Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multi-Sport Minor Leaguers

How about Bo Jackson???

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    Bill Sharman played several years in the minors, making it as far as AAA.
    Correction: Bill Sharman made the major leagues with the Brooklyn Dodgers and rode the pine for 3 games at the end of the 1951 season. He was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the season's last game, and he remains the only major league PLAYER to be thrown out of a game without ever playing in a major league game.

Quote Originally Posted by tommydale1
    Correction: Bill Sharman made the major leagues with the Brooklyn Dodgers and rode the pine for 3 games at the end of the 1951 season. He was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the season's last game, and he remains the only major league PLAYER to be thrown out of a game without ever playing in a major league game.
    as far as anyone knows that is true - it is possible that it happened earlier and we don't about it

Pro Bowlers

Candinotti and John Burkett both tried professional bowling, but only on the regional level. I remember Burkett bowling in the World's Championship, which is open to all professionals whereas bowlers need to qualify for other tour stops. He didn't do anything good and obviously has never made the TV or even a cut for that matter, but he did bowl professionally, as I'm sure many other baseball players have. There are alot of similarities between bowling and pitching.
    Chairman Emeritus of the r/baseballHOF

Quote Originally Posted by EricGotMunsoned
    There are alot of similarities between bowling and pitching.
    Ah, so you were watching the Indians pitchers in the 70s and 80s too
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Bet you guys didn't know this one. He stopped playing baseball in the 8th grade and went of to college to to follow his future in football. After 2 years of playing college a guy by the name of Michael Vick got drafted by the Rockies in 2000 30th round pick without play baseball since 8th grade.... Thats how good of a arm this guy has.. luckly he never played proball...
    Last edited by MiamiBaseball; 02-06-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12