Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuban Baseball Structure

damn! las tunas on a bad streak...

i like tunas and industriales
    Licey campeón today and always!

Quote Originally Posted by Licey Fan
    damn! las tunas on a bad streak...

i like tunas and industriales

I do not know how Industriales keeps winning. The Lions have had so many defectors and still has found a way to compete. I guess it is because Havana City has 2 million people. Villa Clara is a Macho team like Santiago de Cuba, Pinar del Rio and Industriales. They always find a way to get it done unlike Ciego de Avila, Las Tunas, Granma and others.

The Industriales are also known as the Blues because their uniform. They always have had good pitching and lacked home run hitters. They usually play small ball.

By the way, I am an Industriales fan even though I am not from La Habana and never lived there.

That's why I'm with Industriales...

1. They play in the capital
    2. Are the all-time title leaders
    3. And their team color's blue

Just like Licey Tigers
    Licey campeón today and always!

Keep in mind, Industriales is also allowed to steal players from the other teams. This year, they grabbed several players from Metro and also took 3 of Isla's best players.

Cuban National Series All Stars Game

OESTE/WEST

Number of players per team

Industriales 7
    Isla de la Juventud 6
    Sancti Spíritus 4
    Pinar del Río 4
    La Habana 2
    Cienfuegos 2
    Metropolitanos 1
    Matanzas 1

Catchers: Eriel Sánchez (SSP), Jockel Gil (MET) and Vladimir García (IJU).

Infielders: Luis Felipe Rivera (IJV), Jorge Padrón (PRI), Dainniel Gálvez (IJV), Enrique Díaz (IND), Michel Rodríguez (LHA), Juan Carlos Moreno (IJU), Michel Enríquez (IJU) and Yulieski Gourriel (SSP).

Outfielders: Yoandry Urgelles (IND), Serguey Pérez (IND), Carlos Tabares (IND), Frederich Cepeda (SSP), José Dariel Abreu (CFG) and Alexei Ramírez (PRI).

DH: Yoandy Garlobo (MTZ).

Pitchers: Maicel Díaz (IND), Noelvis Hernández (SSP), Yadier Pedroso (LHA), Deynis Suárez (IND), Vladimir Baños (PRI), Yosvany Pérez (CFG), Yadel Martí (IND), Carlos Yanes (IJV) and Pedro Luis Lazo (PRI).

Manager: Rey Vicente Anglada (IND)
    Coaches: Geovani Alemán (IJV), Miguel Justiniani (LHA), José M. Cortina (PRI) and José Elosegui (IND)

ESTE/EAST

Number of players per team

Las Tunas 5
    Villa Clara 5
    Granma 5
    Ciego de Ávila 4
    Guantánamo 3
    Santiago de Cuba 2
    Camagüey 2
    Holguín 1

Catchers: Rolando Meriño (SCU), Luis Ferrales (GRA) and Ariel Pestano (VCl).

Infielders: Ariel Borrero (VCl), Leslie Ánderson (CMG), Yusquiel García (CMG), Danel Castro (LTU), Eduardo Paret (VCL), Vismay Santos (GTM), Amaury Suárez (LTU), Yorelvis Charles (CAV).

Outfielders: Osmany Urrutia (LTU), Yohenis Céspedes (GRA), Dayan Viciedo (VCL), Roberquis Videaux (GTM), Giorvis Duvergel (GTM) and Alfredo Despaigne (GRA).

DH: Pedro Poll (SCU).

Pitchers: Maikel Folch (CAV), Lázaro Pausa (LTU), Luis Borroto (VCL), Alberto Soto (GRA), Yanier González (GRA), Ubisney Bermúdez (LTU), Michel Pino Feo (CAV) Luis Miguel Rodríguez (HOL) and Alien Mora (CAV).

Manager: Marcos Fonseca (GRA)
    Coaches: Jorge Hierrezuelo (LTU), Amado Zamora (VCL), José R. Riscart (VCL) and Juan de Dios Peña (CAV)

Las Tunas Magicians 1B and Team Cuba member Joan Carlos Pedroso and Santiago de Cuba Wasps and team Cuba member RHP Danny Betancourt did not make the all star team because both are coming back from injuries.
    Team Cuba members LHP Adiel Palma (CFG) and Vicyohandri Odelin (CMG) did not make the all star teams. Odelin is also coming back from an injury.

The match up between the West and the East was tied at 10 games a piece. So the game this year had extra meaning for both teams.

Before 30,000 fans at Latinoamericano stadium, the West all stars beat the East all stars 7x1.

Veteran RHP Pedro L. Lazo (PRI) was the winning pitcher and his Pinar del Rio teammate’s outfielder/infielder Alexei Ramirez and pitcher Vladimir Baños contributed a great deal to the victory.

RHP Luis Borroto (VCL) did not record an out. Enrique Diaz and Michel Enriquez singled of Borroto and Frederich Cepeda doubled driving both runs. Then, Eriel Sánchez was hit by a pitch and Yoandy Garlobo had a scarify fly driving the third run of the inning.

Yanier González and Michel Pino pitched 2 innings a piece silencing the West bats and Lázaro Pausa pitched one inning of 0 runs. But Luis Miguel Rodríguez allowed 3 runs without recording an out. Luis F. Rivera (3-1-2) and Alexei Ramírez (2-1-2), singled, Enriquito Diaz (4-1-4) doubled, Vladimir García had an RBI and José D. Abreu hit by a pitch.

