Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on the Farm

1. Quote Originally Posted by DoubleX
    With the way Hughes is going, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him given a shot later this year if someone in the rotation goes down. It'll almost definitely be premature, but it will be nice to see him.
    Cashman ruled him out as pitching this year in an interview on Mike and the Maddog. Small would probably still be the replacement. The good thing about him being in AAA is that he won`t be horrible rusty when he is needed, check out his numbers they're fantastic. 7 IP, ERA below 3.00

Blog Entries
    Trading Hughes?
    For Pujols...that's a no-brainer. But a trade like that can only happen at the comfort of your own computer using Baseball Mogul or Inside the Park. LOL

I think I would part with Hughes for Liriano or Johann.
    Of course the Hughes trade would only signal the initial offer and more would have to be offered.

Hughes has plenty of upside and is showing very good promise...but Liriano is already doing "it" at the Big League Level.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks
    Trading Hughes?
    For Pujols...that's a no-brainer. But a trade like that can only happen at the comfort of your own computer using Baseball Mogul or Inside the Park. LOL

I think I would part with Hughes for Liriano or Johann.
    Of course the Hughes trade would only signal the initial offer and more would have to be offered.

Hughes has plenty of upside and is showing very good promise...but Liriano is already doing "it" at the Big League Level.
    Well, my love for exagerration has caught up with me, so yes, you could somehow force my hand to sending Hughes away from Albert Pujols if asked nicely.

Anyway, Liriano is dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind, but I'd still ask if they'd accept another package of players. The thought of both pitching here in 2007 seems a bit too intriguing.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly
    Well, my love for exagerration has caught up with me, so yes, you could somehow force my hand to sending Hughes away from Albert Pujols if asked nicely.

Anyway, Liriano is dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind, but I'd still ask if they'd accept another package of players. The thought of both pitching here in 2007 seems a bit too intriguing.
    Im sure that the Cards would need to twist your arm to take Pujols off their hands.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

With Chacon struggling bigtime, Wright unable to go more than 5 IP, and Randy Johnson being inconsistent, I think it's time the Yankees gave Jorge DePaula another shot at the rotation. His minor league numbers are pretty good this year and he seems to be finally recovered from Tommy John surgery.

161st St & River Ave (by way of Northern NJ)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks
    Im sure that the Cards would need to twist your arm to take Pujols off their hands.
    Me, I'd only take that kinda deal if they threw in Chris Carpenter and Jim Edmonds also. In further news, one of the Yankee Mods here has gone bonkers, and it may not necessarily be XX.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleX
    With Chacon struggling bigtime, Wright unable to go more than 5 IP, and Randy Johnson being inconsistent, I think it's time the Yankees gave Jorge DePaula another shot at the rotation. His minor league numbers are pretty good this year and he seems to be finally recovered from Tommy John surgery.
    Someone mentioned that Steve White may be ready to go. Right now, we cannot compete with this type of rotation. If all we can get is 2-4 innings, we could just as easily put Farnsworth into our rotation for the same results.

Right now, whether debated or not, Moose, Wang and Johnson must be feeling some pressure to perform and eat innings.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 07-05-2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Blog Entries
    I think it's time to send Chacon back to the bullpen and pitching in Mop ups or 6th innings until he can regain his form.

Jaret Wright...can do the same.

I'd give Kris Wilson a shot or two to earn a spot. He's having a good season down @ AAA.

I also wouldn't mind seeing JB Cox up. Since he's supposed to be the Heir to Mo...it'd be a good time to give him some innings.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone noticed Brett Gardner?

Also.....When the hell is J.Brent Cox due for a visit to NY?
    57.1 Innings
    1.57 ERA
    5 - 2 WL
    0.96 WHIP
    7.2 Ks/9

9. Kevin Reese is out for the season

Quote Originally Posted by Rickey_Henderson
    Kevin Reese is out for the season
    Really? What's his injury? At his age (28) and depending on his injury, this could mark the end of his career. I hope he's able to recover and battle back.

11. Quote Originally Posted by DoubleX
    Really? What's his injury? At his age (28) and depending on his injury, this could mark the end of his career. I hope he's able to recover and battle back.
    I think shoulder.

At this point, I can't see a trade in the real world that makes any sense whatsoever. None. The team is in second, well in contention, and major talent is on the mend. Wright's been told by Guidry to throw his best stuff for six innings and let the other guys work, and that's just what he's doing lately, with pretty good results. Mussina is just terrific, Wang also. Johnson still eats up innings most of the time and is showing flashes of himself, and could have a good second half. What can you say about Mo? There are potentialy good arms in rehab and patiently working their way back. The offense has clubbed Chicago for 20 runs in two games, and actually bunted three consecutive times in a single inning. Can anyone with the records please tell us the last time any Yankee team did that? I nearly fainted.

The discipline and restraint being shown is admirable; let's hope it stays that way. If Cashman folds his cards and walks away from the table before the deadline, I'm totally behind him. This team and organization already has all it needs to win.

Blog Entries
    ARod pulls out the whippin stick!!

3-1 Yanks!
    Are Yanks gonna open the closet and bring out the brooms against the ChiSox?

ARod's march to 2000 is now.....T-Minus 5!!

Hey! I think Bronson Sardinha got promoted to AAA. It looks like he went 1/4 in his first game. Congrats? Good news???

Blog Entries
    What were his numbers in AA?

And what's his position currently? Last I knew he played 3B, OF too.
    I could have also sworn he was a catcher.

16. Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks
    What were his numbers in AA?

And what's his position currently? Last I knew he played 3B, OF too.
    I could have also sworn he was a catcher.
    No idea. I only keep tabs on AAA pitchers with a few exceptions.

Blog Entries
    Last Game: 5.0 3 0 0 1 9 2.57 - W (6-3)

5 Innings, 3 Hits, 1 BB, 9 K's.
    Yanks have limited Hughes to only 5Innings per game, Max.

__

Duncan, Eric 1B ............ 4 1 3 2 .276 - HR (6)
    3 for 4.

AVG seems to be going up.
    Seems like the demotion did him some good.

Cashman, call up Jorge DePaula and give him a shot at the rotation!!!

Blog Entries
    Got numbers for him??

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast