Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Pilot Pics and sites...

Some great Pilots photos from a BBF member's site!

Check out these great Pilots photos from the website of a BBF.com member:

GH1054's Pilots Photos

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom for page #2!
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

almost a new Pilots photo

Here's a great one of Steve Hovley taken in April of 1970....he's on the Brewers but you can see the "P" has been scratched off of his helmet.

Steve

Just testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Pilots book

The 1969 Seattle Pilots; Baseball's One-Year Team has arrived. I received my 10 author's copies yesterday. I hope all of the Pilots' fans out there will enjoy it. It was a labor of love for me and I'd love your feedback. I wish the publisher (McFarland) had allowed color photos but I am not in a position to "Call the shots". There are the familiar Pilot photos along with never seen before photos including action shots. I think you will find the interviews at the end of the book both informative and at times funny. Thanks guys (& gals).

Kenny Hogan

Thumbs up

Thanks for the timely reminder, Kenny! I just went to Borders.com and saw they have it listed-in fact, when I searched on "Seattle Pilots" your tome was the first one listed!

While I'll remain loyal to my beloved Washington Senators I'll definitely have to pick this one up-although I STILL haven't forgotten that the Pilots had their ONLY winning record against the Senators in 1969!
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 04-11-2007 at 06:31 AM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Pilots History

The history of the Seattle Pilots! A great addition to any Pilots fan library.
    Last edited by Tailwind Tommy; 11-13-2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Editing photo

Tommy Harper

Here is a 1970 Topps Tommy Harper card
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

1970 Topps Poster Don Mincher

Here is a nice 1970 topps poster of Don Mincher with the seattle pilots. these were done before the teams move to Milwaukee that year.
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Blog Entries

New link

Here is the updated gasoline alley link:
    http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com...all/pilots.htm

That Pilots "spinner charm" is an especially attractive piece. Out of my budget unfortunately.

Pilots Press Pass

I saw this in an auction a few years back. It has a credit-card look to it. I would assume that it's pretty rare. Enjoy! ~B

Blog Entries

Topps Vault - Seattle Pilot - Buzz Stephen

1970 Topps Orig. Color Negative. Buzz Stephen PILOTS Item number: 190204248978

Circa. 1970 Topps Baseball Original Color Negative: Buzz Stephen

http://images.auctionhelper.com/imag...6/cc/cc391.jpg

American Memorabilia has a 1969 team-issued Pilots cap up for auction now.

1969 A.L. Stolen Base Leader

Here's a photo of Tailwind Tommy with one of his 73

Jerry McNertney Goes After A Pop Fly

Here's a photo of Jerry McNertney

Spring Training Photos

Hey, y'all. New here.

Came across some cool photos from Spring Training 1969. Whoever posted them seems to have forgotten to caption them correctly as it seems all but one are labeled John Morris. It looks to me as though only two are actually John Morris (left-handed with sideburns). 5 Jack Akers (right-handed) and looks like 4 Steve Barbers (left-handed, no sideburns). Sample photo (Aker) attached. So few Pilots photos out there, every one counts.

http://www.faketeams.com/photos/fant...-links-3-2-12/

Jack Aker 3.jpg

Photos are credited to Darryl Norenberg-US PRESSWIRE.
    Last edited by esplanade; 03-09-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    light blue numerals really stand out. And it looks like the belt matches the numerals. See this picture here: http://www.faketeams.com/photos/fant...3-2-12/3078169

Thanks for the photos, E!

You've identified these photos correctly. Thanks for sharing.

Spring Training Photos
    Hey, y'all. New here.

Came across some cool photos from Spring Training 1969. Whoever posted them seems to have forgotten to caption them correctly as it seems all but one are labeled John Morris. It looks to me as though only two are actually John Morris (left-handed with sideburns). 5 Jack Akers (right-handed) and looks like 4 Steve Barbers (left-handed, no sideburns). Sample photo (Aker) attached. So few Pilots photos out there, every one counts.

http://www.faketeams.com/photos/fant...-links-3-2-12/
    Last edited by pilots1969; 03-18-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Pilots B&W negatives on eBay (plus more custom cards)

There have been a number of B&W negatives posted to ebay in recent weeks. I've been posting them to Baseball Birthdays. My facial recognition skills are crap (they are listed on ebay simply as "Pilots player"), but most of them are identifiable (Donaldson, Goossen, Gus Gil, etc.). A couple of them, I have no clue. Most especially the guy attached to this post. Perhaps Tailwind Tommy or some of the other Pilots faithful can do better. I think the pics are from the August series at RFK. In any case, check the full set at Baseball Birthdays for some Pilots pics you might not have seen before.

I've also been posting a set of Pilots cards (one at a time) elsewhere on the Baseball Birthdays site. Some good, some bad, some colorized, some photoshopped (or whatever the GIMP equivalent of "photoshopped" would be). They're in the style of 1971 Topps. Worth a peek, I think. I think some of the later ones are better than some of the earlier ones, but who knows?

Blog Entries
    Whos the guy with the horn-rimmed glasses? A classic, that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aa3rt View Post
    Check out these great Pilots photos from the website of a BBF.com member:

GH1054's Pilots Photos

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom for page #2!

You mean this guy? Gene Brabender. The color picture with the dark framed glasses is Rich Rollins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123