Thread: RIP Bill King

RIP Bill King

Longtime A's announcer Bill King Passed away today from complications from hip surgery.
    Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
    www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

I am just now hearing of Bill King's passing. An earlier post I had, questioned why I wasn't hearing him on broadcasts. I am a fan of baseball on the radio, and Mr. Bill King was one of the best. I loved his calls of Warriors games the best....HOLY TOLEDO!!!!!!! May God bless his soul, his family, and those who loved him.......

There's an article on Bill King right here.

RIP Bill King.You will be missed.

Man, this hurts. I didn't see this coming at all.

Rest in peace, you'll be missed... Godspeed!
    We own the West!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

a true legend.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

It's quite a shame that this man wasn't honored earlier , and is not already in either the Football ,Baseball , or Basketball HOF's for sportscasters..Ken Korach is a fine announcer but it won't be the same listening to A's games on the radio without Bill King...

Bill King is Bay Area legend. He was a well-known Raider announcer before he began broadcasting the A's, and he used to broadcast the NBA Golden State Warriors, too. He had a fantastic career. Anyone of us would consider ourselves very fortunate to have lived the life that he did.

The A's will be wearing a patch on their uniforms this year featuring a microphone and the words "HOLY TOLEDO" in his honor.