• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilkerson_rulz-06
    It's good to be back
    • Aug 2005

Who will be traded this offseason?

Who will be traded this offseason?

I think Wilkerson will be traded(as much as I am fond of him)

Guillen could be swapped for another slugger(not Vinny!)
    Cristobal
  • KingJ
    Western fan of the East
    • Jun 2005

Where's the poll?
    The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
    Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
      It's good to be back
      • Aug 2005

I made a mistake, I will post it as a thread.
      Cristobal

Comment

• KingJ
        Western fan of the East
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
        I think Wilkerson will be traded(as much as I am fond of him)

Guillen could be swapped for another slugger(not Vinny!)

No way! Wilkerson is needed to mentor Ryan Church and Brandon Watson to take over in the future, Guillen is our offense, and Vinny is not a slugger.

Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
          It's good to be back
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by KingJ
          No way! Wilkerson is needed to mentor Ryan Church and Brandon Watson to take over in the future, Guillen is our offense, and Vinny is not a slugger.
          Vinny is a slugger is a joke. I heard that Brad could be traded.
          Cristobal

Comment

• KingJ
            Western fan of the East
            • Jun 2005

I really thing we won't make many trades. Bowden is too weak to make any big trades and nobody wants the three we are trying to move (Spivey, Carroll, Sledge).

Comment

• KingJ
              Western fan of the East
              • Jun 2005

Vinny is a slugger is a joke. I heard that Brad could be traded.

Brad is eligible for arbitration and I don't think any other team will pay him what we have to pay him. Spivey is the same way.

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
                It's good to be back
                • Aug 2005

Well KingJ, you were wrong!
                Cristobal

Comment

• eddiejc1
                  Edward J. Cunningham
                  • Dec 2004

Might as well post a comment here...

Although in hindsight it looks like it was a horrible trade, I really home we don't trade Soriano to the Yanks (unless we get somebody good) and he spends an unhappy year at RFK Stadium. He knows he will have to produce if he wants to get those big numbers, but he won't be getting a lot of cheers at RFK...

Eddie Cunningham

P.S. BTW, remember last month when I was running around screaming like "Chicken Little"? Please accept my apologies. I think this will work out. The D.C. City Council is debating on how to spend the surplus money raised by the ballpark tax. That's right---the same people who say it's criminal for ANY public money to be used to build this thing have no problem spending it on other things rather than just giving it back to the taxpayers...
                  20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

• wilkerson_rulz-06
                    It's good to be back
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by eddiejc1

P.S. BTW, remember last month when I was running around screaming like "Chicken Little"? Please accept my apologies. I think this will work out. The D.C. City Council is debating on how to spend the surplus money raised by the ballpark tax. That's right---the same people who say it's criminal for ANY public money to be used to build this thing have no problem spending it on other things rather than just giving it back to the taxpayers...
                    You are perhaps THE most informed Nats fan I've "met".

What do you mean by Chicken Little, the movie ******!
                    Last edited by Bob Hannah; 01-11-2006, 03:21 AM.
                    Cristobal

Comment

• eddiejc1
                      Edward J. Cunningham
                      • Dec 2004

You are perhaps THE most informed Nats fan I've "met".

What do you mean by Chicken Little, the movie sucked!
                      I'm no more informed than others who frequent the MLB board. you can read more about this here. I just think in hindsight that maybe I was a little TOO hysterical. It's a month later, the lease hasn't been settled, but the sky hasn't fallen and the Nats will still play their 2006 season...

Eddie Cunningham
                      20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

Prophet of Rage
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by eddiejc1

Although in hindsight it looks like it was a horrible trade, I really home we don't trade Soriano to the Yanks (unless we get somebody good) and he spends an unhappy year at RFK Stadium. He knows he will have to produce if he wants to get those big numbers, but he won't be getting a lot of cheers at RFK...
                        Soriano will do much better at RFK than most seem to think. His home/road splits are atrocious, no doubt, but the first things that are apparent to me are 1.He walked a lot more at home, and 2.He struck out a lot less at home. Those two things aren't something that will be effected by a parks dimensions or atmosphere or run tendencies. It is just normal that most players walk more at home and strikeout less at home.

Those two things obviously effected his other numbers....Strikeouts are inversely related to BA and walks help his OBP and will also hurt his Slg and BA because those walks turned into outs on the road. Also, RFK, while a horrible HR park, was a good doubles and triples park last year. With Soriano's trmendous speed, he should rack up lots of those.

Though all those things won't make up for the HRs and BA, I think Soriano bodes much better for next year than many think. It's easy to look at the home/road numbers and think he'll fail, but as you look past that and see why indeed his numbers were worse on the road, you'll see he'll do okay at RFK.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X