Enriquito Diaz (4), Frederich Cepeda (2), Alexei Ramirez(2), Luis Rivera (2) had 10 of 13 Westerners hits.

Easterners pitchers Ubisney Bermúdez , Alien Mora and Maikel Folch did not allow runs. Pitcher Alberto Soto did not pitch.

Pedro L. Lazo started the game. He allowed 2 hits and hit a batter but did not allow a run. Yosvany Pérez and Yodier Pedroso pitched an inning. Deinys Suárez retired 6 batters in a row.

Noelvis Hernández allowed an unearned run when Yusquiel García reached on an error by José D. Abreu and a hit by Amauri Suárez in the sixth inning.

Vladimir Baños and Yadel Martí pitched a perfect inning.

Osmani Urrutia had two hits in the game.

Abilities Contests

Catchers Accuracy:

Eriel Sánchez, Vladimir García, Ariel Pestano and Luis Ferrales.

Ferrales beat his peers when all of his 3 throws went inside the barrel.

Home Runs Contest:

Yoandy Garlobo beat Yulieski Gourriel, Yohenis Céspedes and Vismay Santos.

Looks like your boy Eriel Sanchez has picked up his game a bit. He was terrible at the begining of the season but he may go to Puerto Rico now. If you get close to him in Puerto Rico, tell him to defect so he can become a free man.

Underlined players denote great young prospects and talent. I may have left out some or included someone over 25 years old. It is hard to tell from USA.
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 01-24-2006 at 01:41 AM.

[QUOTE=Cubano100%]OESTE/WEST

Looks like your boy Eriel Sanchez has picked up his game a bit. He was terrible at the begining of the season but he may go to Puerto Rico now. If you get close to him in Puerto Rico, tell him to defect so he can become a free man.

YES!!!!! Hopefully he will go to Cuba

Thank you again for this great information....just bought my tickes for WBC so I'm ready for it

Click on Jugadores (players) to see team logos and info.

Click on the name of the teams to see the rosters.

Click on resultados to see January 24th results.

http://www.invasor.cu/snb/
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 01-25-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Jan. 24th results

The Havana Cowboys won their 10 consecutive games.
    The Industriales Lions won their 9 consecutive games.
    The Villa Clara Orange Growers won their 5 consecutive games.
    The Matanzas Crocodiles lost their 14 games in a raw.

The Home Run totals reached 504 and there have been 28 extra innings games.

SUSPENDED R H E

Las Tunas 0 0 0
    Isla de La Juventud 0 0 0
    W: (0-0)
    L: (0-0)
    Hr:

FINAL R H E

Holguín 8 18 0
    Cienfuegos 4 13 1
    W: Orelvis Ávila (5-5)
    L: Adiel Palma (2-6)
    S: Raúl reyes (6)
    Hr: Osvaldo Arias (CFG)

FINAL - 10 INNINGS R H E

Camagüey 1 7 1
    Pinar del Río 0 3 1
    W: Yormani Socarrás (5-6)
    L: Pedro Luis Lazo (7-5)
    S: Elier Sánchez (1)

FINAL R H E

Granma 0 5 0
    Sancti Spíritus 6 10 0
    W: Ramón Licor (3-2)
    L: Ciro Silvino Licea (4-4)

FINAL R H E

Santiago de Cuba 2 7 0
    Industriales 3 7 0
    W: Frank Montieth (4-0)
    L: Danni Betancourt (6-2)
    Hr: Enrique Díaz (IND), Alejandro Regueira (IND)

FINAL R H E

Metropolitanos 4 7 3
    Villa Clara 10 11 1
    W: Luis Borroto (9-1)
    L: Yadiel Torres (1-2)
    S: Delvis Rodríguez (3)
    Hr: Joquel Gil (MET)

FINAL R H E

Guantánamo 1 5 3
    Habana 9 14 1
    W: Yulieski González (5-3)
    L: Alexander Rodríguez (4-5)
    Hr: Roberto Borrero (GTM), Luis Ignacio González (HAB)

FINAL R H E

Matanzas 2 10 3
    Ciego de Ávila 7 12 0
    W: Alien Mora (6-3)
    L: Yosvani Fonseca (2-6)
    Hr: Yorbis Borroto (CAV)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubano100%
    Best 3bs in Cuba during the 1990s:

1. Omar Linares
    2. Gabriel Pierre
    3. Lazaro Vargas
    4. Miguel Caldes
    5. Andy Morales (Maybe)

How old was Andy Morales when he defected? It sure showed how good scouts the Yankees have.

Don't you agree that Omar Linares and Grabiel Pierre would have been stars in the Major leagues? How about number 3 and 4 in my list? Certainly, the would have been in the majors at some point.

Hello again,
    I just read that Cuban goverment authorized the team to represent the country but I still think that Cuba is not going.
    First, they are not picking a team up yet.
    Second, at least I know Cuba "could" win Panama and Holland, but after the first round ...... Vera cannot pitch every game and he is not what he was once. BTW, we have seen Contreras wild, but MLB has the strike zone more reduced than Cuba's one, I don't think Vera had most strike zone control than Contreras(as I read). Contreras has no comparinson with other Cuban pitcher I ever saw, and BTW, I'm an Industriales FAN since I was a boy, and still I'm leaving Valle out of the picture. Valle get retired the first time at 31 after 10 or 11 series. At 31 a pitcher should have a lot of stuff + experience, he got only experience by then.

