Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Ichiro Thread

Blog Entries

2 Games played now and Zero starts for Ichiro with the Marlins. Was this a bad decision on his part to sign with them or was Miami the only team that showed any interest him this past winter. In his place, I'd have held out for an American league team where he could get additional at bats as a DH.
    His chances of reaching 3,000 hits even if he plays in 2016 are beginning to dim.

Blog Entries
    Ichiro plays for the Marlins now, not the Mariners. You should probably post about his current situation in either the Marlins forum or the Current Events forum. He hasn't played for the Mariners since July of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Anybody that would love to have him can. He is terrible. He should have retired 5 years ago.
    Hey, NJ Yankee Fan: Ichiro just went 4 for 8 against your Yankees. That hardly fits the description of a player that according to you "should have retired five years ago".

Quote Originally Posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
    Hey, NJ Yankee Fan: Ichiro just went 4 for 8 against your Yankees. That hardly fits the description of a player that according to you "should have retired five years ago".
    Even Stephen Drew can have a good game. Suzuki is still terrible.

Even Stephen Drew can have a good game. Suzuki is still terrible.
    You are harsh on any older player, and you should like them. You're around Ichiro's age (me too). Watching him makes me feel young.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    You are harsh on any older player, and you should like them. You're around Ichiro's age (me too). Watching him makes me feel young.
    No. I am fair about players who should have retired years ago.

I enjoy watching the older guys that still perform. Mo and Andy fit that bill.

I grew up halfway between Philly and NY so followed the Yanks and the Phils. I hated watching Carlton and Rose in their last years. I hated the way Torre overused Bernie at the end.

No. I am fair about players who should have retired years ago.

I enjoy watching the older guys that still perform. Mo and Andy fit that bill.

I grew up halfway between Philly and NY so followed the Yanks and the Phils. I hated watching Carlton and Rose in their last years. I hated the way Torre overused Bernie at the end.
    But Ichiro isn't that bad. He's hitting close to .300 and is amazingly fast and good defensively for a man his age.
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    But Ichiro isn't that bad. He's hitting close to .300 and is amazingly fast and good defensively for a man his age.
    His defense is so so at this point. Batting average really is not a good stat. He does not walk and has no power. He has a very empty average.

Missed this the other day, but congrats to Ichiro on his 500th Stolen Base!

He is currently sitting 53 hits away from 3000 and has been decent in his limited role so far this season and should be able to reach that mark this year!

Ichiro has the 2nd most hits from age 27 on (when he joined the league), behind only Pete Rose.

He currently has 4225 professional hits, just behind Pete's 4256, also a number he should surpass this year.
    Last edited by Edgartohof; 05-05-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Congrats to Ichiro on his 4257th career hit!

おめでとう、イチロー!

The breakdown of Ichiro's 3,000 hits by team:

Seattle Mariners 2,533 hits (11 1/2 seasons); New York Yankees 311 hits; (2 1/2) seasons, 156 hits (1 2/3 seasons).

In a sense he'll always be a Mariner, but it's been a joy to see him make slow, but steady progress and ultimately achieve his goal for us fans in Florida. I tune in to Marlins games each night to see how he'd doing. That was an attraction for me even last year, before things started to come together for the Marlins as a team this year.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849