce Harper? It's an interesting match-up, because they're about the same age, and have about the same career WAR total, but Manny has put up several consistently excellent seasons, while Harper has put up one season for the ages, but has been much less impressive the rest of the time.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/bryce...manny-machado/

Quote Originally Posted by Stolensingle View Post
    Jeff Sullivan at FG asks: Who do you pick to have a better year, Manny Machado or Bryce Harper? It's an interesting match-up, because they're about the same age, and have about the same career WAR total, but Manny has put up several consistently excellent seasons, while Harper has put up one season for the ages, but has been much less impressive the rest of the time.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/bryce...manny-machado/
    I would pick Harper, if he can stay healthy. That's a big if. I hope he can, baseball needs superheroes and Harper has a chance to be one on the highest level.

I think Matt Williams put it out there last year that Harper was hurting. I don't have a source, I just remember reading that. Harper has really only been healthy for two seasons in his career, so his health is far from a guarantee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12