About 3rd bases....
    Omar is going to be the never answered question, he has been the best amateur player of all times, but MLB is another thing.
    He, like many players at 34+(to play in Japan, where he did not very well) are done in the country, with the exception of a few(Victor get retired at 36, why????, Pedro Luis Rodriguez get retired at 34, why????, etc., etc.). He just played half of a season the last 3 or 4 years, that left us with 45 games approximately, who is going to pay millions for 45 games?
    Would has been he capable to take 2 or 3 planes a week, during 6 months, playing most of the time(140 games)+spring training, language barrier, batting against the best pitching in the world, uh, with wood(he was an aluminium product), and still give great numbers? I cannot answer that question based on what he did on amateur, he has been one of the greatest or the greatest, but MLB is another point.

Regards,
    OO

Quote Originally Posted by orly
    Hello again,
    I just read that Cuban goverment authorized the team to represent the country but I still think that Cuba is not going.
    First, they are not picking a team up yet.
    Second, at least I know Cuba "could" win Panama and Holland, but after the first round ...... Vera cannot pitch every game and he is not what he was once. BTW, we have seen Contreras wild, but MLB has the strike zone more reduced than Cuba's one, I don't think Vera had most strike zone control than Contreras(as I read). Contreras has no comparinson with other Cuban pitcher I ever saw, and BTW, I'm an Industriales FAN since I was a boy, and still I'm leaving Valle out of the picture. Valle get retired the first time at 31 after 10 or 11 series. At 31 a pitcher should have a lot of stuff + experience, he got only experience by then.

About 3rd bases....
    Omar is going to be the never answered question, he has been the best amateur player of all times, but MLB is another thing.
    He, like many players at 34+(to play in Japan, where he did not very well) are done in the country, with the exception of a few(Victor get retired at 36, why????, Pedro Luis Rodriguez get retired at 34, why????, etc., etc.). He just played half of a season the last 3 or 4 years, that left us with 45 games approximately, who is going to pay millions for 45 games?
    Would has been he capable to take 2 or 3 planes a week, during 6 months, playing most of the time(140 games)+spring training, language barrier, batting against the best pitching in the world, uh, with wood(he was an aluminium product), and still give great numbers? I cannot answer that question based on what he did on amateur, he has been one of the greatest or the greatest, but MLB is another point.

Regards,
    OO

Maybe if someone can teach them how to take steroids they will be playing past their 40's. Talk to Canseco to see if he can go to Cuba.

As for your MLB strike zone, let me remind you that it was recently expanded. Actually, MLB officials told the umpires to call the strikes according to the true strike zone written in the books.

Can someone expand on this?

I am talking about the strike zone in America and why 1 or 2 years ago MLB officials told the umpires to call the high pitches strikes.
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 01-26-2006 at 02:48 PM.

PACHECO AFFIRMS THAT SANTIAGO DE CUBA WASPS IS TO BE RECKONED WITH!

Santiago de Cuba, the defending champion, swept to victory in its three games against Matanzas, confirming the opinion of its manager, Antonio Pacheco that his team “is in the recovery stage.”

“We started the year off well. The team has good human quality and is well-disciplined, and the players are aware of the responsibility they have because of what Santiago represents for Cuban fans and the rivalry with Industriales is adding ‘salsa’ to the series,” Pancheco commented.

The captain of Cuba’s national team that won seven world championships and two Olympic titles described Santiago’s pitching line-up – led by Olympic and world champions Danny Betancourt and Ormari Romero – as “very good.” He also expressed confidence in a stellar comeback for Norge Luis Vera: “it’s a matter of time, he’s going to be back,” his mentor confirmed.

The former star second baseman explained that after a good start in the series, the Santiago team’s batters “didn’t respond, and its defense was very poor.”

Pacheco, in his second season as Santiago’s manager, explained that he had spoken with each of the team’s players about their shortcomings and to give them advice, and affirmed that Santiago is to be reckoned with, because “we’re going to win back lost ground.”

Santiago de Cuba Wasps are going down this year to my delight!

The biggest rivalry in the Cuban National is the one between Industriales Lions and Santiago de Cuba Wasps. The game on January 25th was suspended and forfeited in favor of the Wasps when several Lions fans entered the field. There were several incidents during the game between players from both teams that led to the final outcome. The Wasps got to Lions starter Deinys Suares in the 7th scoring 6 times.

The Havana Cowboys won their 11 games in a row.

