Thread: Classic baseball on the radio youtube channel

Classic baseball on the radio youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVS...4l-medA/videos

I think it's all the classic baseball radio broadcasts from The Miley collection.

Hope you enjoy.

At least one of the games on this channel - 4/14/62, Pirates at Mets, the second-ever Mets home game, has not been released as part of the Miley Collection (to my knowledge, at least).
    X
    Archie Bunker: All I can tell you, Edith, is I'm surprised at you! Dragging me off to a moving picture like that! It was absolutely disgusting!
    Edith Bunker: Well, I'm sorry, Archie, how was I to know? I thought it was a religious picture, "Cardinal Knowledge!"

I think the same guy has a second channel, just called Baseball Classics, which has a bunch of televised games from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.
    "Last season, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!" -Jack Eliot

Did you mean April 14th? That one has been in circulation for years and is part of the baseballtapes.com collection.

Really what he is doing is posting for free what someone else (Miley and Danrick) is selling. The profit incentive drove those guys to uncover games and sell them. Without that incentive I doubt if more than a couple of dozen of those games would be available for the masses to hear. I suppose posting a few does little harm but this is way beyond that. With the market flooded with free games there will be little reason for Miley and Danrick to release new items or even stay in business for that matter. I know John Miley is stil has dozens of reels of unreleased games. We would be better served if he stayed in business and he released them instead of closing up.

Now this guy with the YouTube channel were to post something someone recorded at home and isn't for sale by anyone that would be something and a real contribution.
    Last edited by apbaball; 05-17-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apbaball View Post
    Did you mean April 14th? That one has been in circulation for years and is part of the baseballtapes.com collection.

Really what he is doing is posting for free what someone else (Miley and Danrick) is selling. The profit incentive drove those guys to uncover games and sell them. Without that incentive I doubt if more than a couple of dozen of those games would be available for the masses to hear. I suppose posting a few does little harm but this is way beyond that. With the market flooded with free games there will be little reason for Miley and Danrick to release new items or even stay in business for that matter. I know John Miley is stil has dozens of reels of unreleased games. We would be better served if he stayed in business and he released them instead of closing up.

Now this guy with the YouTube channel were to post something someone recorded at home and isn't for sale by anyone that would be something and a real contribution.
    Hope Miley does come out with more games. I have classic cards games from the 34 and 42 world series and a Cards/Cubs game from 1936 (Mize's rookie year).