Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Regular Season thread

Can't complain how its started so far. Not getting the clutch hit to tie on Sunday was a bummer but at least so far they've done this without meaningful contributions from Sanchez and Bird, who I targeted as the two big guns in the lineup among the newbies. Judge has been outstanding to watch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epaddon View Post
    Can't complain how its started so far. Not getting the clutch hit to tie on Sunday was a bummer but at least so far they've done this without meaningful contributions from Sanchez and Bird, who I targeted as the two big guns in the lineup among the newbies. Judge has been outstanding to watch.
    No doubt. It's been fun to watch so far. I miss Alex but it's nice to see some of the young guys come into their own. We're on pace for 102 wins!
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Now *that* was a great game to watch!

Like John Sterling said, "an improbable comeback. A Bronx Bomber night!"
    The saddest day of the year is the day that baseball season ends.

On October 8, 1956, in game 5 of the 1956 World Series, Don Larsen of the New York Yankees, threw a perfect game against the Brooklyn Dodgers.

And incidentally, I couldn't resist listening afterwards to the Oriole radio network version of the comeback and win. Joe Angel, who had one forgettable year in the Yankee booth with Sterling in 1991, was hilariously bad with an "Oh my goodness" after Castro's tying homer that exceeded any bad use of the phrase Waldman gets ripped for. Doing the postgame wrapup he sounded like he was going to throw a fit.

The Yanks hammer the O's today, 12 to 4. First place, 4 in a row. Hope it continues and Didi looked very good after returning from the DL. We shall see.
    The saddest day of the year is the day that baseball season ends.

On October 8, 1956, in game 5 of the 1956 World Series, Don Larsen of the New York Yankees, threw a perfect game against the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12