FINAL R H E

Las Tunas 8 12 1
    Isla de La Juventud 5 7 2
    W: Damichel González (5-2)
    L: Sergio Espinoza (5-2)

FINAL R H E

Holguín 0 4 1
    Cienfuegos 2 5 0
    W: Norberto González (4-6)
    L: Luis M. Rodríguez (5-4)

FINAL R H E

Camagüey 6 12 0
    Pinar del Río 4 9 0
    W: Vladimir Pérez (4-2)
    L: Yunieski Maya (6-4)
    S: Vicyohandri Odelín (3)
    Hr: Leslie Anderson (CMG)

FINAL R H E

Granma 3 9 2
    Sancti Spíritus 11 17 1
    W: Ángel Peña (4-6)
    L: Yanier González (7-4)
    S: Ismel Jiménez (4)
    Hr: Yulieski Gourriel (SSP), Frederich Cepeda (SSP)

FINAL R H E

Santiago de Cuba 8 13 0
    Industriales 6 11 0
    W: Angel Puig
    L: Deinys Suares

FINAL R H E

Metropolitanos 1 8 1
    Villa Clara 5 13 0
    W: Robelio Carrillo (4-1)
    L: Heriberto Collazo (1-7)
    S: Delvis Rodríguez (4)

FINAL R H E

Guantánamo 5 11 1
    Habana 9 8 0
    W: Jonder Martínez (6-2)
    L: Yandri Lestapier (5-3)
    Hr: Vismay Santos (GTM), Michel Rodríguez (HAB), Danger Guerrero (2)(HAB)

FINAL - 11 INNINGS R H E

Matanzas 3 7 5
    Ciego de Ávila 4 13 2
    W: Vladimir García (2-2)
    L: Yousel Aguilar (6-4)
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 01-26-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Hitting Leaders

jonrones/hr

Gourriel C, Yuliesky Ssp 16
    Santos Martinez, Vismay Gtm 15
    Cespedes M, Yohenis Gra 14
    Despaigne R, Alfredo Gra 12
    Charles M, Yorelvis Cav 12
    Duvergel Rojas, Giorvis Gtm 11
    Pedroso Brooks, Joan Carlos Ltu 10
    Garlobo Romay, Yoandy Mtz 10
    Ferrales J, Luis Alberto Gra 10
    Peraza Marin, Yosvani Pri 10

triples/3b

Rivera D, Luis Felipe Ijv 8
    Scull Zayas, Yordanis Ltu 7
    Gourriel C, Yuliesky Ssp 5
    Gourriel C, Yuniesky Ssp 5
    Molina Guerrero, Rolexis Ijv 4
    Canto Ramirez, Yandy (n) Mtz 4
    Ruiz Barzan, Jose Julio Scu 4
    Viciedo Perez, Dayan Vcl 4

dobles/2b

Samon Matamoros, Yordanis Gra 20
    Molina Guerrero, Rolexis Ijv 19
    Miranda A, Danny Cav 17
    Moreno Perez, Juan Carlos Ijv 16
    Enriquez Tamayo, Michel Ijv 16
    Cespedes M, Yohenis Gra 15
    Perez Guillen, Serguei Ind 15
    Urrutia Ramirez, Osmani Ltu 15
    Meriño B, Rolando Scu 15

HITS

URRUTIA RAMIREZ, OSMANI LTU 85
    SUAREZ BURQUEZ, AMAURY LTU 82
    ENRIQUEZ TAMAYO, MICHEL IJV 78
    CESPEDES M, YOHENIS GRA 77
    CHARLES M, YORELVIS CAV 73
    GARCIA SALAZAR, YUSQUIEL CMG 73
    DESPAIGNE R, ALFREDO GRA 71
    DUVERGEL ROJAS, GIORVIS GTM 69
    BORRERO ALFONSO, ARIEL VCL 69

Bases Robadas/sb

Tabares Padilla, Carlos Alberto Ind 15
    Diaz Martinez, Enrique Esteban Ind 14
    Reyes Erice, Rudy Ind 12
    Gourriel C, Yuliesky Ssp 10
    Fonseca Alcea, Marcos Gra 9
    Duvergel Rojas, Giorvis Gtm 8
    Scull Zayas, Yordanis Ltu 8
    Benavides Muñoz, Manuel Scu 7
    Luis Marquez, Marino Cmg 7
    Rivera D, Luis Felipe Ijv 7

Carreras Impulsadas/rbi

Diaz Cordero, Orlis Luis Ijv 57
    Charles M, Yorelvis Cav 51
    Samon Matamoros, Yordanis Gra 49
    Cespedes M, Yohenis Gra 46
    Gourriel C, Yuliesky Ssp 46
    Despaigne R, Alfredo Gra 46
    Borrero Alfonso, Ariel Vcl 45
    Ferrales J, Luis Alberto Gra 44
    Poll Martinez, Pedro Scu 44
    Urrutia Ramirez, Osmani Ltu 44

Bases Por Bolas/bb

Garlobo Romay, Yoandy Mtz 48
    Cepeda Cruz, Frederich Ssp 46
    Enriquez Tamayo, Michel Ijv 45
    Borroto J, Yorbis Cav 43
    Rivera D, Luis Felipe Ijv 41
    Paret Perez, Eduardo Vcl 41
    Rodriguez L, Michel Hab 39
    Pestano Valdes, Ariel Vcl 37
    Urgelles Cobas, Yoandry Ind 36
    Navas Gonzalez, Luis Miguel Scu 35

ponches/so

Canto Ramirez, Yandy (n) Mtz 46
    Ibañez Aragon, Yusniel Cfg 45
    Linares I, Juan Carlos Hab 45
    Abreu Correa, Jose Dariel Cfg 43
    Rodriguez L, Michel Hab 37
    Chirino Arroyo, Irait Met 37
    Hurtado P,, Reutilio Scu 37
    Aguilera P, Leris Hol 36

