Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite Minor League team?

Some comments after reviewing this thread:
    (1) Enjoy the Vancouver Canadians while you can, there's serious talk about tearing down Nat Bailey Stadium and putting a curling venue there; upon hearing this, by the way, Canadian poet laureate George Bowering stated, "It's a dreadful, awful place, but it's where baseball is, eh? It's a baseball park. What are they going to put in there, curling? Come on! This is not Winnipeg, this is Vancouver. Curling! Who is going to curl?"
    (2) The North Shore Spirit is not a Minor League Baseball team. It is a member of the independent Can-Am League.
    (3) The Yuma Scorpions is not Class A or otherwise a Minor League Baseball team. It is a member of the independent Golden Baseball League.
    (4) The Minor League team in Des Moines was known as the Iowa Oaks from 1969-1981.
    (5) The Minor League team in Spokane was known as the Indians throughout its affiliation with the Dodgers. Spokane was never known formally as the Dodgers.
    (6) If I lived in Texas and was a fan of Chicago sports teams, I would frequent Houston to cheer on the Cubs when they came to town, Arlington when the White Sox came to town, and so forth for the Bears, Bulls and Black Hawks, and I would check the college schedules religiously to see if by some chance the Illini were to play any non-conference games anywhere in the area.
    (7) The Lancaster Barnstormers is not a Minor League Baseball team. It is a member of the independent Atlantic League.

Holyoke Millers!!!

They ruled the AA Eastern League for two years in the early 80's and then moved to God knows where.
    Now I'd have to say the Chatham A's of the Cape Cod League. So many major leaguers have played Cape ball it's insane.
    Although I do think the Albuquerque Isotopes have a great name.

'TOPES WIN!!! THE 'TOPES WIN!!!

Holyoke Millers, Chatham A's

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitzell
    They ruled the AA Eastern League for two years in the early 80's and then moved to God knows where.
    Now I'd have to say the Chatham A's of the Cape Cod League.
    The Holyoke Millers played from 1977-80 as a Brewers farm team and in 1981-82 as an Angels affilliate before the team was moved to Nashua.
    The Chatham A's is an amateur collegiate summer league team and is not a Minor League Baseball team.

I like the Lansing Lugnuts. (A)

Quote Originally Posted by runningshoes53
    Buffalo Bisons

there ass is grass in a week! rochester red wings will be the suckiest team to make the playoffs

also i like the modesto nuts and the brooklyn cyclones

I like The Richmond Braves and the Daytona Cubs.
    People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. -Rogers Hornsby

Fresno Grizzlies!

Because I have lived in Fresno my whole life (don't let media people fool you; Fresno is a GREAT place to live) and the Grizzlies just happen to be the AAA team of my Giants, the Fresno Grizzlies are my favorite Minor League team. Although the last five years or so it has been sort of a joke rooting for them...you know they're going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless1920
    ....there's serious talk about tearing down Nat Bailey Stadium and putting a curling venue there....
    It is with much pleasure that I can emend my previous comment noted above. I visited Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver for a ballgame last week, and the curling venue was being built on an adjacent parcel of land and Nat Bailey has formally and officially been spared. Currently funding is being arranged for some improvements to the grand old yard. This is wonderful news as Nat Bailey is a terrific ballpark with great fans.

my favorite team is the Winnipeg Goldeyes of the Northern League (independent)

mine are chattanooga lookouts and vancouver canadians
    Gone but never to be forgotten
    Montreal Expos 1969-2004.

"I don't even try to fool anybody. I just throw the knuckleball 85 to 90 percent of the time. You don't need variations, because the damn ball jumps around so crazily, it's like having a hundred pitches." --- Hoyt Wilhelm

West Tenn Diamond Jaxx. I like them because I played as them a lot on my video game. I also like the Uniforms. Anyone know where I can get one?
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

I like the Tacoma Raniers (AAA) of the Seattle Mariners org.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees rule
    What made you go to Texas?
    Probably punishment for some discretion.

Bob

My favorite team minor league team has to be the Jacksonville Suns this year since they had an unbelieveable amount of talented Dodger farmhands

My favorite minor league team is the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons. I'm from the Scranton, PA area and I've watched players like Pat Burrell, Johnny Estrada, Dave Hollins and Chase Utley step through there before playing for Philadelphia. Also, in their first game ever (they were an expansion team to the International League in the late 80's), Curt Schilling pitched against them. He was with the Rochester Red Wings at the time. They made it to the IL/PCL World Series but I believe the games were cancelled due to the 9/11 attacks.

Blog Entries
    The Bowie Baysox are my favorite minor league time. (Affaliate of the Orioles)
    Their stadium is very child friendly. Thats why I loved bringing my son there. (Playground off the right field line).

My favorite is the Portland Sea Dogs because I live like 20 miles away from Hadlock and they're the affiliate of Boston. My cousin would say the Montgomery Biscuits beacuse of the nickname.

Yankeebiscuitfan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RamMan12
    My favorite is the Portland Sea Dogs because I live like 20 miles away from Hadlock and they're the affiliate of Boston. My cousin would say the Montgomery Biscuits beacuse of the nickname.
    I already like your cousin

Las Vegas 51's, Tampa Yankees.

My favorite team is the Potomac Nationals. I am a single guy living in a community geared towards married couples and families. Going to see the Potomac games is fun for me because it is entertainment for me without having to go into DC, like most other young singles do. (Not that I am not a baseball fan, but I like the Potomac Nationals because I live 15 minutes from the stadium.)

Los Angeles, CA (I won't say which community)

Hmmmm....

You Give me alot to think about.
    I like so many different teams.
    Of those are the Pawtucket Red Sox, Portland Sea Dogs, Las Vegas 51s, and many more. PM me for more.

I enjoyed the Piedmont Boll Weevils while they lasted. Still have a pennant!

Hands down, my favorite minor league team is the Montgomery Biscuits.
    CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

I was a fan of the Mudville Nine (A- Cal) until they changed their name and swapped owners with the Visalia Oaks. I've tried to support the Oaks, but I can't garner the same feeling for them.

The other Minor League team I have a soft spot for are the Nashville Sounds, in fact I follow them quite intently (moreso than I did the Nine).
    Last edited by brewcrew82; 08-19-2006 at 08:07 AM.

I grew up in Idaho, and have been a Boise Hawks fan since the early 90s. I've been a Cubs fan for many years as well, so when the Hawks became a Cubs affiliate in 2001, I became a Hawks fan for life.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast