Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sox 2017

April 19:

Abreu goes 3 for 4 with two doubles and Tommy Kahnle strikes out all three batters faced. Otherwise not a great night for our Sox as they bow to the Yanks 9-1.

April 20 -

Day off to maybe ponder what moves might be made. Such as how far to pursue Luis Robert.

Not at all a bad road trip at 5-4.

Indians start a 3-game visit tomorrow, 7:10 Friday (Shields/Carrasco scheduled), 6:10 Saturday, 1:10 Sunday.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 04-21-2017 at 03:49 PM.

April 21 -

Nate Jones 1.1 innings, 3 strikeouts no walks no hits no runs. There's dancing in the streets of Butler tonight!

3-0 Cleveland though.

Just my opinion, but it would be nice if the Sox would start scoring some runs.

as of now American League 2017, bottom four teams in runs scored:

LAA 57
    CHW 49
    TOR 45
    KCR 41

League average is 64.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 04-25-2017 at 12:57 AM.

April 22 -

6-1 Cleveland

The Sox have the worst OB% in the major leagues, .272 (major league average is .311)

Seems like something they could work on.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 04-23-2017 at 03:23 PM.

April 23 -

Sox over Cleveland 6-2. A pleasant April afternoon in Chicago, mid-60s and sunny - made even those 1980s softball team uniforms they wore today look good.

Todd Frazier steals his first base of the season, Tim Anderson and A. Garcia hit doubles.

Holland gives up 3 hits, 1 run (earned), walks 3 & strikes out 6 in six innings; bullpen combines for 3 hits, 1 run (earned), 2 BB, 5 K in three innings.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 04-23-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westsidegrounds View Post
    April 23 -

Sox over Cleveland 6-2. A pleasant April afternoon in Chicago, mid-60s and sunny - made even those 1980s softball team uniforms they wore today look good.

Todd Frazier steals his first base of the season, Tim Anderson and A. Garcia hit doubles.

Holland gives up 3 hits, 1 run (earned), walks 3 & strikes out 6 in six innings; bullpen combines for 3 hits, 1 run (earned), 2 BB, 5 K in three innings.
    Great job on the updates.

I don't know what is more painful, watching us hit or Abreu field. Either makes me want to retch.

Trade A. Garcia right now! He might have some trade value. If he hits 0.280 at the end of the season, I'll be pretty surprised. He looks like a poor man's Carlos Lee.
    "Let me tell you the story of the 1999 Cubs. On June 9, they were 32-24, leading the Wild Card race, and looked bound for another playoff appearance. Then the White Sox came to Wrigley for the Crosstown Series and swept them. They finished 67-95."

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for three days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Thank you!

I hope Avisail stays around though, he and Davidson are the only Sox hitting over .250. Without him the squad might set some kind of all-time non-scoring record, which would be unduly cruel to the pitching staff, which aside from Quintana is doing a good job under trying circumstances.

April 24 -

An 8-run 6th puts the capper on a 12-1 rout of the Royals. Matt Davidson, DHing in the 7 spot, was the standout at 3 for 4 with 1 double, 1 HR and 4 RBI, and pretty much everybody did some hitting.

Miguel Gonzalez went 8 giving up 2 hits 1 run (unearned), walked 1, struck out 5. Anthony Swarzak closed it out with a perfect 9th.

April 25 -

Kansas City threatens in the 9th, but the Sox hold on to win 10-5. Another "everybody hits" night.

Dan Jennings picks up the win to go 2-0 this year.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 04-26-2017 at 08:14 PM.

April 26

Sox over K.C. 5-2 FTS!

Home runs by Avisail & Leury G.

Nice outing from Jose Quintana - 6 innings, 5 hits, 2 runs (1 earned), 2 walks and 10 strikeouts.

Bullpen looks good again with 3 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K.

April 27 -

Off day today.

Sox will be in Detroit for the weekend, 6:10 Central time Friday, day games (12:10 Central) Saturday and Sunday. Then to Kansas City and Baltimore, a 10-game road trip in all.

The White Sox are currently 11-9, 1st in the American League Central Division.

If A. Garcia turns around his career, I'd be surprised. Trade him now if we can...get something for him.

My sources in the team (admittedly not as good as in the late 1990's-2010 era) say he isn't the most beloved player of all time on the team, so I think a lot of people wouldn't mind him going.
    "Let me tell you the story of the 1999 Cubs. On June 9, they were 32-24, leading the Wild Card race, and looked bound for another playoff appearance. Then the White Sox came to Wrigley for the Crosstown Series and swept them. They finished 67-95."

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for three days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

April 28 -

7-3 for the Sox at Detroit.

Tim Anderson 2 RBI 1 HR 1 2B, A. Garcia with 2 RBI and a 3 for 5 night including a homer, Geovany Soto 2 RBI, Todd Frazier a solo homer.

Starter Mike Pelfrey a bit shaky in 4.2 but again quite excellent work from the relievers: 4.1 IP, 1 hit, no walks no runs, five strikeouts. Two perfect innings from Anthony Swarzak earn him the win.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; Yesterday at 09:09 PM.

I'm starting to feel like my drafting Anderson was a wasted pick. Still plenty of time for him to pay off but I thought he was more developed than he is apparently.
    2016 World Series Champions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12