Promedio De Slugging/SLU

Cespedes M, Yohenis Gra .683
    Garlobo Romay, Yoandy Mtz .682
    Enriquez Tamayo, Michel Ijv .680
    Urrutia Ramirez, Osmani Ltu .655
    Gourriel C, Yuliesky Ssp .629
    Pedroso Brooks, Joan Carlos Ltu .628
    Santos Martinez, Vismay Gtm .606
    Despaigne R, Alfredo Gra .585
    Viciedo Perez, Dayan Vcl .582
    Duvergel Rojas, Giorvis Gtm .568

Carreras Anotadas/runs

Cespedes M, Yohenis Gra 60
    Enriquez Tamayo, Michel Ijv 59
    Rivera D, Luis Felipe Ijv 50
    Duvergel Rojas, Giorvis Gtm 49
    Rodriguez L, Michel Hab 48
    Tabares Padilla, Carlos Alberto Ind 46
    Linares I, Juan Carlos Hab 45
    Gourriel C, Yuliesky Ssp 45
    Despaigne R, Alfredo Gra 44
    Scull Zayas, Yordanis Ltu 44

Promedio De Bateo/average

Enriquez Tamayo, Michel Ijv .438
    Urrutia Ramirez, Osmani Ltu .438
    Garlobo Romay, Yoandy Mtz .417
    Cespedes M, Yohenis Gra .381
    Paret Perez, Eduardo Vcl .380
    Urgelles Cobas, Yoandry Ind .379
    Suarez Burquez, Amaury Ltu .378
    Viciedo Perez, Dayan Vcl .370
    Borrero Alfonso, Ariel Vcl .363
    Tabares Padilla, Carlos Alberto Ind .356

Pitching Leaders

Juegos Ganados/wins

Borroto Jimenez, Luis Vcl 9
    Folch Vera, Maikel Cav 8
    Perez Ruiz, Yosvani Cfg 8
    Soto La O, Alberto (rookie) Gra 8
    Yanes Artiles, Carlos Alberto Ijv 8
    Gonzalez R, Yanier Gra 7
    Lazo Iglesias, Pedro Luis Pri 7

Juegos Perdidos/loses

Collazo Blanco, Heriberto Met 7
    Gonzalez M, Norberto Cfg 6
    Palma Lopez, Adiel Cfg 6
    Socarras Rojas, Yormani Cmg 6
    Sanchez Quesada, Elier Cmg 6
    Espin Delgado, Rene Met 6
    Fonseca Garcia, Yosvani Mtz 6
    Bicet Labrada, Alberto Scu 6
    Aragon R, Yovani Ssp 6
    Peña Garcia, Angel Ssp 6

Lechadas/sho

Perez Ruiz, Yosvani Cfg 3
    Pino Feo, Michel Cav 2
    Gonzalez M, Norberto Cfg 2
    Lopez Moreno, Misael Gra 2
    Martinez M, Jonder Hab 2

Juegos Salvados/saves

Digurnay P, Alexander Gtm 9
    Garcia Sanchez, Jose Angel Hab 8
    Borbon Driggs, Felix Hol 7
    Reyes Perez, Raul Hol 6
    Espinosa Garcia, Sergio Ijv 6
    Bicet Labrada, Alberto Scu 6
    Santana Vazquez, Lazaro Cav 5
    Rodriguez V, Yunier Gra 5
    Gonzalez B, Damichel Ltu 5
    Rodriguez P, Delvis Vcl 5

Entradas Lanzadas/ip

Lazo Iglesias, Pedro Luis Pri 97.1
    Yanes Artiles, Carlos Alberto Ijv 92.1
    Bermudez M, Ubisney Ltu 85.2
    Gonzalez M, Norberto Cfg 83.2
    Fonseca Garcia, Yosvani Mtz 83.2
    Gonzalez L, Yulieski Hab 78.1
    Marti Carrillo, Yadel Ind 77.2
    Borroto Jimenez, Luis Vcl 76.2
    Maya Mendiluza, Yunieski Pri 76.1
    Bicet Labrada, Alberto Scu 76.1

ponches/so

Borroto Jimenez, Luis Vcl 75
    Lazo Iglesias, Pedro Luis Pri 71
    Palma Lopez, Adiel Cfg 70
    Maya Mendiluza, Yunieski Pri 68
    Suarez L, Deinys Ind 64
    Miranda Sanchez, Raidel Pri 58
    Pedroso G, Yadier Hab 56
    Martinez M, Jonder Hab 55
    Gonzalez L, Yulieski Hab 54

Bases Por Bolas/walks

Suarez L, Deinys Ind 39
    Chapman De La C, Aroldis (n) Hol 38
    Soto Delis, Israel Ijv 38
    Viego Montano, Abel Met 37
    Palma Lopez, Adiel Cfg 34
    Rodriguez V, Yunier Gra 34
    Garcia Alvarez, Ronald Ijv 34
    Pausa Perez D, Lazaro Ltu 34
    Borroto Jimenez, Luis Vcl 34

Promedio De Carreras Limpias/era

Perez Ruiz, Yosvani Cfg 1.93
    Torres Espinosa, Yadiel Met 1.94
    Borroto Jimenez, Luis Vcl 2.00
    Hernandez P, Noelvis Ssp 2.13
    Folch Vera, Maikel Cav 2.29
    Pino Feo, Michel Cav 2.35
    Miranda Sanchez, Raidel Pri 2.35
    Odelin Saname, Vicyohandry Cmg 2.53
    Baños Chacon, Vladimir Pri 2.60
    Betancourt C, Danny Scu 2.61
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 01-28-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Where in the World Is Pedro Jova?

