Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: How did your team fare the day you were born?

Heres the Best of players born on Janurary 12 team....

C Tom Kinslow
    1B Henry Larkin
    2B Casey Candale
    SS Bobby Crosby
    3B Tim Hulett
    OF Mike Marshall
    OF George Browne
    OF Terry Whitfield

P Dontrell Willis
    P Randy Jones
    P Togie Pittinger
    P Nat Hudson
    P Luis Ayala

Not very good.

3/9/1995 I don't know how to figure out what the braves did during spring training. But it was the offseason after their world series victory.
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxVT92
    Heres the Best of players born on Janurary 12 team....

C Tom Kinslow
    1B Henry Larkin
    2B Casey Candale
    SS Bobby Crosby
    3B Tim Hulett
    OF Mike Marshall
    OF George Browne
    OF Terry Whitfield

P Dontrell Willis
    P Randy Jones
    P Togie Pittinger
    P Nat Hudson
    P Luis Ayala

Not very good.
    Ed Swartwood, and minor leaguer Joe Hauser MIGHT have been a good big leaguer
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Blog Entries
    I moved this thread to the new forum, I hope to keep it going with interesting info from the day you were born....

Enjoy this unique style thread.
    BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by CubsHub
    I moved this thread to the new forum, I hope to keep it going with interesting info from the day you were born....

Enjoy this unique style thread.
    Thanks for the bump, did I do your b-day, CubsHub?
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond
    Thanks for the bump, did I do your b-day, CubsHub?
    Yeah thanks, AJ.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Im sure nothing was happening on March 26th of 1975. All I know my grandfather got his work scheldule for Shea Stadium [lol] My mother was April 5th, 1947 and usually around opening day (she grew up at Ebbets field, my grandfather wouldnt let her go to the polo grounds, and was at every opening day at Shea till she got married in 68). Gil Hodges gave her his 1st baseman mit as a birthday present.

My Birthday is May 14, 1957. My Yankees were idle.
    As I probably have told you guys a few times, In 1967 on that day Mickey Mantle hit his 500th homerun with some 10 year old blond hair blue eyed boy in the stands getting the thrill of his young life.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

I was born the same month that Josef Stalin died. (I won't editorialize, but my views on that event are, I'm confident, shared by the overwhelming majority of this thread's users.) I was born 18 days after he checked out. That was about 22 days too early to have been part of the N.Y. Giants' 1953 baseball season.

BHN

Hank Aaron86
    I believe that their world Series win happened when you were 7 months old. So your birth was before, not after that win.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

October 3, 1954 The Blue Jays weren't even thought of yet. I'll have to look up and see what the Cardinals were up to on that day.

The Cards didn't make the post season that year so they were idle, however, future Cardinal pitcher, Dennis Eckersley was born on this day as well.
    Last edited by starkeeper; 07-13-2006 at 04:06 AM.

Thursday 24th August 1989

On the day when I was born in Everton, Liverpool over in the US...

Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban from MLB for gambling!!!

Also on my birthday, not exact date, so 24th August (not year)...

1957 - Hank Aaron hit his 1st Grand Slam!

1960 - Cal Ripken Jr is born!

1976 - Mariners is chosen as Seattle's franchise nickname!

WOW - Lots of interesting stuff happened on this day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepingBaseball
    Im sure nothing was happening on March 26th of 1975.
    You share a birthday with Kevin Seitzer and Negro Leaguer Lester Lockett. 24 years before you were born Mickey Mantle supposedly hit a 660' HR in an exhibition game. You are about a month younger than Livan Hernandez, 9 days older than Scott Rolen. Frank Robinson was hired as manager 13 days before you were born,

<My mother was April 5th, 1947 and usually around opening day (she grew up at Ebbets field, my grandfather wouldnt let her go to the polo grounds, and was at every opening day at Shea till she got married in 68).>

She shares a birthday with Bill Dinneen, Wid Conroy, Ron Hansen. The ML pension plan was adopted 4 days before she was born, the All American Girls Professional Baseball League allowed sidearm pitching 2 days before she was born, Leo Durocher was suspended for the rest of the season when she was 4? days old, the Dodgers bought Jackie Robinson's contract from Montreal when she was 5 days old, and we all know what Jackie did five days after that

Quote Originally Posted by RuthMayBond
    and we all know what Jackie did five days after that
    WHAT?? NO I'm only jokin

Quote Originally Posted by soberdennis
    My Birthday is May 14, 1957. My Yankees were idle.
    You share a birthday with Ed Walsh, Earle Combs, Tony Perez, Dennis Martinez AND Roy Halladay. McDougald hit Herb Score with the line drive a week before you were born. You are two days younger than Lou Whitaker and two weeks older than Kirk Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballHistoryNut
    I was born the same month that Josef Stalin died. (I won't editorialize, but my views on that event are, I'm confident, shared by the overwhelming majority of this thread's users.) I was born 18 days after he checked out. That was about 22 days too early to have been part of the N.Y. Giants' 1953 baseball season.

BHN
    You share a birthday with Joe Gunson, Gavvy Cravath, a couple of good Japanese players, Lee May and George Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by starkeeper
    October 3, 1954 The Blue Jays weren't even thought of yet. I'll have to look up and see what the Cardinals were up to on that day.

The Cards didn't make the post season that year so they were idle, however, future Cardinal pitcher, Dennis Eckersley was born on this day as well.
    You share a birthday with Fred Clarke and Blue Jay Dave Winfield. I don't wanna talk about what Willie Mays did to my Tribe 4 days before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by Outta Here
    On the day when I was born in Everton, Liverpool over in the US...

Pete Rose was given a lifetime ban from MLB for gambling!!!

Also on my birthday, not exact date, so 24th August (not year)...

1957 - Hank Aaron hit his 1st Grand Slam!

1960 - Cal Ripken Jr is born!

1976 - Mariners is chosen as Seattle's franchise nickname!

WOW - Lots of interesting stuff happened on this day!!!
    You share a birthday with Harry Hooper and Tim Salmon. Also
    1886 - Cap Anson scored 6 runs in 1 game
    1905 - Ed Reulbach & Tully Sparks both went the distance in a TWENTY inning game
    1910 - Billy Sullivan caught three balls thrown from the top of Washington Monument
    1918 - pitcher Babe Ruth stole home
    1919 - pitcher Ray Caldwell was struck by lightning but won 2-1
    1940 - Ted Williams pitched two innings
    1974 - Davey Lopes stole his thirty-eighth straight base
    1983 - Dennis? Martinez picked three Blue Jays off in the tenth inning
    1996 - Kerry Wood had his second minor league no-hitter in four weeks

^^^ See, what did I say, my date is very important in MLB!!! GO ME!

Thanks for those RMB

Quote Originally Posted by Outta Here
    ^^^ See, what did I say, my date is very important in MLB!!! GO ME!

Thanks for those RMB
    Do you have a favorite team?

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast