Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sox 2017

Never mind!
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 05-06-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westsidegrounds View Post
    I'm going to be really busy for a while & won't be able to update properly. If anybody wants to take over please do!
    I'm going out of town for a bit, but thanks for keeping a log of our games. Will be useful later in the season. Well done my friend!

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop - our pitching can't keep outperforming our hitting all year when it counts.
    "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur"

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for three days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

May 4 - Abreu homers in the first with one on to get the Sox started on an 8-3 win for a 2-2 series split with the Royals. Matt Davidson adds a HR in the 2nd.

Nice work by Derek Holland, giving up just 3 hits, 2 runs (1 earned), and a walk while striking out 7 in 6.2 innings.

For the Royals, Alex Gordon sets a club record by being HBP for the 79th time.
    Last edited by westsidegrounds; 05-06-2017 at 07:57 PM.

May 5 -

Sox mount a comeback in the last couple of innings at Baltimore, but fall short 4-2.

12 hits, but only one for extra bases (a double by Abreu), and 10 runners left on.

Starter Miguel Gonzalez does well, 6.2 IP with 6 hits, 2 runs (earned), a walk & five Ks.

May 6 -

The Sox put up a fight, coming back from a 4-0 deficit after 2, but can't pick up the tying run in the ninth. Orioles take it 6-5.

Cody Asche gets his first HR of the season, Abreu his fifth. All 6 runs (earned) charged to starter Dylan Covey on 10 hits in 4 innings (plus 2 batters faced in the 5th, no outs). Three solid relief IP from Chris Beck (2 hits, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts) and a perfect 8th from Tommy Kahnle (ERA 0.82).

May 7 -

And the road trip ends on kind of a down note with the Good Guys getting shut out 4-0 by the Orioles. A perhaps somewhat frustrated Rick Renteria got the thumb in the third, apparently his first regular-season ejection as Sox manager.

Jose Quintana goes five and gives up 9 hits, 4 runs (all earned) 3 walks, 4 strikeouts.

Bullpen excellent again with 2 hits, one strikeout, no runs in 3 IP.

Monday's off; next up, a brief homestand against the Twins and the Padres.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123