First of all I extend my thanks to Cubano100% for opening a discussion about Cuban baseball structure.

Does anyone know what happened to Pedro Jova?

He was the skipper for team Villa Clara that won three consecutive Cuban National Titles Championships (1993-1994-1995) coaching such baseball players such as: Jorge Luis Toca (Remedios) 1st base, Angel Lopez (Ranchuelo) Catcher, Rolando Arrojo (San Juan de los Years) Pitcher, Omar Montes de Oca (?) Pitcher, Eduardo Paret (Santa Clara) Short Stop, Eddy Rojas (Cifuentes) Right Field, Victor Mesa (Santa Clara) Center Field, Machado (?) Left Field, and Orlando Acebey (Caibarien) 3rd Base. I am just missing 2cond base. Those were the glory days of the “Orange Machine” of Pedro Jova, known for his management style of playing one of the finest Cuban small-ball ever.

Quote Originally Posted by cuban_aficionado
    First of all I extend my thanks to Cubano100% for opening a discussion about Cuban baseball structure.

Does anyone know what happened to Pedro Jova?

He was the skipper for team Villa Clara that won three consecutive Cuban National Titles Championships (1993-1994-1995) coaching such baseball players such as: Jorge Luis Toca (Remedios) 1st base, Angel Lopez (Ranchuelo) Catcher, Rolando Arrojo (San Juan de los Years) Pitcher, Omar Montes de Oca (?) Pitcher, Eduardo Paret (Santa Clara) Short Stop, Eddy Rojas (Cifuentes) Right Field, Victor Mesa (Santa Clara) Center Field, Machado (?) Left Field, and Orlando Acebey (Caibarien) 3rd Base. I am just missing 2cond base. Those were the glory days of the “Orange Machine” of Pedro Jova, known for his management style of playing one of the finest Cuban small-ball ever.

I think he ran out of favor when many players form Villa Clara defected including his son Michael Jova. Michael Jova signed with the Blue Jays and played in AA last year. He just finished playing winter ball in Nicaragua. Michael Jova is not that great. His father Pedro Jova (SS) was a great player.

Villa Clara Orange Growers are in first place in the current National League. Victor "el loco" Mesa is their manager.

Villa Clara 2006 Champions?

Thank you Cubano100% for your response.

What do you think about the chances for Villa CLara this year?
    Isn’t time for a championship for Villa Clara? It has been 10 years already since the last win in the Championship Finals. Lately they have been getting close: In 2003 and 2004 they were in the finals with the mighty Industriales finishing in 2cond Place and they have been present for 4 consecutive years in the Semifinals.

Thank you Cubano100% for your response.

What do you think about the chances for Villa CLara this year?
    Isn’t time for a championship for Villa Clara? It has been 10 years already since the last win in the Championship Finals. Lately they have been getting close: In 2003 and 2004 they were in the finals with the mighty Industriales finishing in 2cond Place and they have been present for 4 consecutive years in the Semifinals.

XLV SERIE NACIONAL DE BEISBOL DE AFICIONADOS 2005-2006

EQUIPO: V I L L A C L A R A

NUM.
    RECEPTORES : TRAJE
    1.- PESTANO VALDES, ARIEL 13
    2.- LA ROSA AGUILA, YULEXIS 64
    3.- PONS MARRERO, WILLIAM 31
    J. DE CUADRO :
    4.- BORRERO ALFONSO, ARIEL (Z) 53
    5.- PEREZ ROMERO, YENIET 11
    6.- ACEBEY GUTIERREZ, ORLANDO 20
    7.- PARET PEREZ, EDUARDO 2
    8.- VICIEDO PEREZ, DAYAN 10

9.- BENAVIDES CABODEVILLA, LESTER (N) 54
    10.- GARCIA RODRIGUEZ, DENIS 42
    11.- MARTIN TAPANES, LEONYS (N) (Z) 22
    12.- GARCIA ARRIETA, ADONIS 12

JARDINEROS :
    13.- FLORES ARGUELLES, YUNIET (Z) 67
    14.- VALDES ABREU, NESTOR FELIPE 23
    15.- OLANO MACHADO, GUSTAVO 9
    16.- SERRANO FERNANDEZ VEITIA, JUAN YASSER (N) 77
    17.- LA ROSA MORALES, YORQUIS (Z) 25
    18.- ZAMORA FARRE, ANDY (Z) 3
    LANZADORES :
    19.- MONTES DE OCA FLEITES, ELIECER 38
    20.- ENRÍQUEZ VILLAREAL, ROIDEL 72
    21.- HERNANDEZ SOLAS, VLADIMIR 52
    22.- GARCIA ESPINOSA, EDIASBEL 17
    23.- SANCHEZ MACHADO, ALAIN 27
    24.- BORROTO JIMENEZ, LUIS 26
    25.- RUIZ HERNANDES, YOANDRY 44
    26.- RODRIGUEZ PERDOMO, DELVIS 5
    27.- ULACIA CARRAZANA, YOLEXIS 92
    28.- CARRILLO CARVAJAR, ROBELIO (Z) 14
    29.- ALVARES SAEZ, FREDY A. (N) 15
    30.- HORRUTINIER BORGES, YAMIAN (N) (Z) 46

