Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Understanding the College Recruiting Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Viking0 View Post
    Doesn't it depend on growth, though? Some kids reach maturity by 8th grade. However, some keep maturing well into high school. I see a vast range at this age with a few freaks who jumped way ahead of everybody, but come back to the pack later. Kids can still add speed to fastballs, for instance, I know a guy who was drafted who was not on anybody's radar until his senior year, because his fastball jumped around 10 mph into the 90s.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking0 View Post
    Doesn't it depend on growth, though? Some kids reach maturity by 8th grade. However, some keep maturing well into high school. I see a vast range at this age with a few freaks who jumped way ahead of everybody, but come back to the pack later. Kids can still add speed to fastballs, for instance, I know a guy who was drafted who was not on anybody's radar until his senior year, because his fastball jumped around 10 mph into the 90s.
    No doubt it's going to be different from kid to kid. Under the "elite" header it says identification and interest. Not "offers made". Hence me saying 8th grade. I guarantee if a kid is playing at a very high level and has the physical aspect to back it up people know about him. That doesn't mean that they're going to rush to make an offer, only that he is on their radar.

Like I said, from the day the first coach expressed interest to the day my son committed was a little over two years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12