Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington Nationals 2017 Season Thread

Thumbs down Monday, April 24th Colorado Rockies 8, Washington Nationals 4

The Washington Nationals see their 6 game winning streak come to a screeching halt in Coors Field in Denver as they are handed an 8-4 loss.

Neither starting pitcher would figure in the decision. For Denver, Tyler Anderson got the starting nod, working 5.2 innings, giving up 6 hits and 4 runs while walking 1 and striking out 5. Carlos Estevez is awarded the win with 1.1 innings of work while Adam Ottavino is credited with a hold. The Rockies sent a total of 4 pitchers to the mound.

For the Nationals, Jacob Turner got the starting nod, pitching 6 innings, giving up 6 hits and 3 runs while striking out 6 and not walking any. Enny Romero is charged with the loss on 0.2 innings of work, surrendering 2 runs and 2 hits. The Nationals would also use 4 pitchers with Blake Trienen surrendering 6 hits and 3 runs in just .1 of an inning, his ERA now very close to 10.00.

In the extra base department, the Rockies got a double from Pat Valakia, a triple from Nolan Arenado and 2 home runs, bith 2 run shots from Charlie Blackmon and Mark Reynolds. The Nationals would counter with doubles from Trea Turner and Jayson Werth, a triple from Adam Eaton and a 2 run homer from Ryan Zimmerman.

The Rockies would pull off 1 double play in the game.

The final line: Colorado 8 runs, 14 hits, 0 errors, Washington 4 runs, 8 hits, 0 errors

Next game: Tuesday, April 25th vs the Rockies in Colorado, game time 8:40PM EDT

Nationals record: 13 wins, 6 losses
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Thumbs up Tuesday, April 25th Nationals 15, Rockies 12

Despite a 66 minute rain delay at the start of the game, some continuing drizzle and cold temperatures more fitting of football season, the weather did not douse the offensive fireworks as the Washington Nationals manage to hang on and defeat the Colorado Rockies by a score of 15 - 12. Washington's Trea Turner hit for the cycle for just the third time in Nationals history and drove in 7 of the Nationals 15 runs.

The night was not a good one for pitchers with the Nationals sending 6 hurlers to the mound, the Rockies 5.

Joe Ross got the start for Washington, working 4.2 innings, giving up 7 hits (Including 2 home runs), 5 runs, walking 2 and striking out 2. Enny Romero would pick up the win, his record now 2 - 1, working 1.1 innings and giving up 1 hit. For Colorado, German Marquez gets the start and the loss having given up 9 hits and 8 runs in just 4 innings. Marquez would walk 3 and strike out 2.

Despite the relative cold, bats were hot - Washington got doubles from Trea Turner, Bryce Harper and Ryan Zimmerman, triples from Turner and Daniel Murphy (Who had 5 RBIs for the evening) and the Turner home run. The Rockies bats were hot as well with 5 doubles coming from the bats of DJ LeMahieu, Nolan Arenado, Pat Valaika, Tony Wolters and Alexi Amarista and 4 home runs courtesy Charlie Blackmon, Carlos González, Mark Reynolds and Gerardo Parra.

Nationals note: In case you were wondering, the other Nationals who have hit for the cycle are Brad Wilkerson in 2005 and Cristian Guzman in 2008.

The final line: Washington 15 runs, 14 hits, 0 errors, Colorado 12 runs, 15 hits, 2 errors

Next game: Wednesday, April 26th vs the Rockies in Colorado, game time 8:40PM EDT

Nationals record: 14 wins, 6 losses
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Thumbs up Wednesday, April 26th Nationals 11, Rockies 4

The Washington Nationals score in double digits for the second night in a row as they defeat the Colorado Rockies 11 - 4.

Tanner Roark gets the starting nod, and the win for Washington, working 5 innings, giving up 2 runs on 5 hits, striking out 4 and walking 4. Roark is now 3 - 0 on the season. The Nationals would send 4 pitchers to the mound. For Colorado, starter Tyler Chatwood is charged with the loss, his record now 2 - 3. Chatwood also worked 5 innings giving up 5 runs on 8 hits while walking 3 and striking out 4. The Rockies would also use 4 pitchers in the game.

Washington's offense stayed hot with Trea Turner and Bryce Harper stroking doubles. Turner would also homer as would Ryan Zimmerman and Daniel Murphy. Harper had a 4 for 4 night while both Murphy and Zimmerman are credited with 3 RBIs. For the Rockies Gerardo Parra doubled.

The Rockies pulled off 2 double plays, the Nationals 1.

The final line: Washington 11 runs, 14 hits, 0 errors, Colorado 4 runs, 8 hits, 3 errors

Next game: Thursday, April 27th, game time 3:10PM EDT

Nationals record: 15 wins, 6 losses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12