DIRECTOR : MESA MARTINEZ, VICTOR 32
    AUXILIARES : RUIZ JIMENEZ, ERNESTO 37
    MESA BAUTISTA, JUAN B
    ENTRENADORES : RISCART CABALLERO, JOSE RAMON 1
    ZAMORA PORTILLA, AMADO 33
    PREP. FISICO : FIGUEROA FIGUEROA, VICTOR 36
    CARGA BATES : JIMENEZ ABREU, ROBERTO CB
    MÉDICO : GUZMAN PIÑEIRO, JESUS ---
    MASAJISTA : RODRIGUEZ RODRIGUEZ, OVIDIO ---
    PSICÓLOGO : ALVAREDO RODRIGUEZ, RAMON ---
    DELEGADO : CONTRERA BERNAL, ALVARES ---
    COMISIONADO : TURIÑO MENDOZA, ALEJANDRO ---

Ariel Pestano is the C for team Cuba.
    Eduardo Paret is the SS for eam Cuba.
    Dayan Viciedo is one of the best young hitters in Cuba.
    Luis Borroto has been the best pitcher in this year.
    Ariel Borrero is a solid 1B.
    Ulacia is a good closer but not great. Lefties can hit him.
    Freddy Alvarez is a good looking young prospect.
    Zamora is the son of Amado Zamora, Cienfuegos former leadoff hitter.

How is your Internet connection?

PM me with that info.

Tv Schedule For Wbc: Extra!! Extra!!

TV SCHEDULE OF THE WBC

Date Time ET Network Site Match-up

March 2 9:30 p.m. Deportes Tokyo Korea vs. Chinese T.
    March 3 4:30 a.m. Deportes/ESPN2 Tokyo Japan vs. China
    March 3 9:00 p.m. Deportes Tokyo Korea vs. China
    March 4 4:00 a.m. Deportes/ESPN2 Tokyo Japan vs. Chinese T.
    March 4 9:00 p.m. Deportes Tokyo Chinese T vs. China
    March 5 4:00 a.m. Deportes/ESPN2 Tokyo Japan vs. Korea
    March 7 1:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN Orlando D. R. vs. Venezuela
    March 7 4:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN2 Phoenix U.S.A. vs. Mexico
    March 7 7:00 p.m. Deportes San Juan P.R. vs. Panama
    March 8 1:00 p.m. ESPN2 San Juan Cuba vs. Panama
    March 8 4:00 p.m. ESPN2 Phoenix U.S.A. vs. Canada
    March 8 7:30 p.m. Deportes San Juan Puerto Rico vs. Netherlands
    March 9 1:00 p.m. Deportes Orlando Dominican Republic vs. Italy
    March 9 7:00 p.m. Deportes San Juan Cuba vs. Netherlands
    March 10 1:00 p.m. Deportes San Juan Panama vs. Netherlands
    March 10 7:30 p.m. Deportes San Juan Puerto Rico vs. Cuba
    March 12 1:00 p.m. Deportes San Juan TBD
    March 12 4:00 p.m. Deportes Anaheim TBD
    March 12 8:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN2 San Juan TBD
    March 12 11:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN2 Anaheim TBD
    March 13 1:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN San Juan TBD
    March 13 7:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN2 San Juan TBD
    March 13 10:00 p.m. Deportes Anaheim TBD
    March 14 7:00 p.m. Deportes San Juan TBD
    March 14 7:00 p.m. ESPN2 Anaheim TBD
    March 15 7:00 p.m. Deportes San Juan TBD
    March 15 10:00 p.m. Deportes Anaheim TBD
    March 16 7:30 p.m. Deportes/ESPN Anaheim TBD
    March 18 3:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN San Diego Semifinal #1
    March 18 10:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN San Diego Semifinal #2
    March 20 9:00 p.m. Deportes/ESPN San Diego Championship

At least we can see one game in regular cable

It looks like unles I get ESPN Deportes I will be able to see only one game of Team Cuba. I hope Team Cuba at least make it to the semifinals and regardless of what position they finish I would love to see the whole freaking team defect in Puerto Rico!!!!!! Like the Havana Night Club dancers did in Las Vegas acouple of years ago.

My internet conection is pretty decent, but i don't have cable.

It looks like unles I get ESPN Deportes I will be able to see only one game of Team Cuba. I hope Team Cuba at least make it to the semifinals and regardless of what position they finish I would love to see the whole freaking team defect in Puerto Rico!!!!!! Like the Havana Night Club dancers did in Las Vegas acouple of years ago.

Check your PM messages.
    Last edited by Cubano100%; 01-31-2006 at 01:35 AM.

I hope that is what they will do but sometimes the fear and ignorance of the individuals prevent them from thinking toward the future. Family ties also prevent some from defecting. I hope a good agent make them understand the benefits of playing in the USA vs living in obscurity after retirement in Cuba.

45th Cuban National Series News

The Havana Cowboys won their 12 games in a row.
    The Matanzas Crocodiles have lost 16 games in a row.

FINAL Mercy Rule R H E

Las Tunas 20 10 1
    Isla de La Juventud 5 6 2
    W: Wilber Verdecia

FINAL R H E

Holguín 0 3 0
    Cienfuegos 3 5 0
    W: Yosvani Pérez (8)
    L: Javier Fernández

FINAL R H E

Camagüey 2 12 0
    Pinar del Río 0 9 0
    W: Elier Sánchez
    L: Raidel Miranda

FINAL R H E

Granma 11 13 2
    Sancti Spíritus 5 9 1
    L: Misael Lopez
    S: Yovany Aragon
    Hr: Yulieski Gourriel (SSP)(16), Eriel Sánchez (SSP)(5) Orelvis Bernal(SSP)(1), Alfredo Despaigne (GRA)(11,12), Luis Ferrales (GRA) and Carlos Benítez (GRA)

FINAL R H E

Santiago de Cuba 4 8 0
    Industriales 3 4 0
    W: Alberto Biscet
    L: Yadel Marti
    HR: Alejandro Regueira (SCU), Antonio Scull (IND)

FINAL R H E

Metropolitanos 0 5 1
    Villa Clara 2 7 0
    W: Eleizer Montes de Oca
    L: Abel Viego
    S: Dayan Viciedo (7)

FINAL R H E

Guantánamo 2 6 0
    Habana 4 6 0
    W: Yudel Tuero
    L: Leyan Torres
    Hr: Juan Carlos Linares (HAB) (7), Dublas Hernández (HAB)(2), Juan C. Torres(HAB) (4) and Michel Rodríguez(HAB) (6)
    FINAL R H E

Matanzas 1 12 2
    Ciego de Ávila 10 13 1
    W: Michel Pino
    L: Guillermo Tortolo
    Yordanis Pérez (CAV), Yaibel Tamayo (CAV)

45th Cuban National Series News

Villa Clara won their 8 consecutive game.
    Habana Cowboys winning streak was stopped at 12.
    Ciego de Avila won their sixth game in a row tying Las Tunas for second place behind Villa Clara.

FINAL R H E

Metropolitanos 510 1
    Ciego de Avila 9 6 2
    W: Osmar Cervantes
    L:
    HR: Yorelvis Charles(10,11)CAV; Yaibel Tamayo (2,3) (CAV); Jocquel Gil (7) (MET), Eliu Torres

FINAL R H E

Holguín 4 10 0
    Santi Spiritus 0 3 1
    W: Aroldis Chapman
    L: Noelvis Hernández

FINAL R H E

Las Tunas 8 10 2
    Pinar del Río 12 12 1
    W: Vladimir Baños
    L: Lazaro Pausa
    HR: Alexei Ramirez (PRI), Yosvany Peraza (PRI)

FINAL R H E

Granma 8 13 2
    Cienfuegos 3 10 1
    L: Alberto Soto (8)
    S: Samuel Ruiz
    Hr: Yordanis Samón (GRA) Grand Slam

FINAL R H E

Guantanamo 2 8 0
    Industriales 5 8 0
    W: Darwin Beltran
    L: Dalier Hinojosa
    HR: Roberquis Videaux (GTM)

Mercy Rule FINAL R H E

Isla de la Juventud 1 5 1
    Camaguey 12 19 0
    W: Vicyhondri Odelín
    L: Yaleski Diéguez

FINAL R H E

Santiago de Cuba 6 9 0
    Habana 3 6 0
    W: Osmel Cintra
    L: Yadiel Pedroso
    HR: Edilse Silva (5) (SCU)

FINAL R H E

Matanzas 6 12 2
    Villa Clara 3 13 1
    W: Vladimir Hernandez
    L: Yousel Aguilar
    HR: Lazaro Herrera(6) (MTZ), Ariel Borrero (6) (VLC)

WBC and Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Cubano100%
    Maybe if someone can teach them how to take steroids they will be playing past their 40's. Talk to Canseco to see if he can go to Cuba.
    I don't think we need to invite Canseco to make a large trip, Sotomayor could teach them (if they don't know yet). In Cuba sports is very related to politics and in order to give arguments to the World.... IMHO, I think they could do anything. They showed me that in 1999 and 2001 when Sotomayor was found positive a couple of times of prohibited sustances, one in Canada and the other in Spain. No Cuban in the island knows about the second one, and the first one we were told it was contra-revolutionary act. He has been one of the greatest, BUT rules must be the same for everybody.

I particulary don't think that Cuban authorities carry out dopping policies during National events. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this.

On the other hand I got very surprised with the Cuban annunced team to the WCB, I still think that anything could happen that Cuban authorities would prevent the team to participate in this event. BTW, I didn't see Norge Luis Vera in the pre-selection, weird, By far he is one of the best.

Cheers,
    OO
    Last edited by orly; 01-31-2006 at 11:34 AM.

The second baseman for Villa Clara was Jorge Diaz, who defected and played in the minors and independent leagues for about 5 years.

Pedro Jova is now managing one of the teams in the East -- maybe Guantanamo?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast